PDA

View Full Version : hello i gotta question!

ijimenez03
04-28-09, 04:48 AM
hello my name is ilene and im planning on enlisting very soon .. umm i had a questio n i really want the MOS 5811 Military Police but i had a question i want to be able to continue going to school while in .. do u know how long a usual working day is for a MP .. and if its actually possible for one to be able to attend skool as well ..

thank u .. ilene

sparkie
04-28-09, 07:19 AM
Wow,,,,, Looks like school hasn't done a thing for you yet. Why continue? Or are you dictating thru your pet monkey?

JMReynolds111
04-28-09, 07:27 AM
Wow,,,,, Looks like school hasn't done a thing for you yet. Why continue? Or are you dictating thru your pet monkey?

lol

On a nicer note, and future advice. Grammar, punctuation, and spelling you learn through elementary school I insist you apply it or you won't get much feedback on your questions.

0231Marine
04-28-09, 07:31 AM
hello my name is ilene and im planning on enlisting very soon .. umm i had a questio n i really want the MOS 5811 Military Police but i had a question i want to be able to continue going to school while in .. do u know how long a usual working day is for a MP .. and if its actually possible for one to be able to attend skool as well ..

thank u .. ilene

Oh loard, give me the strength!

What u have 2 do is stop spellin' like a 4th grdr who is textin' ur gf's, k?

Learn some proper grammar and punctuation. Marines pride themselves on attention to details. Something you obviously lack at the moment. Try again and then you might get some help.

0231Marine
04-28-09, 07:33 AM
lol

On a nicer note, and future advice. Grammar, punctuation, and spelling you learn through elementary school I insist you apply it or you won't get much feedback on your questions.

Really poolee? You insist she applies it? Know you place and don't overstep your bounds there young one.

Marine4Lif199
04-28-09, 07:38 AM

wow........ that is pretty funny sparkie. i had to laugh

Gunner614
04-28-09, 09:12 AM
wow........ that is pretty funny sparkie. i had to laugh

*facepalm*

ijimenez03
04-29-09, 12:28 AM
:sick: My apologies. Well, like I stated before, what are the chances of me continuing to take classes while I'm enlisted as a 5811 Military Police? I'm not familiar to the hours of a normal MP work day so, was wondering if I can get some feedback. Thank you again, and sorry!

Ilene

coltie52
05-07-09, 01:39 PM

thank u .. ilene
like ToTally OMg like if i CoUlD get away like WitH Tpning Lyke ThIS I TotAlly Like OMG I CoUlD To8ly be Mp or WatEva lyk OMG lol lol

Wow where are you from?

coltie52
05-07-09, 01:42 PM
:sick: My apologies. Well, like I stated before, what are the chances of me continuing to take classes while I'm enlisted as a 5811 Military Police? I'm not familiar to the hours of a normal MP work day so, was wondering if I can get some feedback. Thank you again, and sorry!

Ilene
I'm not an MP but I'd imagine it would be something like 12 hours on 12 hours off like a regular city police officer. Someone on here will be able to help you more then myself, trust me.

NoRemorse
05-07-09, 01:44 PM
I'm not an MP but I'd imagine it would be something like 12 hours on 12 hours off like a regular city police officer. Someone on here will be able to help you more then myself, trust me.

Let me guess... you looked at her profile pic before you made this reply.:marine:

coltie52
05-07-09, 01:55 PM
Let me guess... you looked at her profile pic before you made this reply.:marine:
Actually no, I just replied.
I'll go to a look now that you say that.:marine:

temarti
05-07-09, 02:13 PM
What u have 2 do is stop spellin' like a 4th grdr who is textin' ur gf's, k?

LOL or ROTFLMAOF..... G2G

ijimenez03
05-07-09, 09:17 PM

Thank you coltie52 for you're reply, I was guessing the same thing but I didn't know for sure. Like I said before, I want to continue taking college courses while enlisted. So I guess I'll just have to talk to my recruiter about my options. Thank you again!

Ilene.

Achped
05-07-09, 09:38 PM
Psh I won't lie, I could tell by the typing it was a female so I looked. I like to see who I'm talking to.

Hey, my names Matt, I'll be glad to help you.

You can continue to take college courses while you are an MP Ilene. However you may be a field MP where you wont have alot of spare time during deployments or a garrison MP (PM-Hos) basically instead of messing up terrorists, taking over other countries, or helping out our own, your job is to bust Marines. Oorah! Both are MOS 5811 but very different jobs. If you have any questions please, feel free to let me know.

ijimenez03
05-07-09, 10:02 PM
Psh I won't lie, I could tell by the typing it was a female so I looked. I like to see who I'm talking to.

You can continue to take college courses while you are an MP Ilene. However you may be a field MP where you wont have a lot of spare time during deployments or a garrison MP (PM-Hos) basically instead of messing up terrorists, taking over other countries, or helping out our own, your job is to bust Marines. Oorah! Both are MOS 5811 but very different jobs. If you have any questions please, feel free to let me know.

Thank you for you're reply Matt! I have talked to my recruiter, but he couldn't tell me more information in detail about it because I still have to go to MEPS and take the ASVAB. I'm Studying real hard so that i can get good scores so I have more options available but I would love to be able to be an MP. So garrison MP just basically busts Marines, and field do all the dirty work? LOL

ColdBlooded
05-07-09, 11:22 PM

Ilene

Damn, again check for spelling young padowan. "...so, was wondering..." Isn't that from back in the hood? Sorry I just tend to be difficult when it comes to these spelling situations. You'll have time to go to school sista, it just depends on the MOS and how much time it allows you for the edumicassion.

Fubar5812
05-07-09, 11:25 PM
I'm an MP i'll give ya the low down.

yes you can take classes while your working.I and a few of the guys in my section take online classes from universities here on base on our off time.you get days off after your shifts and it's those days you can do your classes.whether you want online classes or a university off base your command has to give you time for college if you so choose to go.I don't know about field MP units,but as far as garrison you'll have time.

0231Marine
05-08-09, 07:06 AM

How many men do you know that have the name Ilene?

phantasm
05-08-09, 02:39 PM
How many men do you know that have the name Ilene?

Something tells me any man with the name Ilene would have a hard time at life. Reminds of the song by Johny Cash called "A boy named Sue."

Marine84
05-08-09, 06:15 PM

You can continue to take college courses while you are an MP Ilene. However you may be a field MP where you wont have alot of spare time during deployments or a garrison MP (PM-Hos) basically instead of messing up terrorists, taking over other countries, or helping out our own, your job is to bust Marines. Oorah! Both are MOS 5811 but very different jobs. If you have any questions please, feel free to let me know.

I just threw up in my mouth a little :sick: LOL!

sparkie
05-08-09, 06:59 PM
I just threw up in my mouth a little :sick: LOL!

I hate MPs,,,,,,,,:beer: