PDA

View Full Version : New Devil Dog needs help planning his career

PVT Bell
04-19-09, 04:26 PM
Hi, im a new private who currently is beging trained as an 0311 at Camp Pendleton, im in Security Forces, and i wanted to know how do i get in F.A.S.T. Company, or what would better my chances of getting into it

SGT7477
04-19-09, 05:17 PM
What year vette to you have Marine?

2ndLAADBnWRENCH
04-19-09, 08:39 PM
Hi, im a new private who currently is beging trained as an 0311 at Camp Pendleton, im in Security Forces, and i wanted to know how do i get in F.A.S.T. Company, or what would better my chances of getting into it

Semper Fi Marine and Welcome Aboard! !!

Private Bell

Certain things in the Corps never change and others change with the current times..

I suggest that from the very beginning of any adventure. Be humble yet confident without showing over confidence or arrogance. If you fail, do not mentally or physically quit until called to stand down, otherwise go till its over for that test. Consider all involvement in any training environment on the clock with handlers or off the clock Liberty time as a total test of what they are looking for. Do not fall into the peer pressure of what's the thing to do to be KOOL at the time. Its oK, know body will ever know, is BS!!! Because, believe me those selecting you for the bigger n better show know more than just what's in your SRB... Keep your personal affairs in order.. Thats to make your security clearance go smooth n not cause a no go because of someone you shouldn't have known or the account ya didn't pay or the check you bounced etc. Find mentors that can educate and mold you along while learning the ropes. Trying to get some inside scoop with out just being another wanabe as many that have been there see it. Choose your questions wisely and be yourself without forcing something your not yet.. I am sure there are many on here that can expound on the present FAST Company adventures. How it works. Selection, indoc prep and along with getting through it etc... I hope this is just a taste of the real advice from present FAST Co. Marines because its been many years snce my days in the Corps.

PVT Bell
04-26-09, 01:45 AM
Semper Fi Marine and Welcome Aboard! !!

Private Bell

Certain things in the Corps never change and others change with the current times..

I suggest that from the very beginning of any adventure. Be humble yet confident without showing over confidence or arrogance. If you fail, do not mentally or physically quit until called to stand down, otherwise go till its over for that test. Consider all involvement in any training environment on the clock with handlers or off the clock Liberty time as a total test of what they are looking for. Do not fall into the peer pressure of what's the thing to do to be KOOL at the time. Its oK, know body will ever know, is BS!!! Because, believe me those selecting you for the bigger n better show know more than just what's in your SRB... Keep your personal affairs in order.. Thats to make your security clearance go smooth n not cause a no go because of someone you shouldn't have known or the account ya didn't pay or the check you bounced etc. Find mentors that can educate and mold you along while learning the ropes. Trying to get some inside scoop with out just being another wanabe as many that have been there see it. Choose your questions wisely and be yourself without forcing something your not yet.. I am sure there are many on here that can expound on the present FAST Company adventures. How it works. Selection, indoc prep and along with getting through it etc... I hope this is just a taste of the real advice from present FAST Co. Marines because its been many years snce my days in the Corps.

thanks for the advice sir, SEMPER FI

PVT Bell
04-26-09, 01:49 AM
What year vette to you have Marine?

I have a black 98 vette and i love it, do u have a vette too sir?