PDA

View Full Version : Marines Return Home for the Weekend

thedrifter
05-04-09, 05:48 AM
Reporter: Aaron Kunz
Marines Return Home for the Weekend

Posted: May 3, 2009 10:24 PM

Two brothers who decided to serve their country in the U.S. Marines came home today - to a warm welcome from family and friends.

Also there - a handful of veteran's who know first hand the sacrifice these soldiers are making for their country. We were there to capture the moment and tonight our story comes from the mother...in her own words.

(Yeah....)

Susan Bond/Mother: "Actually, I'm very excited to see them come home, I'm very proud of them. I know it's a very difficult thing to go away and leave your family, and friends, and everything you've ever known. To serve your country, and to be in a foreign place, and to go through all those deprevations and hardships that they've had to go through."

(Welcome home Marine - Welcome Home Marine.)

"I had to actually talk to myself because I always counted myself as a very patriotic American...and then my boys were going to war. When it comes home to roost, when you realize that it's going to be your flesh and blood, your son's out there...then all of the sudden I didn't want them to go. I didn't want them to be American, I didn't want to be patriotic. And so I actually had to talk to myself and tell myself....why if you are supporting other people's sons....why not your own?"

(These are my boys)

"Today is just one of those moments that a mother, and a dad, and all the brothers and sisters wait for. This is just an exciting moment when we can say our son was spared."

The two marines - Glenn and Kevin are only on leave for three days before they return to duty.

Ellie