PDA

View Full Version : Prior service question

chris1231
05-06-09, 09:33 PM
37 y/o that did 4 years in the Marines wanting to get back in and be part of the team, can my age be waived? Looking at the reserves.
thanks

chris1231
05-06-09, 10:02 PM
Oh yea code is RE 1

SGT-JOHN-ADDY
05-07-09, 07:20 AM
should be....i was on recruiting duty with a guy that came back in after 10 yrs of being out....he was 38 when he came back in.

GSEMarine94
05-07-09, 07:39 AM
I was told no, I tried coming back in as a reservest two years ago, I'm 36 now. May have been because I want to go to OCS. Best bet is to contact your prior service recruiter, and the reserve unit you want to go to.

jcarter73
05-07-09, 09:42 AM
Chris, You will NOT need an age waiver. I'm in the final stages of my PSEP package (as of yesterday it was with the Monitor, only one more desk to get past, and I'm back in).

I'm 35, been out for 11 years, and didn't need an age waiver. The age limit is 35 years old for entrance into the Marine Corps, but they deduct your years of service from your age for the PSEP package. So as far as my package goes I'm 31, as I have 4 good years active service.

So you being 37 and having 4 good years, you are 33 years old for your package.

You will need a waiver for being out longer than 3 years, but that is a simple one.

Get to your local recruiter and get the ball rolling. It takes a few months to get the package together and submitted, as you will need a MEPS physical, you'll need to run a PFT, and so on.

Please feel free to send me a PM with any questions relating to your PSEP re-enlistment as I am at the tail end of it, and can impart the knowledge I've gained over the past 4 months.

Best of luck