PDA

View Full Version : Okinawa, Japan

ColdBlooded
05-12-09, 04:27 AM
:marine: Been here for six months and love the hell out of it.
Places I've been to:

1. Tropical Beach
2. Kokosai Street
3. Saicolo
4. Mary Jane's Rock Club
5. Chi Chi's Gentlemen's Club (Not Recommended)
6. Gate 2 Street
7. One Way's
8. Club Be Greens
9. Smuggler's
10. Banyan Tree (Kadena)
11. Samurai's
12. Shuri Castle
13. Camp Hambi

Anyone else have any more places that are off the chain eh? :marine:

JWDevilDog
05-12-09, 05:02 AM
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and say you're on Foster.

Obviously the bannana show, although after Thailand it's kinda weak... But you still have to go. I won't accept any "no's."

Achped
05-12-09, 05:47 AM
Oki is cool.

Hawaii is better.

ColdBlooded
05-12-09, 06:11 AM
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and say you're on Foster.

Obviously the bannana show, although after Thailand it's kinda weak... But you still have to go. I won't accept any "no's."

I know about that freaky ass show and yes I do plan on going. I'm actually on Kinser.

JWDevilDog
05-12-09, 06:15 AM
I know about that freaky ass show and yes I do plan on going. I'm actually on Kinser.
Ahh, Kinser.

When you go, make sure you have a big group of people, and it will be much better if you are all pretty d*mn drunk...

Namster
05-12-09, 08:06 AM
Oki is cool.

Hawaii is better.

Umm, Olongapo, Subic Bay. 'Nuff said.

Bleape Andre
05-12-09, 08:09 AM
i like ur site
------------------
bleape
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CAgent12%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cms ohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->Alabama Drug Rehab Centers and Programs (http://www.drug-rehab-center.org/alabama.html)

Bleape Andre
05-12-09, 08:11 AM
thanks for the information .I really love this site.
-------------------
bleape
Alabama Drug Rehab Centers and Programs (http://www.drug-rehab-center.org/alabama.html)

JAGarland
05-12-09, 10:11 AM
Maida Point(sp) Gykosendo Village

thewookie
05-12-09, 10:37 AM
Umm, Olongapo, Subic Bay. 'Nuff said.

Umm - those places are in the Philippines - he's talking about Oki.

And, as much as I love Hawaii - it might be a toss up. Oahu might as well be mainland Japan with all the tourist. I would say the Big Island is better then Oki cause there is so much to do and the population is much smaller.

But I don't think Oahu and Waikiki is better then taco, rice, and cheese and a 70-year old toothless mamasan whispering to you in an alley.....:)

SSgt Ramsey
05-12-09, 10:41 AM
Man....I was at Hansen and I still miss Taco, Rice, and Cheese...good times, good eats for sure....I remember Mickey's had killer TRC :D

I have only 1 regret looking back at my 2+ years on Okinawa, is that I could have made some SERIOUS money selling US Guitars over there knowing what I know now :cry:.

Artemis
05-12-09, 12:17 PM
The tug of war in Naha is pretty cool, dragon boat races, White Beach, Okuma, deep sea fishing. There is ton's of stuff to do around there throughout different times of the year.

TTX
05-12-09, 02:55 PM
:marine: Been here for six months and love the hell out of it.
Places I've been to:

1. Tropical Beach
2. Kokosai Street
3. Saicolo
4. Mary Jane's Rock Club
5. Chi Chi's Gentlemen's Club (Not Recommended)
6. Gate 2 Street
7. One Way's
8. Club Be Greens
9. Smuggler's
10. Banyan Tree (Kadena)
11. Samurai's
12. Shuri Castle
13. Camp Hambi

Anyone else have any more places that are off the chain eh? :marine:

I am sure you didn't tell us one place, 14. whisper alley

TexasDvlDog
05-12-09, 04:56 PM
If you see the banana show..don't eat the banana!! My first tour was in '87, there was an old lady that performed...fast forward to '94 for my second tour on the rock, dammit the same old lady was still at it!! :sick:

We used to hang out at New York-New York, Manhatten, Camp Kinser E-Club, got banned from the Kadena Enlisted club a time or two. Flyboys hated that their women preferred to party with us than them. :cool:

Oh and you have to go to Kin Blue Beach. SSgt Ramsey that taco, rice and cheese was the bomb! I still think about that when i see that hot sauce (i can't remember the brand right now)

Is the "Stage" still there in NAHA??

