PDA

View Full Version : Question about MOS

GavinL91
05-03-09, 05:58 PM
Do any of you guys know what pmos you need to have in order to sign up for Security Forces or do you just sign up for it.I heard you have to have a pmos of 03xx to sign up.

Or can i sign up for it if my mos is a helicopter crew chief?:confused:

ÓGlaisne
05-03-09, 06:15 PM
Google is your friend.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm

GavinL91
05-03-09, 06:32 PM
yeah that didnt really tell me anything that i didnt already know.So the next time you want to be a smart ass,reread the post you ****!

BigGunz90
05-03-09, 07:08 PM
yeah that didnt really tell me anything that i didnt already know.So the next time you want to be a smart ass,reread the post you ****!

I can't wait to see the respect you get in the Corps [if you make it].

MLMonk
05-03-09, 07:21 PM

I really don't think that was necessary.. He was trying to help you, and you replied back to him in a arrogant tone. Let's see how far you make it with responses like that in the Corps. I would give you 1month of bootcamp..

Now, to actually answer your question, you must be a 0300 to go SF, since SF is a secondary MOS.

GavinL91
05-03-09, 08:12 PM
well we will see how long i last in the boot.judging that i have the dedication to lose all this weight to get there.yeah im going to blow it by talking like that to a DI,please.No disrespect to the guy but if he typed it in on google,chances are i typed it in on google.So my bad if you guys and the poolee got ****ed.That one guy didnt even give a response about my question,what was your whole point in posting BigGunz90,i shouldve save my "arrogant" respond for you.

Thnx to the Marine though.Atleast he helped a little.

AndyBowman
05-03-09, 08:35 PM
Atleast he helped a little.

He gave you exactly what you asked...how is that helping just a little? Clearly you won't last long with your attitude..if you do last you'll be just another $hitbag.

GavinL91
05-03-09, 08:51 PM
and it begins,im getting flamed now for posting a ****ed of reply.If you guys got your feelings hurt,MY BAD.Im thinking about being a Marine and going into SF.If i have to be a 03xx for that job,then i will have to be a **** bag to get by.

AndyBowman
05-03-09, 09:03 PM
Your a $hitbag because you have an attitude...No one said you were because you wanted a certain MOS.

GavinL91
05-03-09, 09:13 PM
i dont have an attitude,check all the threads i did before this one.I got ****ed because ive been looking for this info and havent gotten any answers about it.

Gunner614
05-03-09, 09:17 PM
and it begins,im getting flamed now for posting a ****ed of reply.If you guys got your feelings hurt,MY BAD.Im thinking about being a Marine and going into SF.If i have to be a 03xx for that job,then i will have to be a **** bag to get by.

The only thing you are doing is digging yourself a deeper hole, just admit your af fault.

RunBikeSwimCRS
05-03-09, 09:27 PM
Security Forces Duty is a Special Duty Assignment, You Dont have to be an 03XX to due the Duty, But I'm sure it would help when you get there.

A little advice learn how to say "Good to go" and move on, Dont ever talk back or have an attitude.

chadhertz
05-03-09, 09:31 PM
i dont have an attitude,check all the threads i did before this one.I got ****ed because ive been looking for this info and havent gotten any answers about it.

The Marines on this site don't HAVE to give you answers. It's not their job. Some of them are nice enough to help us wannabees and poolees. With your attitude I doubt you'll get any answers.

MLMonk
05-03-09, 09:42 PM
Security Forces Duty is a Special Duty Assignment, You Dont have to be an 03XX to due the Duty, But I'm sure it would help when you get there.

A little advice learn how to say "Good to go" and move on, Dont ever talk back or have an attitude.

It is, Sgt? Thought it was infantry only, since 2 of my friends who signed up as SF both had to go through ITB.

Rains
05-03-09, 10:28 PM
Like everyone else said... get your attitude in check and move on.
:mad:

DIBLO7
05-03-09, 10:41 PM
It is, Sgt? Thought it was infantry only, since 2 of my friends who signed up as SF both had to go through ITB.

You have to be an 03 to get it right out of boot camp. However, you can be any MOS and put in a request to go security forces later in your career.

ÓGlaisne
05-04-09, 12:15 AM
well we will see how long i last in the boot.judging that i have the dedication to lose all this weight to get there.yeah im going to blow it by talking like that to a DI,please.No disrespect to the guy but if he typed it in on google,chances are i typed it in on google.So my bad if you guys and the poolee got ****ed.That one guy didnt even give a response about my question,what was your whole point in posting BigGunz90,i shouldve save my "arrogant" respond for you.

Rule Eight when you post make sure that it looks like you are submitting it to your english teacher for their determination whether you pass or fail!

:idea:

JWDevilDog
05-04-09, 02:48 AM

Ok, listen here POOLEE, you don't rate to have an attitude with any Marine on this site. As the other poolee said, we are doing you a favor by even answering. You think we get paid for this sh*t? H*ll no. We do this on our freetime to try to help poolees and wannabees get into OUR beloved Corps. Mind you, it isn't YOUR Corps. You don't rate to talk to my fellow Lance Corporals like that.

