PDA

View Full Version : Major Question

lopez0809
05-11-09, 01:58 PM
Quick question:

If your secuirty clearance was done but while you were in the DEP program something occured, How bad does the incident have to be for it to affect you TS clearance? I have Intel/SigIntel/Ground Elec Warfare and my recruiter said that it wont affect me if things pan out. Can someone in either field tell me spmething? PM me and I will give the details of what happened and then you should be able to determine whether or not it will affect me. Thank you very much.

thewookie
05-11-09, 02:58 PM
Quick question:

If your secuirty clearance was done but while you were in the DEP program something occured, How bad does the incident have to be for it to affect you TS clearance? I have Intel/SigIntel/Ground Elec Warfare and my recruiter said that it wont affect me if things pan out. Can someone in either field tell me spmething? PM me and I will give the details of what happened and then you should be able to determine whether or not it will affect me. Thank you very much.

Give us the details - don't ask a question in public but then expect private answers. You cannot ask us about the severity of the incident if we don't know what it is. Treat us like your priest - tell us everything and let us sort it out.

AlanJames
05-11-09, 03:53 PM
Well, whatever it was- Those doing your Top Secret Security Clearance process will most definitely find out, so make sure your Recruiter doesn't get you kicked out during boot camp, because that would most definitely suck.

Phantom Blooper
05-11-09, 04:54 PM
Major Question

This sounds like a Lt. question to me....:evilgrin:

Rocky C
05-11-09, 05:17 PM
This sounds like a Lt. question to me....:evilgrin:
Perhaps General question:evilgrin::D

Wyoming
05-11-09, 05:24 PM
I was thinking Major General but Private!!:evilgrin:

Rocky C
05-11-09, 05:34 PM
I was thinking Major General but Private!!:evilgrin:

That's soo good!!!
I can't beat it....
I'll be thinking about it all F**KIN night now, Shiat....:evilgrin:

Old Marine
05-11-09, 08:15 PM
Good thing it wasn't a LtCol question.

0231Marine
05-12-09, 06:54 AM
I can assure you that your security clearance has not been done if you haven't even shipped to bootcamp. They won't even begin to start your background check and do interviews until you're their because they have no assurance that you'll actually ship. Whatever your issue is, tell your recruiter that he needs to notify his chain of command so that it can be included in your paperwork. Last thing you want when dealing with this is have some surprise pop up during your investigation.

JWDevilDog
05-12-09, 07:15 AM
Major Question

A more difficult question would be a CWO5 Question. Good luck answering one of those!

Come to think of it, a Master Guns Question would be an a** kicker, too...

KawiGunny
05-12-09, 07:40 AM
Come to think of it, a Master Guns Question would be an a** kicker, too...

Most Master Guns in the infantry like to break it down Barney style so they don't have to ask it twice. Makes you feel like a little kid again.

0231Marine
05-12-09, 07:54 AM
CWO5's are usually pretty cool. They've been enlisted so they know where you're coming from and by that point in their career, they don't have much to worry about and are looking forward to retirement so they're laid back for the most part.

lopez0809
05-12-09, 09:06 AM
Wow, you guys reply fast. But as far as what happened since everyone wants to know, I'll give the jist of the events that happened. I have pending charges (which I must add are completely fabricated)...

Rocky C
05-12-09, 09:15 AM
All I can say is WOW!!! That's quite a story and thanks for shareing.
I'm not going to comment, I'll leave that up to Walt Disney.
Good Luck.....

lopez0809
05-12-09, 09:20 AM
Forgot to mention the fact that the complaints that were filed weren't signed, the statements were inconsistent and different from each other, there should be video from the place where we were because all of this occurred in a parking lot, and the DA was not ready as they never are, and even the judge didn't even understand why I was there or what happened because of the fact that all that was written was that I approached the officer screaming waving an unknown object and struck him with a closed fist. In the other complaint it said a phone. Noting that was written made any sense and everyone in the court room knew it. And I must add that I would never risk my life or the life of my phone for that matter - I'm a teenager and my life revolves around my phone, lol:call:< it's funny how there's actually a picture to accompany this statement, lol. Like my entire case makes no sense which is why when I go to court I pray they throw it out, but they wont. Thanks guys for all the help and thoughts and info.. I've got nothing to hide. I was even thinkning about writing the part of the lat move package where you need to write about your life from begining to end. And yes, I am defintely going to tell the people down at boot everything I'm telling you guys. My priority at the moment is to become a marine, then do my job. It'll just suck if I have to do another MOS

NoRemorse
05-12-09, 09:27 AM
Please repost and use paragraphs and a different color font. My surgically enhanced eyes are swelling up and tearing trying to read that massive block of print. It's just hard to read.

Rocky C
05-12-09, 09:29 AM
It just keeps getting better!!! You do realize that this is a public forum and everything that you say and type can be read by everyone, the general public, law enforcement, etc, etc,.
Perhaps you should think about being a writer also.

lopez0809
05-12-09, 09:29 AM
Wow, you guys reply fast. But as far as what happened since everyone wants to know, I'll give the jist of the events that happened. I have pending charges (which I must add are completely fabricated)...

lopez0809
05-12-09, 09:30 AM
Forgot to mention the fact that the complaints that were filed weren't signed, the statements were inconsistent and different from each other, there should be video from the place where we were because all of this occurred in a parking lot, and the DA was not ready as they never are, and even the judge didn't even understand why I was there or what happened because of the fact that all that was written was that I approached the officer screaming waving an unknown object and struck him with a closed fist. In the other complaint it said a phone. Noting that was written made any sense and everyone in the court room knew it. And I must add that I would never risk my life or the life of my phone for that matter - I'm a teenager and my life revolves around my phone, lol:call:< it's funny how there's actually a picture to accompany this statement, lol. Like my entire case makes no sense which is why when I go to court I pray they throw it out, but they wont. Thanks guys for all the help and thoughts and info.. I've got nothing to hide. I was even thinkning about writing the part of the lat move package where you need to write about your life from begining to end. And yes, I am defintely going to tell the people down at boot everything I'm telling you guys. My priority at the moment is to become a marine, then do my job. It'll just suck if I have to do another MOS

lopez0809
05-12-09, 09:35 AM
I do understand that this a public forum but how else do I get you guys to answer my questions, lol. Anyway I know everyone can read it and that's not a problem because this is all truth. And well, it seemed to be a problem for PM's to be sent so I figured, heck why not tell you guys, although the referece to you guys being priests is like an oxymoron hahaha, Marine Priests. . . .hahahaha

Rocky C
05-12-09, 09:36 AM
Please repost and use paragraphs and a different color font. My surgically enhanced eyes are swelling up and tearing trying to read that massive block of print. It's just hard to read.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
This is too funny. I guess he really couldn't figure it out. Talk about massive block print :)
Rocky

NoRemorse
05-12-09, 09:40 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
This is too funny. I guess he really couldn't figure it out. Talk about massive block print :)
Rocky

I'm gonna throw a coffee pot at her before too long :p

Semper Fi:flag:

Rocky C
05-12-09, 09:49 AM
I'm gonna throw a coffee pot at her before too long :p

Semper Fi:flag:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Throw mine, you know bro about my issues with my coffee pot :D
ps, that's a girl were talking too???
good thing I didn't comment on the Marine Priest thing!!! You know, the Father In Joke???

Rocky

NoRemorse
05-12-09, 10:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Throw mine, you know bro about my issues with my coffee pot :D
ps, that's a girl were talking too???
good thing I didn't comment on the Marine Priest thing!!! You know, the Father In Joke???

Rocky

Yep, and good thing you didn't go into the priest thing. :D

On a serious note, that block of text is hard to read. If she broke it up into paragraphs more people would take note and reply.

Rocky C
05-12-09, 10:08 AM
Yep, and good thing you didn't go into the priest thing. :D

On a serious note, that block of text is hard to read. If she broke it up into paragraphs more people would take note and reply.

I know, it's soo big and running with no breaks that I keep reading the same lines.
Poor girl, seems like alot to go through with this situation. I have no answers to help her. I wonder what happened to the little 10 year old child???

