PDA

View Full Version : Amphibious assault crew

AlanJames
04-29-09, 04:52 PM
I think this is what i want to join into, becoming apart of the Amphibious assault crew would be very very cool. The idea of cruising at high speed off of a road, onto a beach, then without a second thought launching into the ocean surf and out into the open seas, all the while being able to shoot some turret weapons and have a load full of fellow MARINES. :marine:

They are beginning to implement the new vehicle, which seems to be a long time coming- there will be over 500 EFV's in the Marine Corps by 2015.

I'd say this is my number one choice, have yet to get additional info from my recruiter on this MOS, only seen whats available on about .com, so if you know anything then Ears Open. :tank:

thewookie
04-29-09, 05:09 PM
I think this is what i want to join into, becoming apart of the Amphibious assault crew would be very very cool.

Sounds great.

I remember the first and only time I was in the back of one. On ship in a AAV off the coast of the Philippines, getting ready to assault green beach. :banana: Marines packed in back like sardine's in a can, and it plunges into the ocean and it just drops,,,,,and then it bobs up to the surface, ,, nasty place to be - smoke, sea-water, scweatty azz, scweatty ballz, and ralph. Lot's of ralph.:D

What is the moral of this story: Go to Philippine's while driving AAV.

AlanJames
04-29-09, 05:18 PM
Whats ralph?

When were you in the phillipines?

boblasek
04-29-09, 06:06 PM
^^ throw up, barf, YAK, vomit^^

thewookie
04-29-09, 06:16 PM
Whats ralph?

PUKE

1991 - Where were you in 91? In diapers, maybe?:yes:

kabar1984
04-29-09, 06:26 PM
I was an 1833 years ago. Amtracs were great. If you’re one of the ones hitching a ride down below it can be rough. As long as you have a hatch to hang out of your good to go. YAT YAS<O:p</O:p

AlanJames
04-29-09, 06:49 PM
Yeah, i dont really know anything about the vehicle, other than the fact that its got the ability to go from globe to the anchor, so to speak.

1991- 3 years old- potty trained!

thewookie
04-29-09, 07:10 PM
Yeah, i dont really know anything about the vehicle, other than the fact that its got the ability to go from globe to the anchor, so to speak.

1991- 3 years old- potty trained!

Well, since you were 3 - when you were sucking your thumb and watching cartoons, mamasan,,, told some girl to perform sex acts on me for an orange. I was hesitant at first, but reluctantly I allowed her to do so.

That was after we got off the AAV's,,, we rolled up on green beach and the rest is history....... :sick:

echo3oscar1833
04-29-09, 10:39 PM
I was an 1833 years ago. Amtracs were great. If you’re one of the ones hitching a ride down below it can be rough. As long as you have a hatch to hang out of your good to go. YAT YAS<o>:p</o>:p

Certified Tracker here myself brother. Yeah if your in the Gun Turret or in the Drivers Seat Life is good :D. To respond to AlanJames if you like long hours, working on ****, busting rust, hittin the surf, breathing fumes, doing surf qual, fixing shi$ and fuc$ing shi$ up with the 50 and 40 mike mike then ya you picked a damned good MOS. 1833 all the way, YAT-YAS

FOBU
04-30-09, 12:23 AM
You cant go wrong being an amtracker..if you take an engine panel off and wrap a blanket around it,,it makes a nice card table..and those 5 gal. cans for water,well you just wont believe how many beer cans they hold..
NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,OPEN OR EAT APRICOTS ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR AMTRAC..
DID I SAY NEVER,,I MEANT NEVER EVER...NOR ALLOW ANYONE ELSE,,EVER..
WAS A TRACKER BACK IN THE 70S,,LOVED IT YAT-YAS

TJR1070
04-30-09, 09:33 AM
1991 Olongapo for New Year's and then again in June '91 just before Mt. Pinatubo errupted. I love the P.I.!!!!!!!!! Smile party anyone?

thewookie
04-30-09, 09:46 AM
1991 Olongapo for New Year's and then again in June '91 just before Mt. Pinatubo errupted. I love the P.I.!!!!!!!!! Smile party anyone?

Interesting, I got to PI in December of 91, right after Pinatubo blew. Man that was something.

I smiled, I'll admit. BFD - What did the round cost like 20 pecos.

Ahh the PI.....:banana:

Quinbo
04-30-09, 09:54 AM
After all the cool stuff I got to do the only time I can think of that I got to talk to ralph was on an am-trac. Jump off the tail of a ship and bob around like a cork then turn on the burners and head to shore. Waves tossing that sardine can around and diesel fumes rolling in. I made it all the way to shore before I tossed my lunch. Get out get out and form a perimeter ... you run out and aint done puking yet.

awbrown1462
04-30-09, 10:31 AM
I was an 1833 years ago. Amtracs were great. If you’re one of the ones hitching a ride down below it can be rough. As long as you have a hatch to hang out of your good to go. YAT YAS<O:p</O:p
was at Del Mar in the 70s saw what happens when a dumb sh*t leaves the back hatch open and goes into the water talk about clean in side and out also saw a lot of gamma goats go under too

ttracker65
04-30-09, 11:15 AM
Speaking of Tracks... we will be having the Plank Owners Plaque Hanging at the Battalion CP on June 25th and the Battalion Change of Command on the 26th at 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion, 21 Area Del Mar, Camp Pendleton. If any of you Poolees would like to Participate you need to be 18 years of age and will need to contact me for Legal and seating purposes.
June 25th
The Plaque Hanging will be from 0900 to1000
AAV Static/Demo/Jetty Ride will be from 1000-1130
Chapter BBQ at the Beach or LVT Museum 1130-1300
June 26th
Change of Command 1400-1530
I am extending this invitation to Any Marine who has served with 3rd Assault Amphibian Battalion and to Poolees who are serious about Joining the Battalion.
Cpl Bruce Boatwright
Membership Officer
3rd AssltAmphibBn Chapter
FMDA
tracker.80@hotmail.com (920)205-8617

ttracker65
04-30-09, 11:31 AM
Whats ralph?

'80,'81'82 Loved Mindoro and Camp Tamez