PDA

View Full Version : ship date

KSoto
04-28-09, 04:50 PM
Hello all, I am scheduled to go to bootcamp 20090608, which is 3 days after I graduate. I told my recruiter since the beginning I wanted to leave in July, but he sent me to MEPS early june anyways, and never told me I would have to leave in June because of the 365 days rule. Now I asked him about 9 months ago if I could leave in July, way before all the spots were filled, and he said he would find out. It wasnt until about January that he took me seriously and found out that I could not leave, because by that time all the spots were full. It also looks like there is a lot of trouble just to get me the job that I asked for because they waited so long(Although in his defense, I originally asked for Military Police and they got it for me, but I decided I would like something different a long time ago).
My main issue is the ship date, I would love to ship at least late june, because I dont want to rush to get everything settled before I leave. I will only have 3 days to handle things, I guess if I have no option I will be leaving that date. Im wondering if anybody here had any similar issues about dates, and what you did to resolve it? Or if anybody has suggestions for me.

Aaron20080630
04-28-09, 06:24 PM
I have the same ship date as you, Im graduatiing early so I can leave. I go to school till the 5th a friday I have Saturday off, then I go to mepps Sunday and leave Monday morning, but im not complianing. I feel privledged, it just means I can become a Marine that much early. Besides why would I wanna stay home longer, so everyone can have a pitty party for me and feel bad because im leaving so early, people are always telling that sucks that im leaving so early, F*ck that why would i want to wait any longer I will have been in the delayed entry progam over a year before I leave why would I want to wait any longer. I cant freakin wait.

KSoto
04-28-09, 06:41 PM
I have the same ship date as you, Im graduatiing early so I can leave. I go to school till the 5th a friday I have Saturday off, then I go to mepps Sunday and leave Monday morning, but im not complianing. I feel privledged, it just means I can become a Marine that much early. Besides why would I wanna stay home longer, so everyone can have a pitty party for me and feel bad because im leaving so early, people are always telling that sucks that im leaving so early, F*ck that why would i want to wait any longer I will have been in the delayed entry progam over a year before I leave why would I want to wait any longer. I cant freakin wait.

Do not get me wrong, I am excited to ship out to boot and go thru it, I just dont know if I want to leave so early, I guess part of me wants to enjoy some of the time I have left with my civilian life, with my girlfriend, family and friends.

Aaron20080630
04-28-09, 10:01 PM
Yeah I understand were your coming from, if I were you I would just try to make the most of the time you have and try not to stress out to much about leaving so early, because either way most likely you will have to, but ood luck man I will probably end up seeing you down there.