PDA

View Full Version : Billy Bob Thornton Blames Lack of News, Slow Marines For Viral Radio Interview

thedrifter
04-23-09, 07:33 AM
Billy Bob Thornton Blames Lack of News, Slow Marines For Viral Radio Interview

4/22/09, 5:33 pm EST

When word broke that the Boxmasters, the band featuring don’t-call-me-actor Billy Bob Thornton, were appearing on the Jimmy Kimmel Show last night, many expected Angelina’s ex to use his time on Kimmel’s couch to apologize for the ill-fated Canadian interview that became an instantaneous viral hit. Kimmel even ventured to use the A-word — “actor” — but instead of saying sorry, Thornton blamed the Marines for the fallout following his obnoxious appearance on CBC’s Q Show. “If the captain from that pirate abduction had been rescued that day, no one would know anything about [the interview],” Thornton said.

“First of all, the fact that that was news was astounding to me,” Thornton told Kimmel. “But it gave humpback geeks all over the world something to do for a couple days.” There must be a lot of “humpback geeks” out there: 1,868,054 viewers and counting have visited YouTube to watch the video since it was posted. Still, Thornton doesn’t know what all the fuss is about. “First of all, I do that all the time,” Thornton told the audience before launching telling a story about how another German DJ breached his pre-interview requirements, resulting in Billy Bob telling the interviewer about a steel plate from Venus that was in his head.

So there you have it. No apologies to Canada for calling the audiences up North “mashed potatoes without gravy,” no remorse for those two concerts that were canceled due to some (likely fake) illness. If Thornton ever stars in The Astronaut Farmer 2, expect it to bomb at the Canadian box offices (though we’d be first in line for Bad Santa 2.)

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtA-FYnW5G8&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erollingstone%2Ecom%2Frockd aily%2Findex%2Ephp%2F2009%2F04%2F22%2Fbilly%2Dbob% 2Dthornton%2Dblames%2Dlack%2Dof%2Dnews%2Dslow%2Dma rines%2Dfor%2Dviral%2Dinter&feature=player_embedded

Ellie