PDA

View Full Version : Medical Exams

PeterWln
04-27-09, 05:35 PM
When you enlist does your recruiter make you have a medical exam or do they give you one once you get to boot camp?

thewookie
04-27-09, 05:40 PM
When you enlist does your recruiter make you have a medical exam or do they give you one once you get to boot camp?

You get one at MEPS prior to going.

CplHawk
04-27-09, 05:40 PM
You go through a medical examination up at MEPS. And then many more in your career after that if/when you earn the title.

- Hawk

PeterWln
04-27-09, 05:43 PM
Thanks, is it basicly just like a sports physical?

CplHawk
04-27-09, 05:46 PM
Thanks, is it basicly just like a sports physical?

Not sure, I never had a sports physical. But basically they check on everything; blood tests, hearing, sight, they have you do the duck walk, stuff like that. It's been a while and I can't remember all of it; spent most of my time at MEPS getting my first taste of "hurry up and wait".

Alisium
04-27-09, 06:30 PM
Not sure, I never had a sports physical. But basically they check on everything; blood tests, hearing, sight, they have you do the duck walk, stuff like that. It's been a while and I can't remember all of it; spent most of my time at MEPS getting my first taste of "hurry up and wait".

And bend over and spread your cheeks.

CplHawk
04-27-09, 06:34 PM
And bend over and spread your cheeks.

I was gonna omit that part for his benefit; I know a lot of people who freak themselves out when they have that to think about for any time prior to spreading them :p