TexasDvlDog
05-12-09, 05:23 PM
Ok it was Crystal hot sauce..good stuff.

jcarter73
05-12-09, 05:43 PM
Bannana Show is at Club Orion... just in case you all forgot...

Favorite place for Taco Rice was a little place called My House outside Futenma.

I was there on Foster from 1994-1995... what a great time.

You need to get SCUBA certified while you are there... some of the best diving anywhere on earth. I logged over 200 dives during my time there, and it wasn't enough.

I hope to get orders there this coming Fall...

thewookie
05-12-09, 06:05 PM
You need to get SCUBA certified while you are there... some of the best diving anywhere on earth. I logged over 200 dives during my time there, and it wasn't enough.

I agree, other then diving in Greece (where nobody was allowed to SCUBA dive until 1994, prior to that they could only free-dive) but other then diving virgin Greek waters, Oki is some of the best diving in the world. Visibility underwater was better then Hawaii or Greece. Anyone going there should get dive qualed - I got my PADI open water by Richard Ruth on December 24th, 1993.

jcarter73
05-12-09, 06:13 PM
I went crazy with scuba quals while there... got Open Water, Advanced Open Water, Deep Diver, Multi-level, Underwater navigator, Night Diver, Naturalist, Rescue Diver, and Divemaster there. Trained by Steven Snow all in the year 1995.

Got my Master Scuba Diver rating while in Hawaii... agreed diving in Hawaii was no where near the quality of Oki. Visability during the winter months was simply amazing.

The only place I've been since that's anywhere close is Grand Cayman during the winter months.

thewookie
05-12-09, 06:26 PM
One more qual you forgot - MUFF DIVER;):banana:

jcarter73
05-12-09, 06:27 PM
lol... that was f-ing funny... forgot about that one...

JWDevilDog
05-13-09, 02:53 AM
If you see the banana show..don't eat the banana!! My first tour was in '87, there was an old lady that performed...fast forward to '94 for my second tour on the rock, dammit the same old lady was still at it!! :sick:

We used to hang out at New York-New York, Manhatten, Camp Kinser E-Club, got banned from the Kadena Enlisted club a time or two. Flyboys hated that their women preferred to party with us than them. :cool:

Oh and you have to go to Kin Blue Beach. SSgt Ramsey that taco, rice and cheese was the bomb! I still think about that when i see that hot sauce (i can't remember the brand right now)

Is the "Stage" still there in NAHA??

Umm Gunny, hate to break it to ya, but I'm pretty sure it's the SAME old lady right now, too... A buddy of mine didn't eat the banana, but it definitely landed on his mouth...

Yeah, we're still getting kicked out of the Banyon Tree (Kadena e-club). They hate Marines there. Prolly cuz we take all their women.

The "Stage" in Naha... I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of it still being around.

JAGarland
05-13-09, 09:32 AM
The Stage was there in 1999 -2003. Never made it there, but I've seen pictures.

TJR1070
05-13-09, 10:52 AM
Naha Music is "The Stage's" real name, I still have my membership card from '88-'89!! Is the bar East Coast still on BC Street? Rainbow shots anyone?

thewookie
05-13-09, 11:28 AM
Naha Music is "The Stage's" real name, I still have my membership card from '88-'89!! Is the bar East Coast still on BC Street? Rainbow shots anyone?

Naha Music Factory - I have a card, too....:marine:

SgtLisdog58
05-22-09, 02:10 PM
Man....I was at Hansen and I still miss Taco, Rice, and Cheese...good times, good eats for sure....I remember Mickey's had killer TRC :D

I have only 1 regret looking back at my 2+ years on Okinawa, is that I could have made some SERIOUS money selling US Guitars over there knowing what I know now :cry:.

