PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp Trophies and Promos

Convulsive
04-20-09, 11:06 PM
If you get a trophy, say Iron Man for instance or any other various trophies you can get in Boot Camp, will you be able to keep them?

Also, is it possible to graduate Lance Corporal out of Boot? For instance say a recruit goes in with 15 college credits and becomes honor grad would he then be promoted to Lance Corporal?

Achped
04-21-09, 02:00 AM
Are you at RSS Seminole or Clearwater? Is your recruiter new?

If you see SSgt Robinson or SSgt V, tell them Cpl Garrison will be on post-deployment leave soon and is going to love whipping some poolees into shape!

To answer your questions.

No, you don't keep the trophies.

Yes. Its possible, but unlikely.

0231Marine
04-21-09, 07:16 AM
To put it more bluntly, do a friggin search for your information. I can count atleast 3 other, "Can I be a Lance Corporal out of bootcamp?" threads in the last couple weeks.

Achped, run them until they are crying!!!

Marine84
04-21-09, 07:25 AM
I say run them til I get tired!

Convulsive
04-21-09, 07:53 AM
Are you at RSS Seminole or Clearwater? Is your recruiter new?

If you see SSgt Robinson or SSgt V, tell them Cpl Garrison will be on post-deployment leave soon and is going to love whipping some poolees into shape!

To answer your questions.

No, you don't keep the trophies.

Yes. Its possible, but unlikely.

Yea, he took SSgt hicks place i think. i'm going to see SSgt V today he's leading our weekly PT. i'll tell him

Sorry for the post too, im new to the forums and haven't been around long enough to see the other posts like this.

0231Marine
04-21-09, 08:22 AM
So you're a Warhawk huh? We lost to your baseball team in the State Regionals my Senior year in high school in 2001. That team had something like 4 guys that got drafted in the 1st Round and another 3-4 within the first 5 rounds. Kotchman is the only one that made it to the pro's that I know of though.

Hate the damn Seminole Warhawks...lol

Achped
04-21-09, 04:19 PM
SSgt Hicks left? Daaammnnnn! Lemme know what SSgt V says!

Yeah 0231, The warhawks were killer at baseball. My team was decent but they always blew us out. I dont know why. If their coach was that good he shouldve went to college teams or something.

0231Marine
04-21-09, 07:21 PM
They recruited their players. Enough said. CCC had a good team too for being in the lower division for baseball.

MLMonk
04-21-09, 07:31 PM
Oviedo High>Seminole..

You can get LCpl out of it, but it's VERY unlikely. The only person I've seen get Lance out of bootcamp was a female that went to BMP for a week to wait for OCS to pick up. I've heard a male from Q Co get one the cycle before me, a SSgt was telling us in the class he had regiment high shooting and Iron Man, and he gave him a 5.0 Pro/Con Marks.

SGT7477
04-21-09, 08:30 PM
To put it more bluntly, do a friggin search for your information. I can count atleast 3 other, "Can I be a Lance Corporal out of bootcamp?" threads in the last couple weeks.

At least Recon wasn't brought up,whew.:evilgrin:

BR34
04-21-09, 09:19 PM

I tried that at a local RS here, in KC. The recruiter told me he'd rather I didn't, because it would break their motivation and possibly cause them to not want to join. ****ing pussies!

...you are now returned to your regular scheduled reunion.

commdog7
04-21-09, 09:52 PM
It's not too uncommon for recruits to graduate as a LCpl. As long as the honor grad is a contract PFC, they will be LCpl... unless they fail a test. In my platoon, our honor grad was going to get LCpl (got the chevrons sewn on and all), but got knocked down to a PFC just before graduation because she failed the pract app test. It can happen, she was still the honor grad.

Achped
04-22-09, 03:25 AM
Honestly Lance out of boot doesnt mean a damn thing. We have a boot lance back in the rear that picked up because he graduated 1st in MOS school and from what I've been told he's more tarded than the other boots.

But go ahead and go for it...

0231Marine
04-22-09, 06:57 AM
Oviedo High>Seminole..

You can get LCpl out of it, but it's VERY unlikely. The only person I've seen get Lance out of bootcamp was a female that went to BMP for a week to wait for OCS to pick up. I've heard a male from Q Co get one the cycle before me, a SSgt was telling us in the class he had regiment high shooting and Iron Man, and he gave him a 5.0 Pro/Con Marks.

That's the first time I've ever heard of anyone getting 5.0 Pro's and Con's, bootcamp or fleet. I've heard of the initial marks being submitted at 5.0 from the SNCO but it usually gets knocked down to 4.9/4.9 by the time it reaches the OIC.

Best I ever got was 4.9/4.8...I lacked courtesy sometimes :)

commdog7
04-22-09, 09:55 AM
I went to Cpl's course with a Marine who claimed to have received 5.0 pro's/con's at this unit... I believe him too.

Achped
04-22-09, 01:43 PM
My last marks as LCpl were 4.7/4.2.... haha

BR34
04-22-09, 02:03 PM
I got 4.9/4.9's submitted Jan 31, and picked up Cpl Feb 1.

It was a complete waste of pro/cons. They counted for absolutely NOTHING!!!