PDA

View Full Version : Question about drug Waiver

ChineyEnd
05-11-09, 06:34 PM
Suppose a poolee lied to his recruiter and meps about his past drug use (tried marijuana 1-3) times and wanted to come clean and get a waiver but there was only 7 days left until bootcamp. What should this poolee do?

Phantom Blooper
05-11-09, 07:30 PM
Punt.... <br />
<br />
Come clean to the recruiter..... <br />
<br />
It would be better to be HONEST and upfront and get a waiver and wait a little longer. <br />
<br />
You will be having a black cloud hanging over your head the...

Rocky C
05-11-09, 07:37 PM
Well Said!!!
I was going to answer but I was a little heated reading that again from so many Poolees these days.
WTF???
Rocky

NoRemorse
05-11-09, 07:47 PM
Tell them at the Moment of Truth at MCRD and they'll take care of it.

You'll get to tell everybody that you went to MCRD, disclosed at the moment of truth and were sent to RSP.

Yes you should come clean, and if your recruiter doesn't like it, TS, it's your life, your contract, your ass.

And reread the SSGT's post, print it out and put it over your rack at night and read it before going to sleep while you wait for a waiver to come down.

ChineyEnd
05-11-09, 07:49 PM
I just found a brain and want to come clean. This has been bothering me for some time now. I never got caught and have a clean record (never been arrested for anything). The only thing that I'm worried about is I'm leaving on the 18th for bootcamp and I don't want to get delayed.

NoRemorse
05-11-09, 07:54 PM
Too bad. Hurry up and wait; get used to it. March your ass down to the RSS ASAP and report this discrepancy to your recruiter. If he hems and haws go up the chain and get your waiver.

If you want to earn your title it starts there.

ChineyEnd
05-11-09, 08:20 PM
I told my recruiter and he said it was fine, I just need to get a waiver. He also said that I'm still good to go for my ship date.

Jatt
05-11-09, 09:11 PM
what would it matter if your system is clean, if it isnt, drink 2 gallons of water a day, 1 glass of 100% cranberry juice, and take 3 to 4 niacin 250mg pills in between your meals, and run daily.

kash
05-11-09, 09:30 PM
what would it matter if your system is clean, if it isnt, drink 2 gallons of water a day, 1 glass of 100% cranberry juice, and take 3 to 4 niacin 250mg pills in between your meals, and run daily.
Sounds like someone has tried to clean out their system before.....:thumbdown

AlanJames
05-12-09, 11:51 AM
Unless law enforcement placed charges on you, they wouldn't find out during your background check. <br />
<br />
Just Say No.

SS109
05-12-09, 12:17 PM
Why would you even bother? Do you really think that they'd find out about your history of use? No... Common misconception is that they dig into your records when you enlist and try to pull dirt on you. What you put down is what they see, end of story.

NoRemorse
05-12-09, 12:18 PM
Public forum, his name is on his profile... <br />
<br />
So you're advocating that he lie about prior drug use and feel like sh!t for his entire enlistment if he makes it through Boot? He'd have no integrity...

AlanJames
05-12-09, 12:30 PM
Oh Yeah, You Most Definately Do Not Need To Lie, and You Shouldn't Lie- because It is Illegal and Morally Wrong.

ChineyEnd
05-12-09, 01:14 PM
I listened to the Marines on who answered my questions. I came clean. All I need to do is get a waiver and my ship date is still the same.

KawiGunny
05-12-09, 02:16 PM
I listened to the Marines on who answered my questions. I came clean. All I need to do is get a waiver and my ship date is still the same.

Good for you. Honesty is the best answer in any situation. I used to tel that to my Marines all the time. If they were honest with me, I could deflect incoming rounds easier. If they lied to me, then they got what they deserved.

Wyoming
05-12-09, 03:36 PM

Bad advice. **** off!!

Wyoming
05-12-09, 03:38 PM
Bad advice. **** off!!

Wyoming
05-12-09, 03:54 PM
... and then you say ..........

Oh Yeah, You Most Definately Do Not Need To Lie, and You Shouldn't Lie- because It is Illegal and Morally Wrong.

AlanJames
05-12-09, 04:11 PM
Just say no... to Drugs. Meaning don't do them in the first place.

I also said that, unless law enforcement was aware and took records of your drug use- then The Marine Corps would most likely not find out during a background check- this isn't false information, is it? IT DOES mean you are lying- which is bad- hence the second post.

Barr
05-13-09, 02:40 AM
If it was far enough in the past, they're definitely not going to find out about it unless you tell them. Everyone has tried it, just don't do it again. You're going to lose a bunch of security clearance just because you tried a harmless drug years ago. Not worth it, but it's your call.

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 07:38 AM
If it was far enough in the past, they're definitely not going to find out about it unless you tell them. Everyone has tried it, just don't do it again. You're going to lose a bunch of security clearance just because you tried a harmless drug years ago. Not worth it, but it's your call.

Get your facts straight before you open your soup cooler there poolie. Or better yet, if it is something your not sure about, ask. Don't going spreading around bum-scoop. I came into the Marine Corps with a drug waiver for trying MJ on a few occaisions. I even disclosed that info when I went for my TS. Didn't stop me. As far as that goes, I even disclosed it when the DOJ did my TS and here I sit with my TS and doing just fine.

Wyoming
05-13-09, 12:16 PM

MORE, bad advice!!