PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion(s) for the site

JWDevilDog
05-08-09, 04:05 AM
First, I did a hasty search for another topic about this, but was unable to locate one. I also could not locate an existing forum specifically for this purpose. If I am wrong in either regard, I would appreciate it if a Marine could point me in the correct direction. Thanks.

Now, I have one or two minor suggestions for the site, that might add a little something to it.

When viewing a thread and reading the contents therein, it would be nice, over on the left side where it has number of posts and whatnot for the user, if there was also something that showed whether the Marine is still in service or retired. Yes, I know this can be accessed by going into the profile. But for some reason that I am unable to fully explain, everytime I am responding to a Marine, I like to know whether or not they are still in service, and I don't always have the time or motivation to go into their full profile. This doesn't mean I never go into their profiles, because I do frequently, just not in the middle of a response on a thread.

I guess the other suggestion I have at this time is making a separate thread, the purpose of which is simply for people to post suggestions. Maybe one for Marines, and a separate for poolees, or even a combination.

But overall I just want to say that I am extremely satisfied with the site, and I enjoy spending time here. Carry on, and Semper Fi.

rb1651
05-08-09, 09:47 AM
Don't take this wrong, but what's the difference if the Marine is active duty, or has moved on to the 1st CivDiv? I might not be "active duty", but I'm non-the-less a Marine.

JWDevilDog
05-10-09, 12:27 AM
I don't mean to imply that you are any less of the Marine than I am, Sgt. On the contrary. I only like to see it, so I have more of an image of whom I am talking with. For example, a proud Vietnam vet or a proud OIF vet.

It gives me a better idea of what the Marines I am talking with have been through. Sorry if I said it unclearly earlier, Sgt. I didn't mean anything by it.

rb1651
05-10-09, 10:22 AM
No offense taken. I was just looking for clarification. Semper Fi Marine, and thanks for your service. :usmc:

Wyoming
05-10-09, 04:54 PM
I don't mean to imply that you are any less of the Marine than I am, Sgt. On the contrary. I only like to see it, so I have more of an image of whom I am talking with. For example, a proud Vietnam vet or a proud OIF vet.

It gives me a better idea of what the Marines I am talking with have been through. Sorry if I said it unclearly earlier, Sgt. I didn't mean anything by it.

Without tying up the powers that be on this one, why not just check the signatures.

Most folks have a ribbon bar, etc.

JWDevilDog
05-11-09, 02:50 AM
Without tying up the powers that be on this one, why not just check the signatures.

Most folks have a ribbon bar, etc.

Not a bad idea, Cpl, but we only have to look so far as the above Sergeant. He has a very limited profile, which does not include his ribbons.

I didn't even have my ribbons in my sig until recently. I chose instead to put a favorite quote of mine in there.

JWDevilDog
05-11-09, 02:53 AM
No offense taken. I was just looking for clarification. Semper Fi Marine, and thanks for your service. :usmc:

Thank you, Sgt. And thank you for your serviced (I earnestly mean it).

Semper Fi.