PDA

View Full Version : Marine Recon Force?

bking0100
05-07-09, 02:41 PM
Hello Everyone

Im considering looking into the Marine Recon Force but am not sure if I qualify. My MOS as of right now is Data System. Im leave for basic on July 13th 2009. I scored a 108 on the GT portion of the asvab test but I dont have 20/20 vision. Can I get my eyes lasered? Is it hard to get into the Marine Recon Force? I have no criminal record. Im going into basic as a Private.

Thanks All

Brandon Babcock

NoRemorse
05-07-09, 02:43 PM
You have a profile... this is good.

You didn't read the stickies in the poolee forum, follow the rest of the rules or search the threads. There are threads all over the place regarding all of your questions, use the search feature.

incoming!

jcarter73
05-07-09, 02:48 PM
I don't know where to even start on this...

Are you speaking of Force Recon?

Basic is what you go to when you join the Army... in the Marine Corps it's Boot Camp.

Your GT score is good enough, requirement for Recon is 105.

Your vision does not have to be 20/20, just needs to be correctable to 20/20.

What ever you do, don't get laser eye surgery unless you want to delay your ship date.

You need to ask your recruiter if you can change your contract to 03xx with the UZ option. Going in with your Data System MOS you stand little chance of ever getting over to Recon.

There are numerous threads on this subject all ready... so use the search and you will find all the reading material you could ever hope for.

Best of Luck

bking0100
05-07-09, 02:56 PM
Boot Camp I mean...Not basic.

Rocky C
05-07-09, 03:00 PM
Follow this line right up to the search box and ASK ^
^
^
^
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Rocky C
05-07-09, 03:01 PM
I know, now your really confused cause you coudn't find it, right?

FutureRecon101
05-11-09, 09:00 AM
ok, so first of all try to switch your MOS to UZ, or something in the 03**, will help alot. your eye sight is fine. your GT score is fine, with Data systems it will be exteremlt hard to even get a chance to try for recon. and im not sure when you are leaving for boot but you need to work your a** off. for you to even get looked at for recon you need a 1st class PFT (225 or higher), and you need to do really well in your swim qual. And please, its Force Recon.

Old Marine
05-11-09, 09:23 AM
I suggest that you worry about completing Boot Camp first. There will be time for Roger Recon later.