PDA

View Full Version : Former Poolee, but no title...read this poolees

JasonFMX
05-06-09, 01:43 PM
Don't do stupid stuff.

I can't repeat that enough... do NOT do anything stupid before boot camp. In my personal advice, once you've decided that you want the coveted "title", sign up, and get there and earn that title as soon as possible.

I have my story, and other people's stories to back that up. My personal story involves medical, but I've seen others involve law and many other things.

I had a freak motorcycle accident, I use the word "freak" because the particular thing that happened to me was pretty much unheard of, even for motorcycle standards. So After being in the DEP for 9 months, I was let go because I had extensive injuries. Now,...I pretty much lived in peace with that for years because I accepted what happened because I realized there was nothing I could do about it. That was 11 years ago or so. Now that I'm older (and hopefully wiser) I realize that with motorcycles no accident is a freak accident because accidents are part of the game. With jumping dirtbikes, its not IF you'll get hurt...its WHEN you get hurt.

So now after realising this I'm in agony. I'll never be able to earn the title now, and still being a young man I have the rest of my life to live with this. I have nightmares several times a week. Thats a pretty expensive price to pay for something so trivial and stupid.

boblasek
05-06-09, 02:27 PM
Now your getting me nervous! I have 3 months left and my only mode of transportation is my motorcycle. I must admit I sometimes drive like a crazy person, but most times I ride with the flow of traffic.

2044 1978
05-06-09, 02:31 PM
Jason, I know how you feel. I feel that way too, but for me it's been 31 years as of 22 June. There's not much you can do to rationalize in your mind ways to make it ok. The best you can do is find distractions in life until it pops back in your head and then.....what if. I have found pride in being an outspoken supporter of this brotherhood, of which I'm not a member. I will be so until I pass on.

JasonFMX
05-06-09, 02:52 PM
Bob, I wasn't trying to make anyone nervous...just cautious.

2044... yeah I know..sucks, doesn't it?

Like I said I lived with it pretty easily for a while, but then all of the sudden I had to go and get a self enlightenment and realized it was pure idiocy all along. Now I'm upset about this. Hopefully it will pass again.

Capital M
06-23-09, 11:12 AM
Jason, I feel for you man. I am sorry that you couldn't fulfill your dream of earning the title. Just think of it as "everything happens for a reason" Unfortunately, that's the worst thing to hear. I'm currently waiting for a waiver for a B.S. childhood asthma diagnosis that was completely false. My recruiter says it's 50/50 and if it comes in not favorable, I may punch the first person to say "everything happens for a reason" to me. But, sometimes you just gotta role with it. I hope you are fully recovered and excel at whatever you have planned for life.

JasonFMX
06-23-09, 10:30 PM
Yeah I know. I was told that alot. And I did do other things with my life. I went into the Freestyle Motocross business professionally for a while (hence the FMX in my name), met my wife....although, I met her well after my enlistment would have been up, providing I didn't reup. So, thats a toss up. And who knows what else. It just kinda sucks looking back on the road not traveled. Although it wasn't by choice like in most peoples cases, but still sucks just the same. Like I said, it didn't bother me a whole lot for years, probably becuase I had so much else going on I never really had the oppourtunity to think about it....but now it does....alot. So, like I said, hopefully it will pass again, because unless they change the rules I am completely PDQ'd several times over and its quite impossible for me to get in any branch of the service.

Achped
06-24-09, 11:28 PM
Don't sweat it man. If you want to be a Marine go pick up all the leaves outside someone elses house and have someone yell at you for wearing the wrong type of hat or digging in your pockets for something.

usmcmsf
06-24-09, 11:34 PM
I love you Achped. lol

JasonFMX
06-25-09, 01:00 AM
Don't sweat it man. If you want to be a Marine go pick up all the leaves outside someone elses house and have someone yell at you for wearing the wrong type of hat or digging in your pockets for something.

Yeah, I've read another post of yours in one of the other forums but I can't reply there.I apparently only have permission to post in certain places.

I can definitely understand where your coming from, I've heard of plenty of folks that were in the service that hated it, including the Marine Corps. However, I would have liked to of had a shot at least to see.

