PDA

View Full Version : Questions about MECEP and Naval Academy

Bullpup
05-11-09, 09:46 PM
I am a fairly new and junior Marine. I graduated boot camp last October and picked up LCPl right before graduating. I just became an 0321 and joined a fleet unit. I don't have to tell you that I'm at the bottom of the totem pole right now.

My reason for posting: I have the desire to become an Officer of Marines. I am motivated and I believe I am qualified. I just don't know where to start. If anyone has any advice or info on what I should be doing or who I should be talking to, I would appreciate it. It is my goal to begin school in the fall of 2010.

I am stationed at Camp Pendleton. If there is any other information anyone wants please let me know.

Thank you all.

TTX
05-12-09, 02:53 PM
Start with your Career Counselor and you better be **** hot.

commdog7
05-12-09, 05:11 PM
I heard somewhere that you have to be a Cpl to apply for MECEP, but you really should check with your Career Planner- they will give you the specifics.

jcarter73
05-12-09, 06:26 PM
They change the rank requirement from time to time... historically it has been Corporal for MECEP... you also need at least a 110 on the EL portion of your ASVAB.

DIBLO7
05-12-09, 06:26 PM
If your interested in MECEP look at MCO 1560.15L and MARADMIN 248/09. Anything that the MARADMIN says supersedes the MCO.

You can be any rank to apply for MECEP (MARADMIN 248/09 paragraph 7.b); however, chances of getting it through your chain of command favorably are slim unless you've been in a bit.

There are other commissioning programs available other than MECEP though, for example ECP, where you already have your degree and you put a package in, then go strait to OCS.