PDA

View Full Version : FITREP Question

Echo7Oscar
04-22-09, 01:40 PM
Devel Dogs

I am currently station at a joint command and need some assistance with a FITREP question. This is my first FITREP as a Gunny and would like to know what is normally put as directed comments in Section I for promotion status, to either Master Sergeant or First Sergeant.

SEMPER FI

GySgtRet
04-22-09, 01:58 PM
Why double tap for your answer? Ok as far as I know these days you have a wealth of information available without going to the S-1. You have MOL and you also have the PES order from MMSB. You need to look at MCO 1610.XX. The 5 part FITREP has a lot more to mark for a reporting senior. My wife and I have many discussions about FITREPs as she works at HQMC for MMSB. READ the MCO, ask your S-1. Above all it is your responsibility to look into your career and get it right. No reporting senior that I know of will do this for you. There are also command visits from MMSB all year round at different commands. OR if you are close enough to Quantico go to building 2008 on Elliott Rodd at Quantico. I think the phone number for general questions is also on the site. If you have any questions PM me.

Gunny out
Semper Fi
:usmc:

Echo7Oscar
04-23-09, 07:12 AM
Thanks for information, I was not trying to double tap but by browser did not tell me it posted the first time. Currently there is no S-1 where I am at, there are only 4 Marines at this command. I read through the MCO and it states that there must be directed comments for the mark in that section. My RS is an Air Force Maj and I am just trying to ensure the verbiage is correct.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

GySgtRet
04-23-09, 03:22 PM
as its own website also for more information. The RS has to have a profile for him/her to do a fit rep for you. I ecourage you to help any Sgts also that may be at the same command. Or like I said befoe PM me or mauybe we could talk about this for a better understanding. Just busting your chops about the double tap guns.

Semper Fi

Echo7Oscar
04-23-09, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the help.