PDA

View Full Version : Want to salvage integrety

wanabusmc
05-05-09, 11:43 PM
New poolee here, less than a 2 months before I ship out.

Here's my predicament initally when asked about my drug use with my recruiter I disclosed that I had smoked marijuana a couple times.

He suggested that I didn't have to disclose that at MEPS because it was only very limited usage. Subsequently I choose to follow that advice.

Now, I feel the pride I should be feeling about being on the journey to becoming a Marine has been overshadowed my poor choice in judgment and breech of integrity.

I want to come clean, and salvage my integrity. This feeling of disappointment in myself has lingered every moment since. Should I just go straight to the recruiting command? Has anyone seen someone in this position able to get a wavier and continue. I would appreciate input from anyone that knows of someone in this situation or a Marine with some recruiting experience give this poolee some advice?

rvillac2
05-06-09, 12:24 AM
Our advice to you is to come clean and tell your recruiter to document it. Tell him you don't want to risk getting booted for fraudulent enlistment.

jbf101
05-06-09, 01:00 AM
If it's eating away at you just do it, it is easy enough to get a drug waiver.

wanabusmc
05-06-09, 01:41 AM
I know its easy to get a drug waiver, which I should have done in the first place. But, I don't think it is that simple once your DEPed and done contract.

MARINECID
05-06-09, 06:47 AM
Come clean. The waiver for MJ from 1-50 times is just a Recruiting station waiver. Not a big deal.

Rocky C
05-06-09, 06:57 AM
Come Clean and air out that dirty laundry. If it is bothering you now, it will forever. No big deal and you will feel great for being a Stand-Up kind of person.
Good Luck to you.

GravityRain
05-06-09, 06:59 AM
Recruit, they ask these questions for the good of corps, your brothers and for you. If you care about any of these, you come clean or it will probably be the beginning of a lifetime of deception in not just this area, but others. I am pretty sure you will get waived, but they will flag you and you will be screened often throughout your career.You have to ask yourself... am I the kind of potential marine i want to be serving with in a forward area, locked and loaded, with my life entrusted to? Man up! You will thank yourself later after your ass unclenches. Food for thought, I do not know your aspirations, but if you go force recon or some other high security field, you will face a very intrusive background check, and your past acquaintances, and may indeed face a polygraph test. This question of drug use will arise again recruit. Don't hang yourself.

NoRemorse
05-06-09, 07:05 AM
I know its easy to get a drug waiver, which I should have done in the first place. But, I don't think it is that simple once your DEPed and done contract.

Actually it is. It's an RSS or RS waiver, and if necessary you'll have an interview and write a short essay for the SNCOIC and perhaps have a talk with the SNCOIC at MEPS.

That and you'll feel much better about yourself.

KawiGunny
05-06-09, 07:51 AM
Tell your recruiter to document your past use and if he refuses, then go to the MEPS and tell them that you want it documented and that your recruiter has refused to do so. Sounds like the recuiter is being lazy. If the command comes down on him then thats his own freakin fault for not doing his job.

wanabusmc
05-06-09, 10:33 PM
Thank you for everybody's input. I am going to disclose it, it the right thing to do and i don't want this to haunt me the rest of my career. I only hope that I will still be allowed to go to boot camp and become a Marine.

SS109
05-12-09, 12:24 PM
You'll find out that when you graduate and make it to whatever you're duty station is, EVERYONE lied about something, even as small as MJ usage, it wont eat at you so much then. Trust me. But if it's something you cannot live without doing just do it i guess, though it's not like the CIA was atching you toke up, it's not suddenly going to pop up on your record.

KawiGunny
05-12-09, 12:53 PM
You'll find out that when you graduate and make it to whatever you're duty station is, EVERYONE lied about something, even as small as MJ usage, it wont eat at you so much then. Trust me. But if it's something you cannot live without doing just do it i guess, though it's not like the CIA was atching you toke up, it's not suddenly going to pop up on your record.

Sounds to me that you enlisted fraudulantly. If this is the case, you can keep your comments like this to yourself. Obviously you lack integrity. If I am wrong about your enlistment, then this doesn't apply to you.

Wyoming
05-12-09, 03:34 PM
Sounds to me that you enlisted fraudulantly. If this is the case, you can keep your comments like this to yourself. Obviously you lack integrity. If I am wrong about your enlistment, then this doesn't apply to you.

Right on Gunny!!

commdog7
05-12-09, 04:51 PM
Come clean! You do not want to enlist fraudulently, there are ways they can find out. You don't need a security clearance for you mos, do you?

commdog7
05-12-09, 04:59 PM

Sounds like a sh!t-bag to me. I didn't lie about anything when I joined, and it helped me get where I am today. Good Marines have integrity, apparently you don't even know what integrity is. You and your comments have dishonored the Corps, you should be ashamed to refer to yourself a Marine- you disgust me.

The rest of us know what honor is, and we are proud to defend it.

Always Faithful. :iwo:

jcarter73
05-12-09, 05:51 PM
I agree, you need to come clean, just understand that some MOS's like Recon do not allow for drug or morality waivers... Better to come clean and take an MOS you are qualified for than be in a position of guilt forever.

CH53MetalMan
05-12-09, 07:15 PM
Back in 1977 my recruiter informed me that the Corps does not accept recruits that have used illigeal drugs. And that no one would ever know whatever I might have done in the past since I did not have a police record and all I needed to do was answer no whenever questioned about drug use.

It worked for me. I consider it a 'grey area' and nothing more that embelishing my resume as needed. I enlisted at the age of 17. I didn't have time for more than experimental or recreational drug use, so I just told them what they wanted to hear.

SS109
05-12-09, 07:19 PM
Sounds like a sh!t-bag to me. I didn't lie about anything when I joined, and it helped me get where I am today. Good Marines have integrity, apparently you don't even know what integrity is. You and your comments have dishonored the Corps, you should be ashamed to refer to yourself a Marine- you disgust me.

The rest of us know what honor is, and we are proud to defend it.

Always Faithful. :iwo:

Thanks for bashing me when you all know nothing about me.. I have integrity, and i'm a good Marine. All i'm saying is that pretty much everyone i've talked to has lied about SOMETHING.. So maybe i've "dishonored the Corps" and all that trash by saying what i've said somehow.. If that's the case i'm sorry. But i'm pretty sure you don't know anything about me nor do you know if i'm a good Marine or not. I have nothing to prove to anyone on an internet forum, i'm a good Marine in my eyes and that's all the matters.

Later

commdog7
05-12-09, 07:55 PM
Thanks for bashing me when you all know nothing about me.. I have integrity, and i'm a good Marine. All i'm saying is that pretty much everyone i've talked to has lied about SOMETHING.. So maybe i've "dishonored the Corps" and all that trash by saying what i've said somehow.. If that's the case i'm sorry. But i'm pretty sure you don't know anything about me nor do you know if i'm a good Marine or not. I have nothing to prove to anyone on an internet forum, i'm a good Marine in my eyes and that's all the matters.

Later

Not all Marines lie about soemthing when they enlist- I didn't lie about anything! All the Marines I know admitted any drug/criminal activity, and got a waiver for it.

You come on here and tell a poolee to lie, to fraudulently enlist, yes- I think you are a sh!tbag. It's bad that you lied when you signed up, it's even worse that you do not feel guilty about it. Integrity? What is that? Honor? Yea right, like YOU have honor! Courage? You don't even have the courage to tell the truth. Committment? You aren't committed to this organization, you won't even adhere to the high standards expected of a United States Marine.

Your whole time in the Corps is based on a lie, and now you are trying to convince a poolee to live a lie just like you? That's pathetic. Maybe its a sad attempt to justify your short-comings, either way, it disgusts me.

It's Marines like you who put a stain on my honor. Way to go PFC, you really represent what the Corps is all about. I sure hope you are never in my unit, if I ever happen to be your Sgt, you can stand the fvck by!

sparkie
05-12-09, 08:33 PM
Lie about it,,,,,,,,, Then you know where you stand,,,,,,, Not with us,,,,,,,,,,

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 07:48 AM

Later

Talk trash to the poolies about not telling about past drug use and then say you are a good Marine. And we really don't need to know anything about you since you are showing the world what type of person you are. Oh, and just for your knowledge, you might want to avoid the "head shed" at all cost. Talked to your Recruiter and the SNCOIC of the station you entered at and they are well aware of you being a possible fraudulant enlistee and will contact your command so they can come on here and see what you are really all about. Who knows, maybe they won't go diggin in your past. Guess time will tell.

commdog7
05-13-09, 08:48 AM
Talk trash to the poolies about not telling about past drug use and then say you are a good Marine. And we really don't need to know anything about you since you are showing the world what type of person you are. Oh, and just for your knowledge, you might want to avoid the "head shed" at all cost. Talked to your Recruiter and the SNCOIC of the station you entered at and they are well aware of you being a possible fraudulant enlistee and will contact your command so they can come on here and see what you are really all about. Who knows, maybe they won't go diggin in your past. Guess time will tell.
:thumbup:

Time for this PFC to take responsibility for this actions, whether he wants to or not.

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 08:52 AM
:thumbup:

Time for this PFC to take responsibility for this actions, whether he wants to or not.

The SNCOIC (SSgt) I spoke to yesterday was concerned that his mouth will give their recruiting station a bad name on here. He sounded sincere enough to me.

commdog7
05-13-09, 08:58 AM
The SNCOIC (SSgt) I spoke to yesterday was concerned that his mouth will give their recruiting station a bad name on here. He sounded sincere enough to me.

I hope so. Marines care about their reputation, we really don't need this one PFC souring the image of the Corps.

I look forward to the day when wanabusmc updates this post and states that his drug waiver has been approved. Anything less is not acceptable. It is sad that a poolee has more integrity than this PFC- it's in the title of this thread.

Semper Fidelis :iwo:

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 09:05 AM
I hope so. Marines care about their reputation, we really don't need this one PFC souring the image of the Corps.

I look forward to the day when wanabusmc updates this post and states that his drug waiver has been approved. Anything less is not acceptable. It is sad that a poolee has more integrity than this PFC- it's in the title of this thread.

Semper Fidelis :iwo:

True..... at least this poolie is on the right track and has the right frame of mind.

SS109
05-13-09, 11:52 AM
I'm still trying to figure out where in my post did I imply that I fraudulently enlisted, and I'm still trying to figure out where I encouraged him to lie, I simply stated that his MJ usage is not going to pop up on his record. But thank you for trying to dig dirt up on me. I mean dang, I told the guy if it's eating at him go ahead and do it. Gotta go PT. Later.

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 12:04 PM
Lets start with you never did openly say you enlisted fraudulantly. Your words suggested that because of your experiance. And by your wording, that experiance is first hand.

Secondly, you encouraged him to just let it go and if he doesn't say anything then they won't find out. Maybe not exactly in those words but close enough for this post.

And finally...... killer if I wanted to dig up dirt on you, it would take a simple phone call or two. And not to any military personell either. That is one of the advantages I have by working where I do. The DOJ is also a family, in a sense, and helps each other out. So if I was to go try and get some dirt on you, your parents would be calling you asking WTF even before I had anything in writing. So no, I didn't try to dig up any dirt on you. The dirt is only in the words you posted here.

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 12:46 PM
You'll find out that when you graduate and make it to whatever you're duty station is, EVERYONE lied about something, even as small as MJ usage, (1) it wont eat at you so much then. Trust me. (2) But if it's something you cannot live without doing just do it i guess, though it's not like the CIA was atching you toke up, it's not suddenly going to pop up on your record.

1. Words of encouragement to not to worry about it when you are talking to a poolie.

2. Yes you did say tell them if it was bothering him. After you mentioned not to worry about it.

KawiGunny
05-13-09, 01:07 PM
SS109...... Now, do I need to go into the other thread dealing with drug use and point out that you showed a lack of judgement in your post there also?

commdog7
05-13-09, 01:43 PM
SS109 may not have directly stated that he fraudulently enlisted, but from his post, it is definately implied.

"EVERYONE lied about something, even as small as MJ usage, it wont eat at you so much then. Trust me."

The fact that it is eating at him already means that he still has a soul. His conscience is still influencing the way he thinks. I really hope you have not lost your conscience SS109; only bags-of-sh!t would tell someone to ignore their conscience.

You need to do some soul searching SS109. You need to find out if you have any morals left.... if not, then you need to get the fvck out of my Corps because this sh!t is not what the Marines are all about.

Wyoming
05-13-09, 02:54 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: