PDA

View Full Version : Health issue cropping up need advice

wolf0259
05-14-09, 05:46 PM
Here's what's going on. Recently I've been gagging real bad to the point of puking when doing PT. Through the wonders of the net I found out it wasn't due to the upper respiratory infection I had, but what's called a post nasal drip. Basically mucus drips back and irritates my throat and I gag.

I've found some remedies I'm gonna try, but what I need to know is if I stop and puke while running my IST (I ship May 18) will they see that as a medical issue and hold me back? I can still run a qualifying time even with this issue and I'm hoping my treatment will be enough to put it under control until later. I just don't want to be a buddy f-er because something has cropped up. I have a hunch its from having my nose broken a couple times in the past (which I told my recruiter about) but its never been so bad as to cause this gagging until I got sick.

Any advice? I'm gonna call my recruiter next but still want other advice as well.

Rocky C
05-14-09, 05:52 PM
No big deal, it's post nasal drip and it's not caused by haveing your nose broken, it's because of pollen in the air or you have a little sinus infection.
Carry On.

wolf0259
05-14-09, 06:38 PM
No big deal, it's post nasal drip and it's not caused by haveing your nose broken, it's because of pollen in the air or you have a little sinus infection.
Carry On.

Ok good. I just worry that the gagging is gonna become an issue that's all. Thanks for the advice.

DGardner
05-14-09, 06:52 PM
Carry On.
While it can be caused by allergies, no one can tell you what it is caused by over the internet. I certainly don't know of any Physicians that visit this site, so go see your family physician if it's an issue.

Gunner 0313
05-14-09, 06:56 PM
:flag:Sounds like the makings of a sickbay commando. LOL !

Marine84
05-14-09, 07:06 PM
I certainly don't know of any Physicians that visit this site, so go see your family physician if it's an issue.

Bite your tongue! We have about 3 or 4 on this site. There is a secret yell you have to do to get to see one though.

(Of course I'm not gonna tell you what the secret yell is - we like to keep them to ourselves)

wolf0259
05-15-09, 01:02 AM
Thank you for the responses everyone. I'm just a little worried that's all. Apparently this issue just flared up since I got sick so I'm sure with a little treatment it'll go away and I'll be fine. My recruiter doesn't seem to think it'll be an issue with MEPS and they're not gonna hold me back for a "runny nose" in boot camp. So long as I can get through the IST at MEPS I'll be happy.

Old Marine
05-15-09, 08:35 AM
You can always sit on your honches and do some howling.

wolf0259
05-15-09, 01:28 PM
You can always sit on your honches and do some howling.

lol Thanks Gunny I'll keep that in mind.

SJPB
05-15-09, 07:47 PM
Puke it out man. You'll probably feel better. Hell just puke and pass your IST.

wolf0259
05-15-09, 08:04 PM
I was more concerned that they might hold me back for puking more than anything. Its annoying but considering all I've read about it and how I was sick and haven't had this issue til I got sick, it'll pass on its own eventually.

SGT7477
05-15-09, 09:07 PM
Here's what's going on. Recently I've been gagging real bad to the point of puking when doing PT. Through the wonders of the net I found out it wasn't due to the upper respiratory infection I had, but what's called a post nasal drip. Basically mucus drips back and irritates my throat and I gag.

I've found some remedies I'm gonna try, but what I need to know is if I stop and puke while running my IST (I ship May 18) will they see that as a medical issue and hold me back? I can still run a qualifying time even with this issue and I'm hoping my treatment will be enough to put it under control until later. I just don't want to be a buddy f-er because something has cropped up. I have a hunch its from having my nose broken a couple times in the past (which I told my recruiter about) but its never been so bad as to cause this gagging until I got sick.

Any advice? I'm gonna call my recruiter next but still want other advice as well.
I won't tell you what our SDI did with the pukers.:D

wolf0259
05-15-09, 11:15 PM
I won't tell you what our SDI did with the pukers.:D

Then you shouldn't have mentioned it...now I really wanna know!

SGT7477
05-16-09, 07:59 AM
You don't want to know, you would join another branch. I know for sure it wouldn't happen anymore so you should be safe unless my SDI would be there,lol.

wolf0259
05-16-09, 12:01 PM
All the more reason to tell me as I see it. Besides, if I bailed out now I'd never hear the end of it from my Marine brother and his buddies. I could give you the whole speech about determination and whatnot but I'll save it for after I'm out of boot.