PDA

View Full Version : question about moving a POV?

benw2200
05-05-09, 02:05 PM
Ok, so here's my question.. I have an (almost) paid-for motorcycle waiting for me in Tennessee. I'm currently in 29 Palms CA completing my MOS school. I'm a reservist, and my reserve unit is going to Camp Pendleton to start their workup training, as we're getting deployed overseas this fall. Would Camp Pendleton be considered to be a duty station for me.. in other words, could I get my bike shipped there on the Corps' bill? Also, when I finish up MOS school, will I get orders home (to TN) first and hopefully use some leave, then join my unit in Pendleton.. or would I have to go straight there?

Thanks,

PFC Wiley

Pete0331
05-05-09, 05:25 PM
Ok, so here's my question.. I have an (almost) paid-for motorcycle waiting for me in Tennessee. I'm currently in 29 Palms CA completing my MOS school. I'm a reservist, and my reserve unit is going to Camp Pendleton to start their workup training, as we're getting deployed overseas this fall. Would Camp Pendleton be considered to be a duty station for me.. in other words, could I get my bike shipped there on the Corps' bill? Also, when I finish up MOS school, will I get orders home (to TN) first and hopefully use some leave, then join my unit in Pendleton.. or would I have to go straight there?

Thanks,

PFC Wiley

You have a very specific question.
It would be best if you asked your command.

benw2200
05-05-09, 10:33 PM
Will do Cpl.. I was just hoping someone here might have an idea before I went to my instructors.. they're all stressed about all the test failures we have :P

Pete0331
05-06-09, 01:15 AM
Will do Cpl.. I was just hoping someone here might have an idea before I went to my instructors.. they're all stressed about all the test failures we have :P

Well if you're a reservist you should contact your home unit first and allow the Chains to come together and find a solution.

If that doesn't work, then you need to bring it up to them personally.

benw2200
05-06-09, 09:18 PM
Well if you're a reservist you should contact your home unit first and allow the Chains to come together and find a solution.

If that doesn't work, then you need to bring it up to them personally.

Is there somewhere online where I can get some contact info with them? I know the unit is 3/24 Lima Co but I can't find anything else..

Pete0331
05-06-09, 11:35 PM
Is there somewhere online where I can get some contact info with them? I know the unit is 3/24 Lima Co but I can't find anything else..

Sorry, I don't have a current unit directory.

Your instructors probably will.
Go through them instead, but still keep your home unit updated.

TexasDvlDog
05-07-09, 05:38 PM

Do you know what city the unit is based out of? I didn't want to assume it was Johnson City.