PDA

View Full Version : 20090526 Mcrdsd

Browny35
05-09-09, 06:50 PM
Well.. I leave in about two weeks. Anyone else?

I've read all the sticky's but if anyone's got any advice feel free.. Thanks

EDIT: I'm aware I forgot to capitalize all of MCRDSD

NoPainNoGain17
05-09-09, 07:00 PM
I'll see you around then. I'm leaving that day too.

cyclic
05-10-09, 04:43 PM
Leaving that date as well. Enjoy the time you have left. Don't stress about being ready.

mbrazil
05-10-09, 05:52 PM
Me and another guy from my station are shipping that date too

Pooleelee
05-10-09, 07:50 PM
Yep, I'm leaving on that date.

jcope
05-10-09, 08:10 PM
I am leaving that day to, but I will be going to Parris Island

ColdBlooded
05-10-09, 08:25 PM
Leaving that date as well. Enjoy the time you have left. Don't stress about being ready.

Yes, do stress about being ready poolee. This guy hasn't even gone to bootcamp yet so he doesn't know what he's getting himself into. Boot Camp wasn't hard for me but for some it has been the biggest ***** on planet Earth, will it be for you? It's not impossible, and I have seen the biggest dirt bags in the world make it through. The day you do though, you will be filled with pride like you have never been before. Enjoy your family these last few days because their letters will be much more motivating than the letters you get from Sally who's ****ing Johnny while you're busting your ass. Trust me she will. All women are ****ing sluts (except the select few that haven't been pounded right as of yet.) Anyone here thinking about marriage? **** it I'm making a thread on this one.

USMC2009
05-10-09, 08:38 PM
I leave for San Diego tomorrow at 13:15

abailey
05-11-09, 12:12 AM
I ship as well, hope to see some of you.

usmcmsf
05-11-09, 12:27 AM
From the second you step foot on them yellow footprints, shut up, listen to every word, and do exactly what your told to do 100% to your max effort, do not ever slack off, you will want to,its easy to half ass it, other recruits will, but be a leader and set an example.

When you get IT'd, give it your all, I had many session cut short because I busted by butt. Also, don't be afraid to make a mistake at the beginning, try your best not too, but don't let the fear of messing up and gettin chewed result in lack of effort in your training, you will learn from your mistakes and will get better as time goes by, but make sure you learn from other recruits mistakes as well.

Last of all, don't take anything personal. Your DIs were once recruits too, they went through the same rough time, as well as thousands before you. They are their to train you and make you Marines. Take everything in as this will be your career for however long you make it. Set the example and get some.

mbrazil
05-11-09, 02:19 AM
From the second you step foot on them yellow footprints, shut up, listen to every word, and do exactly what your told to do 100% to your max effort, do not ever slack off, you will want to,its easy to half ass it, other recruits will, but be a leader and set an example.

When you get IT'd, give it your all, I had many session cut short because I busted by butt. Also, don't be afraid to make a mistake at the beginning, try your best not too, but don't let the fear of messing up and gettin chewed result in lack of effort in your training, you will learn from your mistakes and will get better as time goes by, but make sure you learn from other recruits mistakes as well.

Last of all, don't take anything personal. Your DIs were once recruits too, they went through the same rough time, as well as thousands before you. They are their to train you and make you Marines. Take everything in as this will be your career for however long you make it. Set the example and get some.

Great advice, that was motivating :thumbup: