PDA

View Full Version : Marine's Home Burglarized as She Gives Birth at Hospital

thedrifter
04-26-09, 07:16 AM
Marine's Home Burglarized as She Gives Birth at Hospital

By: Rowena Lugtu-Shaddox

April 26, 2009

RANCHO CORDOVA - When Claire Murphy gave birth to her daughter on Friday, it was the happiest moment of her life.

But that time also became one of sorrow after she found out someone broke into her home, while she was at the hospital giving birth.

"I've worked so hard to get everything taken care of, you know. And then this happens," said the 27-year-old new mom, who is also a corporal in the Marines.

Whoever broke into her Rancho Cordova apartment ransacked it and stole the baby's new clothes, and even baby formula. The culprit also took her camouflage uniforms out of the closet and dumped them on the floor.

"You know I feel like I'm a good citizen, and for something like this to happen,.. it's hard," she said, as tears streaked down her face.

And in the midst of all the mess, Murphy found the family's pet iguana, dead and discarded at the bathroom sink.

Still, the Marine and new mom said the experience was just a setback - one she knows she'll get through.

Murphy is happy to be a new mother and excited to share with her daughter all the good things life has to offer.

Ellie