PDA

View Full Version : Morning Motivational

JWG
04-18-09, 08:49 AM
Well, I think this suites us well for the Pool(ee) Hall. The "Open Squad Bay" for Marines has the "Morning Zephyr" where they all greet each other each morning. Makes for good bonding and community. I think a "Morning Motivational", to share our thoughts and stories that will help keep not only ourselves motivated but others in the process, works well for us poolees/wannabe's.

Woke up today, was a GREAT sunny day. Finally got to sleep in. Ran my two miles yesterday in the same weather. Boy, I wasn't ready for the heat. Used to running in mild to cold temperatures. Can't believe I had a hard time running in nicer weather. Just getting the lungs conditioned to cold weather and Ohio throws another curveball, haha. Never stays the same temperature in transition seasons (Fall/Spring). Just keep on going, get used to them all eventually.

How are you all doing PT/Running wise? Anything cool your RS is doing? See or hear something that motivated you? SHARE IT, BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

Motivated,

Jon :flag::evilgrin::flag:

nrml1
04-18-09, 08:56 AM
Had my first PT session yesterday at the RS, I'm actually within Dep-in weight but can't do the IST, mainly because I _just_ began running. PT was.. actually fun, painful but fun, cant wait to do it again next Friday.

As I mentioned I just began running though I'm an avid bicyclist and have been pleasantly surprised at my endurance, I tried running before and couldn't even do it for two full minutes lol. This tells me if I keep at it, it will only get better. Anyway, keep at it fellers, goals are achievable and once they are achieved we can look back and take that motivation and achieve even crazier things.

Dedicated,

nrml

sparkie
04-18-09, 09:00 AM
Good thread, JWG,,,,,, Motovation must come from within, but sometimes it takes a buddy to put it in there. Glad to see you realize you aren't an island. Hope this thread goes far,,,,,,,,Sparkie.

MarinesFTW
04-18-09, 09:01 AM
Woke up at the good ol time of 8 after falling asleep around 3.... Turned out to be a chilly windy cloudy day.. Well time to get off my behind and go pt.

JWG
04-18-09, 09:08 AM
Had my first PT session yesterday at the RS, I'm actually within Dep-in weight but can't do the IST, mainly because I _just_ began running. PT was.. actually fun, painful but fun, cant wait to do it again next Friday.

As I mentioned I just began running though I'm an avid bicyclist and have been pleasantly surprised at my endurance, I tried running before and couldn't even do it for two full minutes lol. This tells me if I keep at it, it will only get better. Anyway, keep at it fellers, goals are achievable and once they are achieved we can look back and take that motivation and achieve even crazier things.

Dedicated,

nrml

Good stuff, bro. To help with running, like all PT, just set a routine and KEEP WITH IT. After a while it becomes HABIT.. and if you don't do it you feel like SCHIT. How running is for me now.

Try scheduling 2 mile runs with your poolee function day. So every other day you run 2 miles, and one of the three days being the pool function (with a 1.5 mile run). That way, you'll build endurance and come poolee night, the run will actually be EASIER PT for you.

You sound motivated. Keep with it and you'll be JUST FINE, bro! Get some! :mad:

Woke up at the good ol time of 8 after falling asleep around 3.... Turned out to be a chilly windy cloudy day.. Well time to get off my behind and go pt.

Well, you made me feel like a lazy a**. I didn't wake up til about 9:30am. Enjoying last day off work and school. Got to work all Sunday til 8pm. Doesn't leave much time for R&R. Always work and school, but rather be busy than bored I say.. I guess? GET SOME BRO. PT that weakness out of your bones. :evilgrin:

Have a great day brothers and sisters! :thumbup:

Motivated,

Jon

MarinesFTW
04-18-09, 09:48 AM
You are one intense dude, you always have motivation and its great. Just ran a light 25 minute 3 mile...I brought my dog with she slowed me down lol.. Such a fat puppy :) Keep it up Jon, Ill make it a goal to post here everyday.. Will give me something to do in the mornings.

Equipped Possum
04-18-09, 12:05 PM
Morning fellow poolees. It's nice to see some motivated DEPers. Big change of scenery. All the poolees here are unmotivated Nasties who think their gonna be the best thing to happen to the Corps since John Wayne.

Anyway I find that if you alternate between long runs (7-9 miles), and "short" faster runs (3 miles) everyday you condition your legs and lungs much quicker. I've been running for about a month now and i've already taken about 45 seconds off my 3 mile.

Also my friend told me to put a pullup bar between my TV room and my kitchen and max out on pullups every time you walk through. I've gone from 6 to 13 in 2 weeks.

PT PT PT! you should be sore constantly!
STAY MOTIVATED!

Gunner614
04-18-09, 12:09 PM
Good morning everyone,

I woke up at 9:30 this morning, which is suprisingly early for me. A beautiful sunny day outside, although San Diego doesn't varry much when it comes to weather. My RS startd training yesterday for the up coming field meet on may 9th. I'm going to be doing the wheelbarrol race and the firemans carry for my station. Time for my run..........

garyrowe
04-18-09, 01:43 PM
I wake up at 0500 every week day and go run 5 miles and do combat conditioning, then I go to the school house all day till 1630 then liberty starts, Motivation =)

BigGunz90
04-18-09, 04:23 PM
Since I have less than 2 months I've been getting up at around 6 or 7 and going on a 2 mile run every morning. I'd rather start doing it now than get to San Diego and fall apart.

pooleedavis91
04-18-09, 05:21 PM
Nice. Its motivating to see that other people have trouble running but overcome it like myself. The other day I was at my ship buddies house and he was frustrated and told me to run with him. I was playing Call of Duty and wasn't in the mood but we ran 3 miles non stop. Its crazy how running with someone changes everything. Keep it up!

Mariyta
04-18-09, 05:35 PM
I had a pretty motivating morning myself. Woke up around 7:30 and weighed myself. I lost 2 pounds since Wednesday. It made me pretty happy. Then I watched Making Marines and it helped me remember why I have to keep pushing myself.

meallen07
04-18-09, 05:40 PM
Evening,

This morning I woke up at 0930 after a short sleep, and gave a tour of my college campus to a group. After at about 1130 I was feeling ill, so I decided to go for a run and sweat out what was making me feel slightly sick.
Worked like a dream, perfect day for it too. I did 2 miles up hill and then ran another 2 on an overall flat road, and one more down a slight hill back to my dorm. It was a great run followed by a 75 pushup set, and 100 crunches.

Look forward to hearing more from others, motivation is key, draw strengh from others when needed; there is no shame in that.

MattNC
04-18-09, 07:32 PM
Good evening fellow DEPers,

Today we had the state wide poolee function. It was fun and motivating. Got pretty sunburned though haha.

jinelson
04-18-09, 07:41 PM
Outstanding thread as usual Jon. You are a motivator and that will serve you well.

Jim

JWG
04-19-09, 09:42 AM
GOOD MORNING, brothers and sisters!

I appologize I don't have time to respond to all of your posts as of now. Hopefully later tonight. Just woke up at 10:00am. Had a fire call last night til 1am. Had to catch up on sleep as I have work from 11:30am til 8pm today. So my break for the weekend is over. Rushing on here to catch up before I head out. Today's my rest on PT and work the civilian job day. Fun fun, haha. I'd much rather PT.

Sitting here with big glass of Orange Juice and my own breakfast brew. Peanut butter and jelly on steroids. Two waffles + PB&J = D*mn good. Haha. Think it's gross? I dare you to try it some morning. Make sure they're eggo-waffles. Then tell me what you think.

Stay MOTO!!!

-Jon :flag::evilgrin::flag:

Equipped Possum
04-19-09, 11:26 AM
Two waffles + PB&J = D*mn good. Haha. Think it's gross? I dare you to try it some morning. Make sure they're eggo-waffles.

thought i was the only one!
and yes.. they are bomb!

MarinesFTW
04-19-09, 11:43 AM
Hey everyone woke up at 9:15 showered and went to church. Quickly stopped at my other house were remodeling and now im going to go run 3 miles with the dog again.. she needs to lose weight bad.

Mariyta
04-19-09, 02:52 PM
I slept really late today. Didn't get out of bed until 8:30. Then I ran a mile and a half (timed it for the first time, 18 minutes) and walked the rest of the 4. I came home and chilled for a bit, then hopped on the stepper for awhile. Now I'm working on dinner (Tuna Casserole. Yum!)

nrml1
04-19-09, 06:04 PM
Today was a break day for PT, good thing too because it is an absolutely beautiful day and I needed it after the arse whooping on Friday. I hope I dont ache as much tomorrow, but either way the wife and I are going on our usual run (me) and bike (her) ride.

Dedicated

nrml

chrizzle17
04-19-09, 08:18 PM
I woke up late, which wasn't good because i have been trying to get off this bad sleep cycle for a while now. Either way my trip to the gym went well, i ran the mile faster than I have since i played soccer in high school, and i think i can pass my ist run now. Which is great because i leave in 8 days and i have been working really hard to make sure i don't get left behind.

JWG
04-19-09, 10:03 PM
Phew.. glad work is over. About to go to bed, just want to catch up with all my brothers and sisters before I hit the rack. Would've replied to ya'll sooner, but again; I had to work all the day.

You are one intense dude, you always have motivation and its great. Just ran a light 25 minute 3 mile...I brought my dog with she slowed me down lol.. Such a fat puppy. Keep it up Jon, Ill make it a goal to post here everyday.. Will give me something to do in the mornings.

Thanks, bro. But I'm just like all of you. Motivation is a strange thing. It isn't within me. It's within "us." It's very neat. It WOULDN'T exist without you, or one of my other brothers. Motivation thrives in an atmosphere of individuals feeding on it TOGETHER. We stay motivated by each other, keeps the essence of it alive so to speak. Couldn't have it solely by ourselves. It's the element that REQUIRES teamwork and brotherhood. Thank God the Marine Corps is such a great harvesting ground for the thing we call MOTIVATION.

It's a nasty motherf*cker when it hits it's climax. Just look at Marines in combat. It can do some damage to the enemies of America.