Really man???? Now why did you have to mention Mickey's??? I haven't been there in over 10 years and now I'm effin droolin for some Mickey's TRC and some Tacos! Tried many a place since I left but nothing comes even close!

SSgt Ramsey
05-22-09, 02:25 PM
Sorry, that was one of my 2 lamentions of being at Hansen....*sigh*...

Guitar wise, lets put it this way....an Okinawan offered me $3000 US for one of my Charvel Stratheads....and it wasn't even a graphic or Floyded Charvel....brass v-trem and candy apple blue made in 84'.

SgtLisdog58
05-22-09, 02:56 PM
I was stationed in Hawaii but deployed to Okinawa....Hansen to be exact....man oh man do I miss Kin-cho, well mainly Mickey's. That was the best place to hit up when you were drunk and lookin to score some food!

SgtLisdog58
05-22-09, 02:59 PM

Hey I'll have to pass on the rainbow...anybody got a bowl of Mojo though?

SSgt Ramsey
05-22-09, 03:09 PM
I never got into the drinking culture fortunately with the occasional shot of Johnny Walker Black Label over ice.

I just went out in town for Mickey's TRC....and taco's once in a while....all I did in Okinawa was build my stereo and play guitar in my room....pretty boring 26 months but they were mine lol....

SgtLisdog58
05-22-09, 03:18 PM
I did quite a bit of drinking but I also did a bunch of site seeing as well as diving. Hard to do much when you're only deployed for 6 months and have extreme rules governing what you can and can't do. But I managed ;)

SSgt Ramsey
05-22-09, 03:24 PM
I got scared lol...I seen a few guys get absolutely hammered at NJP by the Bn CO and that was enough for me....and maybe my memory is tarnished due to old age, but in the early 90's when I came in, there was very much a "zero defect mentality" on Okinawa.

A few of my buddies got AdSep for what I feel minor infractions done by those E-3 and below....just normal dumb Marine stuff...but they all got AdSep due to it along with NJP.

So, I rarely went out....I had a primitive (then it was state of the art) 8 track recorder and drum machine both made by Yamaha and I thought it was the bomb of home studio demo equipment lol...I had my Mom ship my Les Paul and Guild acoustic to me in their flight-cases. Now I wouldn't dream of letting them out of my living room lol...

Supersquishy
05-22-09, 03:24 PM
First Chance/Last Chance Bar(Kadena), think they had the Habu Snake Shot. Banyan Tree...lol

SgtLisdog58
05-22-09, 03:41 PM
I played it safe by having played the watching game prior to my deployment. I watched everyone and actually figured out who I could go out and have a good time with without any trouble, that way it's safe, fun, and everyone gets back in one piece. And if there were times when I just wanted to go get into a fight....I knew exactly who to go with!

Most of the time I just stayed out of everyone else's way and let other people get into trouble.

SSgt Ramsey
05-22-09, 03:51 PM
LOL...I hear ya...I just took the barracks-rat approach to survival and kept to myself lol...most of the guys in my platoon didn't even know I played or recorded stuff lol.....I was a transcribing animal.....figured out entire albums by Al DiMeola, Steve Morse, Ozzy w/Randy Rhoads....April Wine, Triumph....all I did was play guitar lol....when I took leave that's all I did too lol.....but I survived and made it to Corporal 4 days before I flew off the island.:D

SgtLisdog58
05-22-09, 04:07 PM
Nothin wrong with the barracks rat approach. I kept my nose clean and hit all 5 ranks in just under 3 1/2 years! Quite proud of myself

Supersquishy
05-22-09, 04:10 PM
Nothin wrong with the barracks rat approach. I kept my nose clean and hit all 5 ranks in just under 3 1/2 years! Quite proud of myself

Thats SH1t Hot!

SgtLisdog58
05-22-09, 04:29 PM
Thats SH1t Hot!

Nah, like I said, keeping your nose clean and knowing your stuff will get ya promoted. They won't deny you if you know what you're talking about and not a $@#%-bird.

