PDA

View Full Version : Going home on Recruiters Assistance, any suggestions?

Katzman
04-27-09, 07:41 PM
Obviously I am not very familiar with the best ways to convincing people to sign there life away, so does anyone have any information that might help me?

Thanks
Cpl Katzman

Accord
04-28-09, 10:21 AM
It's like hitting on women in a bar. If you hit on at 50 of them, you're bound to find one who will go home with you.

But seriously, your job on RA is not to recruit people into the Marine Corps, all your job entails is getting phone numbers, referrals, etc. for people to come into the office so the recruiter can talk to them, not you.

thewookie
04-28-09, 10:46 AM
Obviously I am not very familiar with the best ways to convincing people to sign there life away, so does anyone have any information that might help me?

Thanks
Cpl Katzman

1. Ask them how they feel about the countries unemployment rate.

2. Ask them how they feel about the high cost of a higher education.

3. Ask them how they felt on 9/11

4. Ask them if they want to live forever; or do they want to try and make a difference in this crummy world we live in.

5. Send them to the recruiter for the final sale.

Chumley
04-28-09, 11:00 AM
My SSgt on RA was conceited. He felt the best way to break ground with a stranger was to talk about what he knew well - himself. He loved being a Marine, so when he talked, his enthusiasm showed overwhelmingly. Don't try to be a salesman, try to be someone who someone else would like to emulate.

SFi
C

Quinbo
04-28-09, 04:32 PM
Get your charlies or deltas (whatever the uniform of the day is for RA) ready. Report in and do whatever tasks assigned.