NoRemorse
05-12-09, 10:13 AM
Ok, I read it... It sounds partly fabricated or like you came upon an officer in the middle of a violent confrontation. <br />
<br />
If it happened the way you said it did then the case would most likely be...

lopez0809
05-12-09, 10:19 AM
No, I wasn't talking about the single scope background check, I know about that because my sister had to do the same thing at boot. And you can believe me or not. You don't have to. I'm not asking you to. I just want to know what I should be expecting. I see my judge on Friday. Not here, sir. But thank you for the information that you did provide me. It's much appreciated.

thewookie
05-12-09, 10:21 AM
Walk away.

Keep your nose out of the police's business - for all you know the kid reached for the cops gun, or was a druggie user known by the police, he might be a local thief who just robbed a little old lady.

You said you walked into this, you have no idea of what the back story is and you think you can play savior? Whew - takes some nads.

Who knows, you don't - that is why you let the professionals who are paid to deal with this, deal with it.

If you kept your nose where it belongs then you wouldn't be in this little predicament.

Too many people second guess/ know it all and get in police officer's way.

Stay away, if they say go away - go, if they say get on the ground - get there, fast.

With your opinions to yourself, and your lips shut.

Good luck, I hope it works out but I bet the next time you're not going to stick your nose where it don't belong in the first place.

KawiGunny
05-12-09, 10:23 AM
You say your background investigation was completed in 2 days? Uh... no... maybe the preliminary but they're usually still interviewing people and compiling and investigation packet on you while you're in boot and you haven't even shipped yet so there's no Security clearance for you yet. Your recruiter may have said something else.

I was thinking the same thing. A TS clearence is a pretty drawn out process. At least mine have always been. DOD gets pretty thorough and when I went through it with the DOJ..... wow..... these guys were diggin in the short grass.

Quinbo
05-12-09, 10:28 AM
Geeze we need to get Jettdawg on this case. Are you saying that the police beat a 10 year old with a nite stick and then threw you to the ground hard enough to injure you? Before that they beat the crap out of your handicapped father? Arrested you and your parents leaving a 7 year old all alone for 24 hours and kept you a minor in jail for 3 days?

I'm really suprised the media didn't pick this story up and splash it across the news. Well maybe they did and I missed it.

NoRemorse
05-12-09, 10:32 AM
Walk away.

Keep your nose out of the police's business - for all you know the kid reached for the cops gun, or was a druggie user known by the police, he might be a local thief who just robbed a little old lady.

You said you walked into this, you have no idea of what the back story is and you think you can play savior? Whew - takes some nads.

Who knows, you don't - that is why you let the professionals who are paid to deal with this, deal with it.

If you kept your nose where it belongs then you wouldn't be in this little predicament.

Too many people second guess/ know it all and get in police officer's way.

Stay away, if they say go away - go, if they say get on the ground - get there, fast.

With your opinions to yourself, and your lips shut.

Good luck, I hope it works out but I bet the next time you're not going to stick your nose where it don't belong in the first place.

That's what I was getting towards, Sgt, but the way you stated it is infinitely better than my post.

To all poolee's/Marine friends; this is not the thread to come into if you want to make comments regarding police procedure or perceived injustices made towards yourselves or your friends. Lock it up and stay on target.

Assess the situation and pick your battles; do your research and act with your head; keep your posts short and use paragraphs.

Phantom Blooper
05-12-09, 10:38 AM
This looks like after reading all the posts this is a Commandant and Sgt Major of the Marine Corps question!:evilgrin:

lopez0809
05-12-09, 01:36 PM
I'm not one to stick my nose where it doesn't belong. I'm just some kid from the burbs who went to the city to see my aunt who was in the hospital, stopped for a minute at freggin mcdonalds, saw the cops pull a kid from inside a store drag him outside and slam him on the patrol car and whack 'em. I didn't even know the kid.

I mean you see a cop making a 10 year old kid all bruised and bloody, you can't sit there and tell me you wouldn't at least try to take a pic. And besides isn't it part of the oath of enlistment to uphold the constitution, against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. It may just be me, but werent some constitutional laws broken??? Now don't get me wrong, I love my law enforcers just as the next person, but not this one.

