PDA

View Full Version : Listen up, Poolees,,,,,,,

sparkie
05-08-09, 07:55 PM
I will only say this once. :iwo:

Today, after my 2nd beer, I cried and prayed over one poolee hittin boot on monday. {I get emotional when I drink,,,,So What??].
Anyway, I've been on this site 3 years now, I'm addicted. I knew brown diaper poolees who are now war vets, real Brothers, real Men. They have seen the real end of war, the red part. I still have a black wall hangin over my head, and it will be there for life. There are names in stone whom I've loved.
Anyway, regardless how much us Marines bust your azz, And we will,,,,,, We pray for you, we cry for you, we know your pain, We want you to be right with yourself,,,,,,,,, Choose for Mom, Apple Pie, Your Buddy, Country.

Just remember, When you choose, You are NEVER alone, Never. {I don't pray in vane}. SF.
:iwo:

Marine84
05-08-09, 08:17 PM
Sparkie - Dammit man! You weren't supposed to let the secret out. Now we have to hunt them all down and kill them! That's extra work dude and I'm too old and stiff to chase 'em!

sparkie
05-08-09, 08:23 PM
84,,,,,,,, If you're too old to chase em,,,,,,,, chase me,,,,,,,,LOL.
Seriously,,,,,,, they have a life and a future,,,, hope they serve as honorable as us, I'm even proud of the dropped,,,,,,,,,,SF, Sis.
All I want is for them to protect their Brothers, and raise Grandkids,,,,,,,,,,

Marine84
05-08-09, 08:25 PM
LOL! You older than me! Won't be a chase. LOL!

sparkie
05-08-09, 08:29 PM
It'LL be a short chase. But don't bust my thread, Sweetie,,,,,,,,,,,

Wyoming
05-08-09, 08:38 PM

Today, after my 2nd beer, I cried and prayed over one poolee hittin boot on monday. {I get emotional when I drink,,,,So What??].
Anyway, I've been on this site 3 years now, I'm addicted. I knew brown diaper poolees who are now war vets, real Brothers, real Men. They have seen the real end of war, the red part. I still have a black wall hangin over my head, and it will be there for life. There are names in stone whom I've loved.
Anyway, regardless how much us Marines bust your azz, And we will,,,,,, We pray for you, we cry for you, we know your pain, We want you to be right with yourself,,,,,,,,, Choose for Mom, Apple Pie, Your Buddy, Country.

Just remember, When you choose, You are NEVER alone, Never. {I don't pray in vane}. SF.

Amen My Brother, but like Kim said, now we got a whole new crop to break in the Marine way.

sparkie
05-08-09, 08:40 PM
Amen My Brother, but like Kim said, now we got a whole new crop to break in the Marine way.

Thats why we're here:flag:

JWG
05-09-09, 03:36 PM
I'm surprised no other Poolee replied in thanks yet. THANK YOU, Sergeant. We will keep your Marine Corps proud and fight and serve honorably for Mom, Brothers and Sisters, and good 'ole Apple Pie.

WELCOME HOME, MARINE. Thank YOU for serving, can't wait to call you brother.

sparkie
05-09-09, 06:11 PM
I'm not suprised,,,,, I tend to intimidate some younguns,LOL. I'm willing to let the thread die,,,,,Just wanted some of them to know what some of us feel.
Thank you for your response, Son,,,,,,I'll be waitin for ya.

Wes40138
05-09-09, 09:53 PM
Sgt,
I read this earlier in the day and I didn't want to reply because I really do not think I could muster up the words for a fitting response .But , I really hope I can be half the Marine/Brother that you and some of the other Marines and Corpsman on here are . You (and the others ) inspire me with your words and stories and for that I am forever grateful . Thanks for everything that you have done for us .And I second JWG in saying " I can't wait to call you Brother" .

sparkie
05-09-09, 10:19 PM
Wes,,,,,,,,, You will do fine,,,,,,,,,,,,You have My Word,,,,,,,,

ÓGlaisne
05-09-09, 10:28 PM
Thank you for posting this, Sergeant. I can only speak for myself, but this serves as strong motivation to know that, despite the Marines smacking us around a little bit, that there is some desire to see us succeed to your level.

Thank you, again.

PaidinBlood
05-09-09, 10:35 PM
Still waters run deep and I read you 5x5...Nobody cries about a slap on the wrist once they've faced the fire. I get where you're coming from and I'll land with both feet on any clown who doesn't.
Semper Fi.:usmc:

http://www3.eou.edu/hist06/images/thewall1.jpg

sparkie
05-09-09, 10:38 PM
Thank you for posting this, Sergeant. I can only speak for myself, but this serves as strong motivation to know that, despite the Marines smacking us around a little bit, that there is some desire to see us succeed to your level.

Thank you, again.

We only smack you down to build you up,,,,,,, or weed you out. Your choice will out. Congrats for passing our test.
I have opted to be only honest on this thread. :iwo:

Teak
05-09-09, 10:40 PM
Thank you for those touching words Sergeant. I know I will try my best to do you and all the Marines proud. I have only been on this site for a little while but, from these words and the other MOTO that I have read it really gives wannabe's hope. And I too can't wait to be apart of your beloved Corps.

sparkie
05-09-09, 10:43 PM
PaidinBlood,,,,,,,,This ain't the place,,,,,,,,, Why you make me cry again?? God,,That hurts,,,,, I must be drunk again. SF, Brother.

kpuente
05-09-09, 10:45 PM
Thank you for posting that Sergeant. That gives me hope and even more desire to join your beloved Marine Corps. Right now im just a wannabe, but im hoping by the end of summer ill be a Poolee. This site gives me motivation and post's like yours give me even more desire to workout and make it happen. Thanks again!

PaidinBlood
05-09-09, 10:48 PM
PaidinBlood,,,,,,,,This ain't the place,,,,,,,,, I must be drunk again. SF, Brother.

I hear you. I'll stomp some brain cells with you any day of the week. Fvck the experts, it is the best medicine-hands down. I'm well on my way again as well... SF

PaidinBlood
05-09-09, 10:52 PM
This lesson doesn't stop at the yellow footprints, all ye hopefuls. Maybe it will put all your "tough" experiences in perspective from here out. "why is this LCpl/Cpl/etc such a fvcking dic to me?" Maybe he's a turd, or maybe he's tired of filling bodybags... FYSA..

sparkie
05-09-09, 10:58 PM
Paidin,,,,,, They have their own fukn dog to kick,,,,,,, Time for us to hit the rack. See ya tomorrow, Bro,,,,,,,,,

PaidinBlood
05-09-09, 11:00 PM
Fair winds and following seas...SF

JWDevilDog
05-10-09, 12:01 AM
I have to go ahead and agree with the Sergeant. I remember my boot camp well. I remember how terrified I was, and much I wanted to succeed. I know what you poolees will soon be going through, as do all us Marines. Our hearts are with you, now and especially during what will probably be the three hardest months of your lives, until you see combat.

I'm still waiting for my chance at the latter.

To all my Marines who have been there, I thank you. Sincerely and from the bottom of my heart. Regardless of what war you served in, thank you and Semper Fidelis.

FutureRecon101
05-11-09, 08:23 AM
Thank you sgt for those words. Its marines like you that have always inspired me to give 110% with everything i do in life. I leave for boot in 7 days, and a swear to you sir that i wont forget this message. I truly cannot wait to call you a brother, and be a part of the greatest fighting force on the plant.

KawiGunny
05-11-09, 08:40 AM
Sparkie..... Just in case I never told you.... Welcome home my Brother. It's men and women like you that helped pave the way for those of us that followed in you foot steps. I have known a lot of Nam Vets through out my life and have always treated them with the utmost respect. The wars I have been in are a lot different than yours. Mine started in Panama and ended in Iraq. 5 different trips to places that I left a little piece of myself behind in. This is a great site and great fellowship.

Also.... I hope someone used gentle hands when picking up your heart from the table where you just layed it out. Semper Fi .

Rocky C
05-11-09, 09:29 AM
Great words my Brother!!!
Semper Fi Sparkie,

Rocky

Rains
05-11-09, 11:28 AM
Thank you for those words Sir.
I have always had a great deal of respect for your generation
I will do the best I can to carry on the tradition of the Marine Corps an not let you an others down.

Thank you for your service an welcome home Sir.

ttracker65
05-11-09, 01:48 PM
We Do NOT want you to try your best Poolee we expect your Best!!!!
Sparkie has it Right. Every time I report into the Battalion CP I see Young Marines that stand side by side with the Best the Corps has to Offer. And while I am on a Role Poolees. Stand Proud because You Do Represent Us the Old Broke down War Horses

Fubar5812
05-11-09, 03:33 PM
sparkie if it wasn't for you and your brothers and sisters we wouldn't have any footsteps to follow in.all we can do is try to keep up with those footsteps and do them the honor they deserve.Semper Fidelis.

sparkie
05-11-09, 09:19 PM
Sparkie..... Just in case I never told you.... Welcome home my Brother. It's men and women like you that helped pave the way for those of us that followed in you foot steps. I have known a lot of Nam Vets through out my life and have always treated them with the utmost respect. The wars I have been in are a lot different than yours. Mine started in Panama and ended in Iraq. 5 different trips to places that I left a little piece of myself behind in. This is a great site and great fellowship.

Also.... I hope someone used gentle hands when picking up your heart from the table where you just layed it out. Semper Fi .

You do me much honor,,,,,,,mostly undeserved,,,,,, I'm just a wishful old suck, remembering the day. It's their day now,,,,,, And I just wanna show a little respect.
I can say for all us tired Vets,,,,,, We pray for them, and wish the long life of an old salt,,,,,,,,,And when one of those future Vets come to face me off, I will give over my Kabar. :iwo:

Phantom Blooper
05-11-09, 09:45 PM
I will give over my Kabar. :iwo:

Let them pry it from from your cold dead hand!

Great post Sparky!:beer:

:evilgrin:

PaidinBlood
05-11-09, 09:47 PM
And when one of those future Vets come to face me off, I will give over my Kabar. :iwo:

which end first...? :D SF

sparkie
05-11-09, 10:09 PM
which end first...? :D SF

The Brother end,,,,,,,,,,

samfreed7
05-12-09, 06:02 PM

^^^^^
Thank you, this really touched my heart ( cheasy but true). It made me remeber a quote from my best friend Lcpl Ferry
"Dont let the world bring you down, dont everyone here is ****ed up and cruel. Remeber why you came and while your alive experience the warmth before you grow old"
He wrote me this while he was in boot camp and its been in the mirror in my room ever sense.
God speed.