PDA

View Full Version : I would like to know everything befor and after joining the marines.

Doomtrigger
05-10-09, 01:05 AM
Hello i want to know everything there is to know im getting ready to graduate and im getting excited. I been searching the internet for everything i can find but so far its info i already know. So if anyone can help me out that would be great.

JWDevilDog
05-10-09, 01:30 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

1) Be more specific about your profile. "Sometime in February" is unsat for a shipdate. If you were so excited, you would know your specific date.

2) It is "Marines," not "marines."

3) What is your specific question? We can't tell you every single little detail about everything related to the Marine Corps. You need to ask specific questions, after doing a search to see if they have already been answered.

After those three things have happened, you will get specific answers.

Doomtrigger
05-10-09, 01:57 AM
Sorry and for one i havent been on here for a while and that that was outdated info and that was in 2008 and first question is am i able to change to another Mos after 2 years or once you pick a mos you are stuck with it since i want to be skilled in several areas. and can you go to college on active duty.

JWDevilDog
05-10-09, 02:07 AM
You can do a lat-move to another MOS after two years in the Marine Corps. That means two years from the day you went to boot camp.

And yes, you can take college classes while on active duty, although you probably won't be a full-time student, and it depends on many things (command discretion, deployment schedule, location, etc.).

Your profile is still lacking. Are you a poolee? If so, you need to post your shipdate. Put as much info in there as possible. The info being asked for on the profiles is not incriminating in any way.

MLMonk
05-10-09, 02:48 AM
Hurry up and wait...There, that's everything.

m14ed
05-10-09, 03:30 AM
Sometimes one wonders about the statement ; "There's no such thing as a stupid question."

Marine84
05-10-09, 07:43 AM
Hmmpf...........................kids!

Rocky C
05-10-09, 07:49 AM
Hello i want to know everything there is to know im getting ready to graduate and im getting excited. I been searching the internet for everything i can find but so far its info i already know. So if anyone can help me out that would be great.

Search Box, Top right corner of this page!!!

GravityRain
05-10-09, 08:01 AM
Ill some it up for you son... life before and after the Marine Corps is predictable...but while in... theres things you'll never see coming, so be ready for anything, and nothing. Good Luck and Godspeed! Remember your training..... live the Corps Values... You,ll be a Good Marine. Stay True.

Phantom Blooper
05-10-09, 08:11 AM
"There's no such thing as a stupid question."

I beg to differ....there are stupid questions and then there are dumbazz questions.....:evilgrin:

SgtThrasher
05-10-09, 08:28 AM
[quote=RhodeIsland;487846]Search Box, Top right corner of this page!!![/quote
:thumbup:

JWDevilDog
05-11-09, 02:35 AM
Love your signature, SgtThrasher

New York
05-11-09, 11:20 AM
Ill some it up for you son... life before and after the Marine Corps is predictable...but while in... theres things you'll never see coming, so be ready for anything, and nothing. Good Luck and Godspeed! Remember your training..... live the Corps Values... You,ll be a Good Marine. Stay True.

Gunny, I may have to quote you for life on those very Few and Proud lines I have come to read in a long time..

That motivated me! Best I've read so far...

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
05-11-09, 12:09 PM
You already know enough to have reached this point in your life, the rest of your knowledge on how to deal with the real world will be forthcoming.