I'm not saying he was in the wrong for arresting the kid, but hey, when your doing something your not suppose to of course your going to react in the manner that he did. I have always wanted to pursue a career in law inforcement since the age 4. I wanted to be an attorney. And I wanted to work for the US attorneys. I've even worked with the law as a legal intern and have tons of mentors who are in law inforcement. We're not even talking about that god darn kid anymore. I don't care about that kid. Stuff was done to me, a bystander with a phone. If I were your daughter you would not be feeling the way you do now.

Thank you to those who at least gave me a general idea of what to expect and do. It helps. And if my opinions offend people, then oopsy daisy, not my intentions at all. Tough love guys, not murder with words. Lets help me out. Not get defensive, lol.

NoRemorse
05-12-09, 01:45 PM
Constitutional laws? Ok, provide evidence and make that case.

Doing something he wasn't supposed to? You don't know what happened prior to you getting there.

Plenty of civilians have snapped pics or taken videos and those end up on the news or Youtube.

In any case, if the paper work is jacked up then it will most likely be dismissed on a technicality unless the prosecutor wants to push it. If you have to cut a deal with them and plead guilty to a misdemeanor, that means you need a moral waiver.

If you're prosecuted as a minor (which I doubt you would be since your ship date is this year and they'd make the case that you fully knew what you were doing according to their version) then that also mucks up the process since you won't be able to do anything for a while with that on your record.

Incarceration, community service, probation, parole, nearly any punishment would preclude your ability to enlist until you've satisifed the requirements of that particular sentence or petition the court for an early release.

I could go on and on, there are a lot of variables and its too much speculation at this point. Keep your nose clean, keep in contact with your lawyer and hope for the best.

KawiGunny
05-12-09, 02:21 PM
And besides isn't it part of the oath of enlistment to uphold the constitution, against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.

I guess the LEO was an enemy? Don't read into the constitution.

sscjoe
05-12-09, 03:33 PM
Geeze we need to get Jettdawg on this case. Are you saying that the police beat a 10 year old with a nite stick and then threw you to the ground hard enough to injure you? Before that they beat the crap out of your handicapped father? Arrested you and your parents leaving a 7 year old all alone for 24 hours and kept you a minor in jail for 3 days?

I'm really suprised the media didn't pick this story up and splash it across the news. Well maybe they did and I missed it.

The surprising thing about this is that the anti-police members here haven't commented. I agree with both you, Ray and the Wookie. I not going say this did not happen but in the climate of today I have a hard time believing that azz-hole Rev Al hasn't been heard from either.

thewookie
05-12-09, 04:13 PM
Is this the story

stopped for a minute at freggin mcdonalds, saw the cops pull a kid from inside a store drag him outside and slam him on the patrol car and whack 'em.

or

I was in New York on Family Business when I saw a cop beating a 10 year old little boy with a night stick.

is it this?

Rocky C
05-12-09, 04:49 PM
5 Hours later and I had to come back for part 2.
Rocky

JWDevilDog
05-13-09, 04:02 AM
Well, if I were in your shoes, and if your story is true, then this is what I would have done. I would have walked up to the cop, explained that I am a Marine (I know you aren't, but I'm saying if...

JWDevilDog
05-13-09, 04:09 AM
Most Master Guns in the infantry like to break it down Barney style so they don't have to ask it twice. Makes you feel like a little kid again.

CWO5's are usually pretty cool. They've been enlisted so they know where you're coming from and by that point in their career, they don't have much to worry about and are looking forward to retirement so they're laid back for the most part.

All I meant by the Master Guns and CWO5 thing is that they are considered the leading experts in their fields, so they know some sh*t that would make junior Marines heads spin. Just saying they have the potential to ask some really technical, difficult questions. My head would pop.

This looks like after reading all the posts this is a Commandant and Sgt Major of the Marine Corps question!:evilgrin:

You know, SSgt., I think you might be right about that one...

lopez0809
05-13-09, 08:29 AM
If I were a Marine things would have gone completely different. But I'm not, and he was a grown man twice my size. 5'4&quot; 110lbs vs. 6'3&quot; 220+lbs totaly not happening. No way in hell

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 08:37 AM
If I were a Marine things would have gone completely different. But I'm not, and he was a grown man twice my size. 5'4" 110lbs vs. 6'3" 220+lbs totaly not happening. No way in hell

Size actually doesn't matter in this situation.:D

It's all about technique.

NoRemorse
05-13-09, 08:39 AM
Has this thread been forwarded to HQMC yet?

Rocky C
05-13-09, 08:45 AM
Has this thread been forwarded to HQMC yet?

:D Day 2...... and I still have not read anything in the New York papers yet, but she did say it happened in Queens and usually. "What happens in Queens, stays in Queens"

This would be a good story for NCIS on Tuesday night NBC.

Rocky

NoRemorse
05-13-09, 08:48 AM
:D Day 2...... and I still have not read anything in the New York papers yet, but she did say it happened in Queens and usually. "What happens in Queens, stays in Queens"

This would be a good story for NCIS on Tuesday night NBC.

Rocky

What would the headline say?

5'4" Marine crushes NY Finest's carotid compartment.

As far as the news is concerned anybody even remotely connected to the USMC is a rabid, foaming at the mouth killer...

I watched myself type "foaming at the mother" and said wtf?

TJR1070
05-13-09, 11:24 AM
My Bull**** meter went off the charts with this one!!

dribbler
05-13-09, 12:30 PM
I was thinking the same thing. A TS clearence is a pretty drawn out process. At least mine have always been. DOD gets pretty thorough and when I went through it with the DOJ..... wow..... these guys were diggin in the short grass.

digging in the short grass? whats that mean?

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 01:11 PM
digging in the short grass? whats that mean?

Means they were looking harder into my past and the friends I keep. Harder than when I had my DOD TS clearence.

JWDevilDog
05-13-09, 11:08 PM
If I were a Marine things would have gone completely different. But I'm not, and he was a grown man twice my size. 5'4" 110lbs vs. 6'3" 220+lbs totaly not happening. No way in hell

Size has nothing to do with being a Marine. I think this quote fits perfectly here:

"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on the defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat." ~ RAdm. "Jay' R. Stark, U.S. Navy

lopez0809
05-14-09, 09:21 AM
My Bull**** meter went off the charts with this one!!

I didn't know the military issued those. . . . . .

NoRemorse
05-14-09, 09:23 AM
I didn't know the military issued those. . . . . .

Those aren't issued, you earn them.

lopez0809
05-14-09, 09:33 AM
Okay. Not much to read into. And I wouldn't say it's s feeling of guilt. It's more of a feeling of wanting to know what to expect. I didn't know posting on this forum would have me crucified with...

lopez0809
05-14-09, 09:44 AM
Those aren't issued, you earn them.

aye sir.

Rocky C
05-14-09, 10:13 AM
So what's the update on the situation?
Is this thing going to go away?

Rocky

lopez0809
05-14-09, 10:22 AM
So what's the update on the situation?
Is this thing going to go away?

Rocky

Latest Update:
I'm heading to New York today to be there in court bright and early tomorrow. Trial starts. Let's see if the DA can come up with a case against me cause they weren't ready last time and I doubt they will be tomorrow. Will post monday with updates after I'm back in Philly and the the Summer Warrior Challenge is over.

Rocky C
05-14-09, 10:28 AM
Ok, Good Luck and will here from you on Monday.
Bring your Raingear, it's Raining really hard up here.

Rocky

echo3oscar1833
05-14-09, 06:28 PM
Anyone feel free to correct me if I missed reading this in here, after going through all these pages. But have you even told your recruiter about wtf is going on. Does he/she even know about your...

Phantom Blooper
05-16-09, 10:53 PM
Well...what happened?

You were on here yesterday(Friday)...did you kick the dumb DA's azz and take names and badge #'s?

Let us know about this MAJOR Classified Question!

We want answers!:evilgrin:

lopez0809
05-18-09, 08:47 AM
Good Morning to everyone

Today is a wonderful day

The entire case was dismissed and on August 9th the day before I ship off to Boot Camp everything will be terminated from the system. They wanted to avoid a lawsuit which is why they dismissed everything. At a meeting that my lawyer had attended prior to the 15th, that included the DA, IAB, and himself, they discussed the matter at hand and how there was no evidence to support the case against me, and that of course I was falsely imprisoned. Told you guys I was telling the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth, lol. IAB is still looking into the matter and has begun an investigation of the entire precinct. We had statements taken down for that matter had it notarized and sent. I'm good to go, now that I've got everything settled. Saturday at the warrior challenge I asked a Marine who was Intel about the matter, he said I should be cleared since it was dismissed. My lawyer informed me that everything on my record should go back to how it used to be before all this stupidity happened.

