PDA

View Full Version : Marine Security Guard

PhotoDog
05-02-09, 04:34 PM
well I am about to head up to the school in about 3 weeks. Pretty excited about it, but I was wondering if any one recently got out of the school?

Also if there are any previous MSG Marines on here if you got any awesome stories or just want to tell about a post you were at I am all ears.

I also know the level of secrecy that comes with this billet so please understand im not here to pry anything out of any one or get any un-authorized info.

S/F,
PhotoDog

UsmcMotorT
05-03-09, 10:56 AM
COMMDOG is on MSG duty now.

Gunner 0313
05-03-09, 11:43 AM
:flag:Fill out your profile slick.

Achped
05-03-09, 12:42 PM
I was thinking about going MSG. I meet all the criteria but when they told me I'd have to spend more time in the Corps I told them to eat a dick. Good luck though!

PhotoDog
05-03-09, 12:58 PM
Thanks Sgt I will be sure to try and look him up!

Also all clear on the profile CPl.

A lot of Marines Come up to me and tell me "yeah i thought about MSG" but there are always different stories of why they didnt.

I almost didnt do it CPl But i got shafted with a 5 year contract so I just had to extend 6 months soo no harm done

commdog7
05-03-09, 01:09 PM
I'm an MSGer (as stated above). I've been to Senegal and now Cuba and I am looking forward to moving on to my 3rd post. If you have good Marines in your detachment, you will have a good time. Word of advice, never put Cuba on your wish list, this iis the worst post on the program... I wish I were back in Africa.

The school is tough and the job is even tougher, that about sums it up. In school, you must learn to prioritize or you will fail. Too much work; too little time. Do not be an integrity violator! Do not do anything which would put your integrity in question. Just before graduation, you will be put up on a board and your fellow detachment members will grade you personally. Do not be a buddy-fvcker. You can be dropped if the instructors do not like your personality. I knew a Marine who almost got dropped because he was viewed as too authoritarian. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

PhotoDog
05-03-09, 01:20 PM
wow thats insane. I feel ready for the school Sgt.I started prepping my uniforms now ad folding my shirts / working out and running like a mother F.

Could you give me a rough guess of a time like of a normal day at the school house?

PhotoDog
05-03-09, 01:22 PM
o also would Ireland be considered a middle place. Like i know its no hardship but does the rebel attacks make it one of the posts that is a little more dangerous?

commdog7
05-03-09, 01:53 PM
Ireland is not a hardship post. Almost every country has terrorists/rebels.

Do not expect to have weekends off in school, you get from 1300 Sat to 1300 Sun for free time. In school, you will start class normally around 0630. Sometimes you get a lunch break, sometimes you do not- all depends on how busy the day is. When you get the chance, stock up on quick/easy chow items from the 7 day store/commissary to last throughout the week, because you may not have time to go to the chow hall during the week. You sit through a bunch of classes and PT. Around 1700 the classes end for the day, but at 1830 after-hours training starts and lasts for approximately two hours. You might not get 1700-1830 off, it all depends on how busy the day is. For after-hours, you get with your detachment and work on school stuff. Normally you have the rest of the day off once after-hours training ends. You may have to stand post throughout the night, normally 2 hour shifts. You will have very little time to study, but when you do have a little time off, do not go out drinking or doing something stupid- use your time wisely and study. That's the typical day-to-day life in school. Detcmdr's have it worse than the students, remember that.

HurricaneRJ
05-04-09, 04:44 AM
I have a question regarding MSG. <br />
<br />
Just the other day, they were asking us junior guys who would be interested in MSG. Of course motivated me said yes. But my Gunny shot me down because I &quot;had&quot; a...

SSgt Ramsey
05-04-09, 06:55 AM
Hurricane, I'm assuming you are a first-term Marine??

If so, you can actually use MSG as a reenlistment incentive for reenlisting. Having only 11 months left on current contract, you would have to extend for quite a while to honor the obligation.

MSG is a great program, just not a lot of Marine's do it for one reason or another, I think there's a lot of "rumor control" out there regarding it. I met a few Marine's who went out on MSG as watch-standers as Cpl's and Sgt's only to go back out as SNCO's to be a det-commander as their Special Duty assignment.

I don't think your previous investigation would preclude you from assignment if it was officially dropped. If you do submit a package, maybe a letter from your CO included with the request could clear that up, but if there is no record of Page 11 or other documentation involved, you may not have to worry about it.

commdog7
05-04-09, 12:54 PM
You have to be able to get a TS clearance. You cannot be an MSG without the clearance. You can talk to an MSG recruiter for more info on whether or not you will be disqualified, your CRS should be able to get you in contact with one.

HurricaneRJ
05-04-09, 01:10 PM
I don't think your previous investigation would preclude you from assignment if it was officially dropped. If you do submit a package, maybe a letter from your CO included with the request could clear that up, but if there is no record of Page 11 or other documentation involved, you may not have to worry about it.
Phew.. I haven't received any type of punishment from my command regarding the investigation. The other three involved where kicked out already, so I'm pretty sure now that's it over. Once I get back from this deployment I'll start it up.