PDA

View Full Version : Weird story?

Dale0817
04-30-09, 12:40 AM
So I was at my recruiters office today, and while I was there the Gunnery Sergent called and said my job came through.. Apparently I got a recon contract and 10,000 dollar bonus. Well, needless to say I was shocked because I had just asked for a basic infantry contract? Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening? I dont know what to think

egbutler1
04-30-09, 12:45 AM
Well if its in writing when you sign thats cool. Just getting a contract to recon means nothing. It will just allow you to be tested. But pretty much everyone in the 03 at SOI gets tested. But i'm sure if you do sign and don't get into recon i think you might not get any bonus. I have heard of some stuff like that but i would check the black and white on the paper and talk to your recruiter some more bout it.

Dale0817
04-30-09, 12:59 AM
Well thats what the Gunny faxed over, but I will talk to him more in detail a little later. I just wasn't sure what to think about it. And I don't really care all to much about getting a bonus. Earning the title should be more then enough of a bonus

rickyracer
04-30-09, 01:53 AM
Damm, take the cash if you can get it...

KawiGunny
04-30-09, 08:29 AM
Well thats what the Gunny faxed over, but I will talk to him more in detail a little later. I just wasn't sure what to think about it. And I don't really care all to much about getting a bonus. Earning the title should be more then enough of a bonus

Those are words well spoken. The bonus is not a given till you pass your school. Fail out of school...... no money. They won't even give you the first installment till you graduate from Basic Recon Course.

meallen07
05-02-09, 12:50 AM
That's something to be proad of, good job. Recon is the most intense thing I have ever read about. "One Bullet Away" is a small biography of Capt. Fick USMC (Ret.)'s time in the Marines. He was a Recon Marine and a good portion of the book is about his experiance with the training. It's related to what you have the oppertunity to do, but regardless it's an enjoyable read.

Dale0817
05-02-09, 05:58 AM
Well, I didnt ask for Recon, but hey if they're giving me a shot, why not work my ass off a little harder? More incentive to do more PT. :p