Thank you to everyone

And thanks for heads up on the rain. It poured like all hell on thursday.

WISE AZZ>>>MOUTH IS NOT NEEDED

lopez0809
05-18-09, 08:51 AM
Yeah they already knew. I called them while I was in there. Actually I called a few people while I was in there because of how I explained that the phone was handed to me while I went to the bathroom...

lopez0809
05-18-09, 08:59 AM
Is this the story

or

is it this?

Well, doesn't matter the verbiage that is used. What matters is the jist and validity, and the truth of the matter asserted. Dismissal of the case reaffirms that. :D

NoRemorse
05-18-09, 09:08 AM
Well, doesn't matter the verbiage that is used. What matters is the jist and validity, and the truth of the matter asserted. Dismissal of the case reaffirms that. :D

That's not the proper use of the term "verbiage" unless you're denigrating your own statements.

The validity of your statements are confounded by the differing versions you told. The dismissal of the case reaffirms nothing. It could have been a procedural error or another case of bad press for the NYPD.

If you did nothing wrong then don't worry about refuting or rebutting statements made here, go test your mettle and earn the title as you were planning to. Good luck in your travels.

lopez0809
05-18-09, 10:01 AM
I thought verbiage was the manner in which something was expressed through words.

And that is my main goal. Getting my EGA :)

Thank you for wishing me good luck.

lopez0809
05-18-09, 10:03 AM
My story never changed once. More detail, yes. Different, no.
All my posts say the same thing.

NoRemorse
05-18-09, 10:14 AM
...I thought verbiage was the manner in which something was expressed through words...

Verbiage indicates excessive wordiness and is usually used as an insult or is at least meant in the negative sense. If you were indicating the verbiage of your own post then you'd be saying that you made it unnecessarily wordy when a shorter post would have sufficed.

lopez0809
05-18-09, 10:17 AM
Okay. I went back and checked on everyone of my posts cause my OCD is kicking in, lol, and this started bothering me so I just had to check. Nothing contradicts itself.

1.Family business:
*dad is an aviary breeder so he had to buy bird food (CEDE-has a website)
*aunt was in the hospital because she had surgery so we went to see her
2.stopped at McDonald's afterward
3.saw the police officer come in
4.take a kid outside
5.beat him with a stick

. . . .chronological order, no overlaps.

I apologize for any confusion that may have resulted from me not being clear enough.

lopez0809
05-18-09, 10:22 AM
Verbiage indicates excessive wordiness and is usually used as an insult or is at least meant in the negative sense. If you were indicating the verbiage of your own post then you'd be saying that you made it unnecessarily wordy when a shorter post would have sufficed.

I'll agree that shorter post would have been enough. lol
And I didn't mean the negative connotation of the word. I just meant the way it was expressed. Although thanks for pointing that out. I'll remember it next time :)

TJR1070
05-18-09, 10:43 AM
It's amazing you have an answer for everything. Make sure you have a snappy reply for your Drill Instructors whenever they ask you a question. For one I'm tired of hearing your self induced sob story. Go to boot camp and hopefully the process of recruit training will either change you or weed you out.

lopez0809
05-18-09, 10:46 AM
Okay :D

NoRemorse
05-18-09, 10:49 AM
That's bordering on disrespect. Lock it up and keep your head down.

TJR1070
05-18-09, 10:49 AM
Exactly what I was talking about!!

lopez0809
05-18-09, 10:51 AM
My apologies. Sorry if it was taken as disrespect gentlemen.

TJR1070
05-18-09, 10:53 AM
Sorry doesn't pay the Bulldog, but you will find that out soon enough!

thedrifter
05-18-09, 11:35 AM
Sorry doesn't pay the Bulldog, but you will find that out soon enough!

I AGREE>>>

THIS WANABEE NEEDS TO LEARN RESPECT>>>

TOPIC IS CLOSED>>>>