PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Lance Cpl. Dearmon

thedrifter
05-12-09, 06:29 AM
Remembering Lance Cpl. Dearmon

5/11/2009 By Lance Cpl. John Faria , II MEF

MARINE CORPS BASE CAMP LEJEUNE, N.C. —Friends, family, and fellow service members gathered for the remembrance ceremony of Lance Cpl. Stephen Dearmon at the Protestant Chapel, here, May 5.

Dearmon died while serving with Combat Logistics Regiment 27, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, in al Anbar Province, Iraq, April 3.

The ceremony gave the participants a chance to come to terms with his death, recall his accomplishments in life and realize his legacy continues through the lives he touched.

“There is much to remember and much to be thankful for as we remember Lance Cpl. Dearmon, and the way he shared his life with those around him,” said Col. Douglas Linden, his commanding officer. “Lance Cpl. Dearmon gave gifts of himself which have become a part of us, and which cannot be taken away.”

Dearmon’s selflessness and uplifting spirit were a common message, as those who knew him best paid tribute.

“He was always happy, always smiling, and he would have given the shirt off his back to anyone who needed it,” said Lance Cpl. Jacob Pitts, an administrative clerk with Combat Logistics Regiment 27, 2nd Marine Logistics Group. “He was always there to cheer me up when I was going through major turmoil in my life.”

Ellie