PDA

View Full Version : Kilgore 20090606 PI

jacobkilgore
04-29-09, 10:54 AM
Hello and Good Afternoon

Jacob Here

I'm leaving June 6th for Parris island, I'm both nervous and stressed about it.

Questions I have

1. If you are able to just pass the IST, Is it possible to get through Recruit Training? I know it's going to be hard for me, but is it possible? (Reason is because I have 13:30 for the Run, I can do more then 10 Pull ups.. i can only do 26 Crunches)

2. I won't ask any tips of training because I already have a lot of tips from previous threads. But I'm curious how other poolees or Marines Run Until They Puke.. When i try to do that; I just get tired and stop.. Is that the mind thinking that i'm tired or am i actually tired?

3. I have read many post's and join'd other forums and actually look'd at pictures of Parris Island.. It dawn'd on me, to ask Will they teach us how to do something before actually telling us? (They will teach us to crawl, and then walk, and then jog, and then Run)..

4. I have a abnormal sized head (Meaning I can't wear regular sized hats [whether it be Motorcycle, Bicycle, or Baseball/Football] Will they have hats for me? or what?

5. I may be the first (For a while) to be on the island with/out a Drivers License. Is this a good or bad thing? (I will have a ID though)

6. I'm not ready, no one is ready for USMC Recruit Training. I know I need to work on a lot of things but yet Sometimes My Motivation Comes and Goes.. Is this normal?

My Profile is Fill'd out Correctly (I Think)

Jacob Kilgore
USMCRD PI - 20090606

jcarter73
04-29-09, 11:40 AM
Kilgore,

1. You need to be working on those crunches everyday... no pain no gain...

2. Getting tired and stopping is QUITTING... Never Quit... your mind is beating your
body, you need to have your body beat your mind.

3. You will always be instructed on how to perform before being told to do it. The
trick is to pay attention...

4. I don't know what to say to this one. They will square you away, don't worry
about it.

5. You are not the first to arrive at Recruit Training without a license. There have
been many before you and there will be many after you. You won't be driving
down there, so put this one out of your mind.

6. Your motivation needs to be in full swing all the time... This one bothers me...
quitting your running because you are tired, and your performance or lack thereof
with respect to crunches are a direct reflection of your lack of motivation. Stop
what you are doing... give me 100 crunches and get out there and run 'till you
f-ing puke!! Earning our Title might be your want... PROVE THAT YOU WANT IT. !!

7. Best of luck at Parris Island...