PDA

View Full Version : Shooting the shhhh...

BR34
04-19-09, 02:42 PM
So, I've always been a big gun buyer/collector/whatever you wanna call it. Well back in Feb. I bought a Sagia 12 guage (that's a 12 guage AK for those not in the know).

I recently finished a conversion of it, in which I installed and moved 2.5" foward a new fire control group, as well as a new hammer spring, new retainer pin, new stock, new pistol grip, and new trigger guard/safety stop.

So, I went out today to test it out for the first time. I had one 12 round mag, one 10 round, and one 5 round. Everything fed fine except for some old ass light recoil rounds I had laying around (they failed to extract as you'll see).

Towards the end of the 2nd mag my shoulder was starting to sting, and mud was flying in my mouth, which is why I started shaking my head.

Anyway, good fun, and I can def. recommend this to anyone looking for a home defense shot gun. Pair it up with #4 buckshot and a tac light and you've got a winner.

P.S. I didn't shave because it's Sunday, and I was in the middle of no where, so ppft!

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKuIB-w-zCU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKuIB-w-zCU)

SlingerDun
04-19-09, 02:49 PM
You killed the shlt out of that berm hero it aint goin nowhere hehehe:beer:

Wyoming
04-19-09, 02:50 PM
So, I've always been a big gun buyer/collector/whatever you wanna call it. Well back in Feb. I bought a Sagia 12 guage (that's a 12 guage AK for those not in the know).

I recently finished a conversion of it, in which I installed and moved 2.5" foward a new fire control group, as well as a new hammer spring, new retainer pin, new stock, new pistol grip, and new trigger guard/safety stop.

So, I went out today to test it out for the first time. I had one 12 round mag, one 10 round, and one 5 round. Everything fed fine except for some old ass light recoil rounds I had laying around (they failed to extract as you'll see).

Towards the end of the 2nd mag my shoulder was starting to sting, and mud was flying in my mouth, which is why I started shaking my head.

Anyway, good fun, and I can def. recommend this to anyone looking for a home defense shot gun. Pair it up with #4 buckshot and a tac light and you've got a winner.

P.S. I didn't shave because it's Sunday, and I was in the middle of no where, so ppft!

VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKuIB-w-zCU

I would get rid of those light recoil rounds.

The bad guys would love to know you had them in your magazine.

Otherwise, good sounding gun.

BR34
04-19-09, 02:53 PM
I would get rid of those light recoil rounds.

The bad guys would love to know you had them in your magazine.

Otherwise, good sounding gun.

Yea, they're gone now. I got a boat load of #4 Remington Buckshot for home defense!

You killed the shlt out of that berm hero it aint goin nowhere hehehe

Yea, there was an ant hill that was begging to be neutralized!

ggyoung
04-19-09, 03:20 PM
OK now it works. A waste of ammo. Not telling you what to do but I would see if you can delete that video now. With this new nut case we have in Washington dc you don't want that kind of publicity where every one can see. Keep a low profile with all your guns. I went to a gun show yesterday in Salt Lake City. Not much there. Most of the stuff was junk. This may sound like a lot of ammo but when you have 1000's of people wanting it, it's not. One ammo dealer had 3 truck loads of 223 rounds. I think it was all sold in the 1st few hours. Don't wast ammo.

SGT7477
04-19-09, 04:11 PM
OK now it works. A waste of ammo. Not telling you what to do but I would see if you can delete that video now. With this new nut case we have in Washington dc you don't want that kind of publicity where every one can see. Keep a low profile with all your guns. I went to a gun show yesterday in Salt Lake City. Not much there. Most of the stuff was junk. This may sound like a lot of ammo but when you have 1000's of people wanting it, it's not. One ammo dealer had 3 truck loads of 223 rounds. I think it was all sold in the 1st few hours. Don't wast ammo.
223 ammo is getting hard to find pistol ammo even worse, the person in sporting goods in Wal-Mart said one day a person came through and bought 10,000 dollars worth of the 223 ammo, the demand is higher than the supply, can you say price increases.:flag:

BR34
04-19-09, 04:14 PM
People better learn to reload. That's what I plan to do for my .45s. Especially when I start using them in pistol competitions.

SGT7477
04-19-09, 04:23 PM
People better learn to reload. That's what I plan to do for my .45s. Especially when I start using them in pistol competitions.
Reloading supplies are getting hard to find also, just another way of gun control.:flag:

BR34
04-19-09, 04:58 PM
Here's another from last summer when I went shooting with 3 other Marines. Non-Marines watching this may think some of it is a bit abrasive, but...it's how we roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tfxWVIy4e8

There's a good ole' fashion ammo dump at the end too!

ggyoung
04-19-09, 04:59 PM
In that gun show there were 4 sets of reloading dies and they were oddball cal. No powder no bullets a few primers. Put your order in now for all of your reloading gear and it will take 2-4 months.

BR34
04-19-09, 05:00 PM
Bass Pro and Cabelas actually have quite a bit of supplies. The only thing that's nearly impossible to find is primers.

SGT7477
04-19-09, 05:15 PM
Bass Pro and Cabelas actually have quite a bit of supplies. The only thing that's nearly impossible to find is primers.
If it keeps going like it is it will get harder at them places too, went to Runnings today and bought some 223 ammo, they use to have big supplies but the shelves were pretty empty too.

BR34
04-20-09, 06:27 PM
I actually think its getting a bit better. At least in the MO/KS area.

Pete0331
04-20-09, 06:32 PM

Nice speed reload. :marine:

Look into getting a left side charging handle.

390 Mach I
04-20-09, 06:47 PM
Funny thing this thread...

I literally JUST got back from the range where I had a bit o fun with my .40 M&P. I only put 100 rnds of Blazer Brass through her cuz it is getting harder and harder to find ammo in my area and I don't want to waste my HST on paper.

BR34
04-20-09, 07:10 PM
Nice speed reload. :marine:

Look into getting a left side charging handle.

No, I need to look into re-installing my bolt-hold-open lever. Too lazy though.

Bob Ash
04-23-09, 11:21 AM
...I can def. recommend this to anyone looking for a home defense shot gun. Pair it up with #4 buckshot and a tac light and you've got a winner.

I certainly agree! Here's mine:
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x8/BobAsh_album/F1.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x8/BobAsh_album/F2.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x8/BobAsh_album/F3.jpg

Tromix 8" shorty with custom upright charging handle, folder, 20 round drum mag and 150 lumen tac light.

BR34
04-23-09, 08:42 PM
That's the **** man! It's it full auto? Saw a couple of those around the saiga forums.

Did you just stick the light in there or is it secured somehow? I'm sure since it's Tromix they probably secured it.

Bob Ash
04-24-09, 06:19 AM
Not full auto.

Tony did my conversion, but the light system and charging handle are my personal design (I'm part of the Tromix team). The lamp head is indeed fastened to the handguard.

BR34
04-25-09, 10:03 AM
That's cool. I've got a couple parts from yall. My FCG and trigger guard to be exact.

thewookie
04-25-09, 10:11 AM
Not full auto.

Tony did my conversion, but the light system and charging handle are my personal design (I'm part of the Tromix team). The lamp head is indeed fastened to the handguard.

Looks nice, how do you like the drum mag? I used it a few times in the past and it seemed to jam a little more often then you'd like, this was a few years ago.

How much does the drum weigh empty/full?

Nice charging handle.

Thanks and Semper Fi.

Marine1955
04-25-09, 12:22 PM
Hey devil dog Try this on for size.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhstuvzMiB0

Bob Ash
04-25-09, 06:43 PM
Looks nice, how do you like the drum mag? I used it a few times in the past and it seemed to jam a little more often then you'd like, this was a few years ago.

How much does the drum weigh empty/full?

Nice charging handle.

Thanks and Semper Fi.

It's an MD Arms drum, they just came out last year. Perhaps you tried the Wraithmaker, which I found to be a POS.

The drum itself is super light, I don't have a scale handy that will weigh it. Since it holds 20 rounds of 12 gage, the full weight will vary depending on the weight of the ammo. Thanks for the kind words.

Bob Ash
04-25-09, 06:46 PM
The AA12 is based on the design of the USAS-12. We've got one. Nice slow rate and gas operated design makes it easy to shoot in full auto.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x8/BobAsh_album/04-04-06_1613.jpg