Supersquishy
05-22-09, 04:40 PM
Nah, like I said, keeping your nose clean and knowing your stuff will get ya promoted. They won't deny you if you know what you're talking about and not a $@#%-bird.

Hey I was just out in your neck of the woods, Mom lives in Vancouver, Brother lives in Camas, you live in a nice state. Got do a little shooting while there too, sh1t I cant do here in this dump.

FrankNunez1986
05-26-09, 12:53 AM
I've tried Rainbow shots and Mojo at East Coast.
and the banana show is at club Presidente right outside Gate Two

Steve0231
05-27-09, 06:31 PM

Taco rice was awesome!! From that little place right outside the gate of Foster? That was great post-drinking food!

ColdBlooded
05-27-09, 06:49 PM
The best tacos I have ever had were at this little hole in the wall in Kokosai Street called Tacos-Ya. Those tacos are the first thing in my life that made my d**k move without females envolved.

Tim Self
05-27-09, 07:45 PM
When I got my orders to Oki, buddies told me I HAD to go diving. I said bull, I was stationed at El Toro and didn't care for the ocean then. While flying in, as you all know, my mind was made up. My daughter was recalling that just today about when we went snorkling. It had to be the best duty station I had in 20 years.:D

IYAOYAS :flag:

fallfast90
05-27-09, 09:00 PM
+1 on the Taco rice!!! How about the vending machines out in the middle of nowhere. Us MP's had fun during our outer perimeter checks. I was at hansen, and while driving out in Kin-town we would turn our yellow headlights on (like the JP's). We would sneak around a corner and pull up on some drinky-ho's. I have never seen a group of women take off faster in high heels and actually jump fences then i have in oki!!!

thewookie
05-27-09, 09:31 PM
+1 on the Taco rice!!! How about the vending machines out in the middle of nowhere. Us MP's had fun during our outer perimeter checks. I was at hansen, and while driving out in Kin-town we would turn our yellow headlights on (like the JP's). We would sneak around a corner and pull up on some drinky-ho's. I have never seen a group of women take off faster in high heels and actually jump fences then i have in oki!!!

That's a great story, Oki is awesome, and the things Marines come up with over-there (anywhere) are priceless. I can almost imagine this scene you're talking about, makes me smile. I miss Sinville..... you haf figh dolla:banana:

BigPhil
05-27-09, 10:12 PM
Was in 2/9/3 in 63/64 they were just puting the A-Signs up at that time. Wasn't much to do on off time except drink fight or get laid, all on 5 bucks. But did have a good time. Was back in 67 from Nam the place had changed.

Tim Self
05-27-09, 10:24 PM
BigPhil, so has the price!

jrhd97
05-27-09, 10:47 PM
Umm Gunny, hate to break it to ya, but I'm pretty sure it's the SAME old lady right now, too... A buddy of mine didn't eat the banana, but it definitely landed on his mouth...

Yeah, we're still getting kicked out of the Banyon Tree (Kadena e-club). They hate Marines there. Prolly cuz we take all their women.

The "Stage" in Naha... I've never been there, but I'm pretty sure I've heard of it still being around.

Was on Foster in '96-'97. Kadena e club was off limits to Marines. Had to be signed in as a guest of an airman. Helped it was a chick taken us to show off to her friends :D

TJR1070
05-28-09, 07:21 AM
Anyone remember cave punch at Eddie's Place in Kinville? It was served in a silver bowl with as many straws as you wanted, perfect for doing surrogate keg stands.

Quinbo
05-28-09, 10:58 AM
Did they just rename the bar that used to be called the cave? It was downstairs in more or less a basement and felt like a cave. Great big bowels of mojo for you and some of your friends to share.

thewookie
05-28-09, 11:06 AM
Yeah, and I somehow remember hair or fur on the outside or inside part of the entrance door. It was a very dirty place and not the best spot for a 1st date.

But great MOJO:yes:

fallfast90
05-30-09, 06:19 PM
Anyne know if Lester is still there?? I heard it moved or something. I had a lot of good times sneaking into my g/f's room at night, lol!!!!