PDA

View Full Version : Marine Spouse Separation/ PCS

RNelson
05-11-09, 03:27 AM
My fiance and I are both active duty and currently deployed. The time has come for my fiance to re enlist and is looking at using duty station for his incentive. We are currently stationed at Lejuene and are planning on getting married after this deployment (not for almost another year still). The big question I have is if gets stationed west coast or more than 50 mi away from me, will I be able to PCS to be stationed close to him?We both know from being active duty that separation is going to happen and that is a part of military life, but we have also accepted the fact that we are willing to be separated and wait for each other. We both have said that we are willing to post pone getting married untill things settle down. I'm just trying to find out what orders there are out there to help us and what advice Marines who have been through similar situations have to give.

GySgtRet
05-11-09, 05:12 AM
Thank you for your service. If memory serves me correctly you are in a supply mos? If this is so your mos is rated in most duty stations of the Marine Corps. Are you and your fiance of equal rank or is he senior? Usually if the senior rank goes the junior rank can go to but, you aren't married yet so the Marine Corps would not have that obligation to station you within 50 miles of each other. Your mos monitor can be help with this but the short ot it if you have the requirments of your duty assignment completed there is probably no reason that you would get turned down for PCS to the West Coast together. I would hope that a Sgt. or a SNCO would be able to clearify this for you. I looked at it as troop welfare and advised many of my Marines in this subject of marriage and duty stations. I am not sure if the Marine Corps still has a AA form for submission. The AA form is administartive action form. You would have to furnish the details to the S-1, i.e., Duty station, RUC, etc...

Good luck
Semper Fi
Gunny out
:usmc:

RNelson
05-11-09, 05:46 AM
He is also a corporal, but has been in 2 years longer than me he is a 3112 TMO and I am a 3051 Ware House Clerk.

GySgtRet
05-11-09, 06:02 AM
eligible for PCS? If you are then I would submit the AA form and see what happens. You can't loose a thing if you submit before he goes to his PSC move.

KawiGunny
05-11-09, 07:37 AM
As the good Gunny mentioned, you can submit an AA form requesting orders. However, before you do that, make sure he has orders. Would suck if you submitted and recieved orders and his was denied. It would probably even be easier when submitting if you were already married. The Corps doesn't have to station you two within 50 miles of each other but they do their best to make it happen. I have only heard of one instance where the Corps wasn't able to make the "50 mile rule" work. That was in over 20 yrs so I wouldn't worry to much about it. Your MOS's can go just about anywhere.

SSgt Ramsey
05-11-09, 08:58 PM
It's difficult (not impossible) to coordinate PCS moves together, especially if you both have different jobs and occfields sometimes.

The biggest thing is TOS requirements for both of you. If he's using the DuStaPref as an incentive, the Monitor can adjust the execution date of the orders to match up with your Monitor's needs.

You have to realize something....Monitors can only move Marine's on a one-for-one basis, meaning a Marine has to be leaving or scheduled to leave a DuSta creating a vacancy for another to be moved into the line number.

As a Career Planner, I had to do it a few times and it's a pain in the butt to be honest, but doable....the AA form is the way to go in your case as it's a formal means of communication between you, your command, and CMC and you will receive a response regardless upon their decision.