PDA

View Full Version : To those Marines who are shipping out

JWDevilDog
05-10-09, 12:35 AM
One of my Marine brothers is shipping out to Afghanistan in T minus 12 hours. This is his first combat deployment, and he is providing security for a humvee on a convoy. He is a good Marine, and it makes me sleep easier at night knowing that he is going to be on the front lines, protecting those he loves. I know he will do a good job and come home safe, and will bring his brothers home safe too. Marines, please remember him and all those who are leaving soon. Please pray for them.

To all those who are shipping out soon, good luck, and God speed! Remember your training, and remember that you have brothers next to you who will take care of you. I wish you all the best of luck, and I know you will not disappoint.

To all those who have returned recently (or who will be returning soon), thank you for the hell that you just went through. I have never experienced combat, so I can only imagine how it must have been. I have faith that you all performed admirably, and got some. Again, thank you, my brothers. If you ever find yourself on the "The Rock," look me up and I'll buy a round of beers.

To all those who served in previous wars. Thank you, thank you. I know some of you didn't receive a proper homecoming, and I only wish I were around during that time so I could have given it to you. God knows you deserve so much more than these words, but right now that is all I can give you, so I hope it helps for now. The same goes for you all, if I ever run into, expect me to buy you a round of beers. I sincerely thank you all for your admirable service to our Corps and Country, and to your brothers next to you.

Semper Fi, all.