PDA

View Full Version : Different Ship Dates?

fox223
04-28-09, 03:33 PM
So I just got off the phone with my recruiter. I was asking if I would be able to ship before the end of September. He told me that if I was joining active duty I wouldn't be able to ship until October or November, but because I wanted to go reserves a September ship date would be "no problem".
Has anyone ever heard of active/reserve poolees having different shipping schedules to Boot Camp? I always thought that you got shipped when they could ship you and it didn't matter which route (active or reserve) you were taking. Why does it take longer to ship active duty versus reserve?

CplHawk
04-28-09, 03:39 PM
Has anyone ever heard of active/reserve poolees having different shipping schedules to Boot Camp? I always thought that you got shipped when they could ship you and it didn't matter which route (active or reserve) you were taking. Why does it take longer to ship active duty versus reserve?

All depends on the needs of the Marine Corps my friend.

OutkastGurl
04-28-09, 06:26 PM
The Marines has a certain number of slots available for active and certain number of slots for reserves.

Kurokawa
04-30-09, 12:57 AM
Yes, I was told at MEPS when signing my forms that if I went Reservist I could be headed out in a month instead of in November like I wished. I would've had to take the MOS designation they had available instead of picking what I wanted though.

nrml1
04-30-09, 03:38 AM
What would stop someone from going Reserves and then asking to go AD?

Tookie22
04-30-09, 11:03 AM
From what I have heard from multiple recruiters from RSS Fayetteville and PCS Rogers is that the Marine Corps is in a greater need of reservists over active duty: Therefore Reservists are lucky enough to have a shot of earning their Title sooner opposed to the Active duty poolees