You have sincerely pi*sed me off with your attitude. And I swear to Christ, if you say you don't have an attitude one more time... Let me hear you talk like that to a LCpl. in the Fleet (if you make it...). If you were one of MY junior Marines (heaven forbid) I would rip you a new a*shole if you had lip like that around me.

A LCpl. is a rank senior to Privates and PFCs, so they deserve the proper respect, and you WILL give it to them or you will answer to NCOs. Let me put something else into perspective for you here. ANY Marine is "senior" (in the Corps) to poolees, so you will not give us attitude. If a Marine (even a Private) on this site says you have an attitude, then guess what, you have an attitude.

One of the rules on this site is show respect, even for your fellow poolees. H*ll, in your case I actually cringe when I call you a poolee. Right now, in my eyes, you are merely a civilian. You have no place in my Corps.

TJR1070
05-04-09, 08:00 AM
Well said L/Cpl, and let me add my two cents...You poolee's are getting too comfortable on this site. I don't know who you think you are dealing with but you are talking to the finest warriors this world has ever seen. You want to see attitude **** us off some more and that's all your going to be getting in return. Most of us went to boot camp with no help at all and only the stories we heard from returning poolee's or our recruiters. Consider yourselves lucky that we even speak to you.

By the way GavinL maybe the L/Cpl's you are arguing with on this site might be someone you will have contact with IF you get through boot camp and are allowed into my beloved Corps. You're attitude make me want to puke, maybe I should call your recruiter and lock him on to your lack of respect fro Marines. Men who have earned the title not some ******* wannabe.

0231Marine
05-04-09, 08:40 AM
That sounds like a good place to end this...just my opinion though!

RunBikeSwimCRS
05-04-09, 09:10 AM
I have Marines in the Air Wing going to Security Forces right now.

GavinL91
05-04-09, 07:52 PM
I want to take this time to apologize to the Marines,Poolees and anybody else i offended or talked **** to.I was mad when i couldnt find my answer frm anyone and got mad at the first person to post.I reread the thread and i got p issed off by the things i said.I was being an ass,and i again apologize and wouldnt want to jeapordize my dream of becoming a Marine.

I hope you guys can accept my apology

GavinL91
05-04-09, 07:53 PM
and if you guys dont mind can i be SF if i have a Helicopter Crew Cheif MOS?

JWDevilDog
05-04-09, 09:46 PM

I have Marines in the Air Wing going to Security Forces right now.

That should answer your question.

Gunner614
05-04-09, 11:00 PM

I've been wanting Security Forces for a while too so I looked up some info. Its a 5 year enlistment, with 3 years of you guarding nukes and whatnot, and 2 years as a grunt. Yes, this meanst when you go to SOI, you will be with the ITB. After that you will go to the MSG schools.

No matter what MOS you have, you can eventually do a lat move to another MOS, but that is usually after the first enlistment. Hope that answers some of your questions.:iwo:

TJR1070
05-05-09, 07:41 AM
GavinL recognizing your mistakes, owning up to them and apologizing for them is a sign of maturity. Keep up the proper attitude and add a little patience.

I don't know if they still do the same thing or not but my cousin graduated first in his SOI class and they let him choose MSG and his duty station. He had a Gunny who had suggested MSG and to pick Subic Bay, P.I.. Lucky SOB!

JWDevilDog
05-06-09, 02:11 AM
He had a Gunny who had suggested MSG and to pick Subic Bay, P.I.. Lucky SOB!

Wow.... I'm extremely jealous. Ugh, stories like that make me want to do MSG... Still thinking about it, but there's so little time for everything I wanna do in the Corps!

GavinL91
05-07-09, 04:59 PM
Thnx for the help,and whats MSG?

MLMonk
05-07-09, 10:04 PM
Marine Security Guard, it's a B Billet MOS, think it is Lance Corporal or above and 2 years in the Marine Corps. You guard embassy's, that is all I know about it, but it's the basic idea. There is a strict requirement to get in, i.e. no tattoo's, high PFT (I think), and other things like that, since you have to look your best at all times since you will be representing the Marine Corps in that country you are in.

GavinL91
05-08-09, 08:04 PM
man,you cant have a tat,whoa.Cant you do one of the other MSG jobs with tats.Also can anyone else tell what jobs can i do in the civilian world with Helicopter crew cheif cus i know i can be swat with SF.

MLMonk
05-08-09, 10:56 PM
According to my dad, who works with the FAA, he said that mostly every aviation job is in need of experienced people to fill their job openings. I couldn't tell you what a Helo Crew Chief exactly does, but I think they do something like what a navigator would do on an airplane.

GavinL91
05-09-09, 10:08 AM
cool,thnx

GavinL91
05-09-09, 01:04 PM
So i can go in as a 61xx mos and then go for SF,or i can just get a UV contract and do SF?