PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Army leaders: Get your head out

thedrifter
07-11-03, 09:02 AM
U.S. Army leaders: Get your head out

The writer is a Marine Captain and a Light Armored Vehicle platoon commander with 4th Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, he has been in the gulf since February, crossed the LOD on day one of the ground war and has been in Iraq ever since. Good lesson on why the Army is getting people killed and the Marines are not. -- Hack

"On the Army Captain, I pulled over an Army Convoy of about 30 vehicles and told them to put their flak and helmets on and post some security. I then found some Captain and told him, very nicely, what the deal was with the ambushes and the threats, etc. I told him to square away his convoy. He then tells me that he cannot do that because they are technically not his troops. (I guess it was a mixed bag of units). I asked him if he was serious. He said yes and then I gave him a class about why [I] was still in Iraq b/c the Army was ****ed up and had no leadership starting with him. I then told him "to carry on" and that "I am done with you for now" He then left and got back in his HMMWV."

http://www.sftt.org/cgi-bin/csNews/csNews.cgi?database=Special%20Reports.db&command=viewone&op=t&id=7&rnd=329.39291271389834

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

thedrifter
07-11-03, 09:03 AM
Feedback from Iraq
Imagine this bastard getting away with such crap if we had a draftee army?

"I do know there are people living in areas with running water and A.C. That, of course, is not us... although my COL lives like that. I do believe he was shielded from the reality by his staff for a while. As we crammed 50 soldiers in to two medium frame tents near a pond of dead fish which was also infested with mosquitos and there was absolutely no field sanitation support for miles, he was living in his own room inside an air conditioned building, had his own king size bed, his own bathroom, his own refrigerator, and his cappuccino machine. It was two weeks before he came down to see where the soldiers were living and that was only after the S4 and CSM kept blowing me off... so, I had to get the Corps Surgeon involved for sanitation reasons.

I do believe the COL is entitled to a higher standard of living, however, the inequality was astounding and even more was the fact that he tried to hide it, by posting guards at the entrance to the hallway and didn't say more than two words to any of the soldiers until two weeks after our arrival in Baghdad. We just needed to hear that he understood our situation and was doing everything he could to improve it."

Sempers,

Roger
:marine: