PDA

View Full Version : Dress blue belt face question

Katzman
04-22-09, 06:49 PM
I'm wondering if this is the correct... belt buckle thing (I don't know the name of it, shame on me I know!) with the leafs on it? I'm assuming that NCOs and above wear it?

Thanks!

http://djblackadam.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451d28b69e200e553b254678834-800wi

thewookie
04-22-09, 06:56 PM
The buckle is correct, but the left EGA collar emblem is all forked up. It's backwards,,,the anchor is pointed in the wrong direction,,,,this is some sort of test right.

thewookie
04-22-09, 07:00 PM
And I know this is a stupid question, but why are your, or the ribbons and badges on the Dress Blues showing, why are they different then your signature ribbons and badges?

Must be a pic, a forked up pic of another Marines Dress Blues?

thewookie
04-22-09, 07:03 PM
What about the ribbons? They are all forked up too, what is this some PME test or something? Some of those ribbons don't look right, specifically the 3rd and 4th in seniority - they look the same. And some of the rest of them look odd to me, I'm no expert here but something is up with them too.

Can you tell it's the Bruins intermission and I'm bored....

SWeep

Katzman
04-22-09, 07:30 PM
This is not a picture of me, as I'm a Corporal. I just didn't know how to word it correctly to get the point accross so I needed a picture.

Thanks!

Wyoming
04-22-09, 08:54 PM
I'm with the Wook here, but, WTF, is this a poser question/problem here?

Alisium
04-22-09, 08:58 PM
This is not a picture of me, as I'm a Corporal. I just didn't know how to word it correctly to get the point accross so I needed a picture.

Thanks!

Dude, that is not our belt buckle. NCO's just have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The leaves on either side are for SNCO's and above.

Whoever set up that pic is FUBAR.

Alisium
04-22-09, 09:05 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/alisium/USMCBall.jpg

That's the belt buckle.

slug
04-22-09, 09:57 PM
I do believe we have been given a picture of a poser. No Marine would screw up the collar EGA's, or double up on the same ribbon.

(had to break out my cheat book, but here's what he's showing)
1- Navy Commendation Medal 2- Iraq Campaign Medal 3- unknown
4- unknown 5- Navy Presidential Unit Citation 6- unknown
7- unknown 8- unknown 9- unknown

looks like jrotc/rotc/whatever ribbons. and the one's that are Marine ribbons, 5 and 2 are out of order anyways.

Alisium
04-22-09, 10:07 PM
The pic is from a google search. I cam across it to. It's one of the first good pics of a belt buckle.

Anyways, it wasn't the OP's intent to pass himself off as the guy in the pic. Just to show a pic of the belt he was talking about.

DocGreek
04-22-09, 11:21 PM
How many hash marks, do you have on your uniform?? Don't wear Dress Blues unless you've got at least TWO hash marks!!....Starting your 9th year in the Corps. At least....that's the way it was....in the old day's! Times, and customs have changed....makes me an old fart...HUH??.....DOC

thewookie
04-23-09, 05:53 AM
Dude, that is not our belt buckle. NCO's just have the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. The leaves on either side are for SNCO's and above.

Whoever set up that pic is FUBAR.

Nice job, I was Bruin punch drunk and got confused, I forgot they added the EGA for NCO's, but the leaf stuff is for SNCO's. My Bad.

Pete0331
04-23-09, 11:47 AM
I do believe we have been given a picture of a poser. No Marine would screw up the collar EGA's, or double up on the same ribbon.

looks like jrotc/rotc/whatever ribbons. and the one's that are Marine ribbons, 5 and 2 are out of order anyways.

There isn't an ICM.

The pic has to be a poser... or a production shot from a movie/tv show.

yanacek
04-23-09, 11:59 AM

Ribbon #2 is the World War II Victory Medal.
http://www.wwiimissing.com/images/wwii_victory_medal.jpg

slug
04-23-09, 01:12 PM
^ d@mn, I dunno how I screwed that up but now I feel like a retard. They don't even look similar. Thanks MSgt.

SGT VAS
04-23-09, 02:23 PM
Katzman, your profile says you were part of OIF 1 but yet you did not enter the Corps until 2007? I seem to recall being in Iraq during Phantom Fury in 2004 during OIF 2......do you by chance happen to have a time machine?

Katzman
04-23-09, 03:57 PM
Katzman, your profile says you were part of OIF 1 but yet you did not enter the Corps until 2007? I seem to recall being in Iraq during Phantom Fury in 2004 during OIF 2......do you by chance happen to have a time machine?

Fixed

SSgt McCord
05-26-09, 05:13 PM
Your Belt Buckle if for SNCO's

A NOC has only the Eagle Globe and Anchor. A NON NCO has nothing.

jnemesis010
01-25-11, 02:35 PM
The buckle is for SSgt and above. A SNCO buckle. The regular buckle has nothing on it, the NCO buckle has the EGA, and the SNCO buckle has the leaves on it

jnemesis010
01-25-11, 02:36 PM
Sorry SSgt. I didn't see your post

Sergeant M
01-26-11, 05:22 AM
Wow, that is a great picture. Anyone that is still in should send that to their SNCO with the same question and see what he has to say about it.

elliscraig12
01-26-11, 05:41 AM

Thanks!
If you're a Corporal then why do you have Sergeant stripes on your avatar?

Sergeant M
01-26-11, 05:53 AM
Maybe he got NJP'd and neglected to update his profile?

devilbones2
01-26-11, 12:53 PM
Dont they teach this stuff at boot camp anymore?

pitts
12-02-11, 07:25 AM
If you're a Corporal then why do you have Sergeant stripes on your avatar?

Probably because the post you're quoting is from two years ago and he's since been promoted.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the pennants coming off the top of the collar in the original picture. So much wrong with that image.

Apache
12-02-11, 10:09 AM
Stored up a real Hornet nest with that one didn't ya ?

ridingcrops
12-02-11, 12:37 PM
Did anyone notice there is no fire watch ribbon?

O.R. Davis
12-02-11, 01:23 PM
# 2 looks like Army Reserve Achievement, & #9 looks like Air Force Overseas Ribbon

USMCDavis07
02-12-12, 04:11 PM
EGAs are messed up, ribbons, shooting badge that is to the right is another rifle badge not a pistol badge, belt buckle is Staff NCO, not nco preety much FUBAR.