But I'm trying not to let it get to me real bad because, something could have also happened to me in the Marine Corps that was very bad and I'd be sitting on that side of the fence wishing it was the other way around lol. And I realize that. I suppose its just human to "know" something and to "feel" it.

Thanks for the responses folks.

JoeInVille
06-25-09, 02:11 AM
LOL oh man

JoeInVille
06-25-09, 02:13 AM

YUTTTTT

WarrFacee
07-07-09, 12:38 AM
Wow... im 18(19 in August) and i havent DEP in yet(was about to) but i know i cant live on without joining the Marines. I definitely want to join but im stressing alot with work, school, and other personal stuff right, but i hope before the middle of next year i have earned my title. I say hope because you cant really say 100%... like my mother always says "Si dios me da la lisencia" and i guess in English it would be "if God gives me the licensure" according to google translate. :)

JasonFMX
07-07-09, 01:48 AM
you cant really say 100%.

100% true my friend. We think just because we plan something that its GOING to happen. Planning is nothing more than that, ... planning.

Its always going to bother me that I didn't get to go...but, I'm trying to re convince myself that things can be OK without the Marine Corps. What is that they tell folks in rehab? Grant me the discipline to change those things I have the power to and the wisdom and serenity to accept the things I can not. It's something to the effect of that.

Basically, there's pretty much jack squat I can do about this. Believe me, I've tried most every angle. Unless some sort of rule changes, I will never be a Marine. Watch though...they'll change the rules or something then I'll end up being too old. lol

That would so be my luck.

Can't look at it like that though, maybe the good luck was never going at all. Something bad could have happened to me while in service. Like I said, the serenity to accept the things I can't change.

Enrique2010
07-15-09, 10:07 PM
I feel for you. I really do. My chances were almost shot. I failed the hearing test and was dubbed with high frequency hearing loss. I read about it all over the internet and waivers for hearing loss arent likely. Mine came back accepted though. There was a good month though where I hadnt heard anything. Not even a check up from the recruiter. I was certain it was declined. I was out of it. So depresssed and everything. Just knowing that I couldnt even TRY just ate me alive. The best part of my entire life, literally, was when I got the recruiter's phone call telling me the fantastic news. I dont even know a word to describe how I felt.

Regardless, I do feel for you, and for everyone else who's chances were screwed up before bootcamp. For all those with holes in their lungs as a kid, with asthma, and all those others whos dreams were crushed by another control beyond there power, this ones for you. My condolences for you all will be kept all throughout bootcamp. If I make it there. 20100322

Gerken
08-03-09, 02:28 AM
I feel that I'm getting somewhat paranoid now since I leave for boot camp in just over a month, and since I race quad mx. Like you were saying its not an IF but a WHEN will I crash, so I'm going to ease up on racing for this last month, because I dont want to be in a situation that I'll regret later in life.

JasonJ1234
08-24-09, 12:06 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that, im very nervous about my medical exam i feel good and know of no immediate problems but then again you never know, i want the chance to serve and earn the title and an unforeseen medical problem that was not my fault would really hurt. Here's to health.

~Jason

iljw
09-14-09, 12:02 AM
Man now I'm worried... I ship in 3 months and everyday i think my recruiter is going to call and say "Sorry man the Corps doesn't want you anymore." I cant help but worry... anyone have anything to say to help or should I suck it up and pray more.

USCFIGHTONUSC
09-14-09, 12:13 AM
Man now I'm worried... I ship in 3 months and everyday i think my recruiter is going to call and say "Sorry man the Corps doesn't want you anymore." I cant help but worry... anyone have anything to say to help or should I suck it up and pray more.

If you are enlisted and waiting to ship, why would your recruiter call you to tell you the USMC doesn't want you anymore?

Yojimbo
09-14-09, 03:36 AM
Wow... im 18(19 in August) and i havent DEP in yet(was about to) but i know i cant live on without joining the Marines. I definitely want to join but im stressing alot with work, school, and other personal stuff right, but i hope before the middle of next year i have earned my title. I say hope because you cant really say 100%... like my mother always says "Si dios me da la lisencia" and i guess in English it would be "if God gives me the licensure" according to google translate. :)
"God willing" is the phrase in English ;)