Thank god for MOTIVATION! :evilgrin:

P.S: Get that fat-bodied dog of yours into Marine Corps shape! Haha.

Also my friend told me to put a pullup bar between my TV room and my kitchen and max out on pullups every time you walk through. I've gone from 6 to 13 in 2 weeks.

PT PT PT! you should be sore constantly!
STAY MOTIVATED!

Yepper buddy. Setting up situations that remind you to PT constantly throughout the day while at home helps. For instance.. get in the routine of doing pushups every time a commercial comes on. Max out them good 'ole Marine Corps pushups. Buy a home pullup bar and put it in your door frame of a room you use alot (ex: bedroom). Everytime you go to enter the room, knock out a max-out set of pull ups. Use dresser to support feet and do crunches (shoot for 100), etc. I, myself incorporate a 2 mile run every other day. Spacing it out so one of my running days hits on the pool function night run.

Don't forget to schedule adequate (not too long) time for recovery. Not worth an injury that will put you farther behind. Keep it up, bro!

Good morning everyone,

I woke up at 9:30 this morning, which is suprisingly early for me. A beautiful sunny day outside, although San Diego doesn't varry much when it comes to weather. My RS startd training yesterday for the up coming field meet on may 9th. I'm going to be doing the wheelbarrol race and the firemans carry for my station. Time for my run..........

I know, right? I'm out in Ohio and it was beautiful Friday and Saturday here. Enjoyed the h*ll out of it while I could. Stayed nice temperature and decent out, but started to sprinkle today. Thankfully I was working so the rain didn't affect me and I got paid. Was off Friday and Saturday and got to enjoy the super nice weather. Tomorrow morning is supposed to drop back down to 50's and get lower into Tuesday with rain showers. Well, I enjoyed it while it lasted. I don't mind. Makes it that much more enjoyable when were blessed with it here in Ohio.

We just got done doing a "teamwork building" exercise with a local RS, including a fireman carry. That stuff is hard, but good work out. Also did a dead-leg drag across the whole soccer field. Killed the thighs bad. Funny story though. Buddy of mine in the pool who was my partner practicing for the fireman carry had same nickname as you, Gunner. Had bad gas that day and let's just say I give it to him for not dropping my a**. :cool: Good luck, let us know how your competition goes after wards.

Since I have less than 2 months I've been getting up at around 6 or 7 and going on a 2 mile run every morning. I'd rather start doing it now than get to San Diego and fall apart.

Right on, brother. Keep at it. I find that after I get a routine going and stick with it, it becomes a drag on your day if you DON'T complete it. GOOD HABIT right there. Whoever said all habits were bad?

Nice. Its motivating to see that other people have trouble running but overcome it like myself. The other day I was at my ship buddies house and he was frustrated and told me to run with him. I was playing Call of Duty and wasn't in the mood but we ran 3 miles non stop. Its crazy how running with someone changes everything. Keep it up!

Good evening fellow DEPers,

Today we had the state wide poolee function. It was fun and motivating. Got pretty sunburned though haha.

Look forward to hearing more from others, motivation is key, draw strengh from others when needed; there is no shame in that.

Good stuff, bro. Like many have said. The Marine Corps is not about yourself. It's about automatic teamwork, working together. Not a one man show. No true rambo Marine. Success lies in your team. Working out and running together, at least once a week, aka. Pool Functions are great. Help keep me motivated and focused for rest of week. Keep it up, it's all mental. Your body with adapt and overcome with it.

I'm hitting the rack. Time for some heavenly sleep for the next day. Thanks for participating all. This is great motivation and camaraderie forming here.

Motivated,

-Jon :evilgrin:

redman1
04-20-09, 06:11 AM
Good thread.
Keep up the good work.
All of you have learned a good lesson about working together. As a team there's nothing you can't do.
All of you are going to make good Marines.
To be honest I didn't think much about poolee's until now, when I was young we didn't have poolee's, we just joined.
Its good to have the bond you guys are getting and knowing a little about what you are in for. Its not a easy ride but its one you will never forget.
You can teach old dogs new tricks.
Semper Fi Redman1

NoRemorse
04-20-09, 08:56 AM
Whoa... you poolees are getting some and then going out and getting some more. Great idea, Jon, keep the moto fire alive by letting as many as possible come in and feed it.

I don't see any swimming in any of your posts. An hour in the pool without touching the sides or bottom is a great conditioner... and a nice way to build lungs like a whale.

And the constant PT... you guys are definetely learning in the high-speed lane. Commercials for pushups, very nice. Pull-up bar in high-traffic areas. Me likey.

Sounds like a lot of fun, enjoy your days, enjoy your PTs (throwing up every once in a while isn't necessarily a bad thing:marine:) and of course stay moto.

Semper Fi :flag:

lopez0809
04-20-09, 10:19 AM
I finally got around to writing on this thread, but I woke up @ 0500 today & went for a run 2.5 miles, around the golf course out back of my house. As far as being motivated, haven't really been lately, crazy things going on that are a total bummer. Then I saw this thread and I was like AWESOME!! Especially being the only girl from my school to do the military thing, motivation is a commodity, that's why the recruiting station is like my hang out,(lots there:beer:,jk) everything is gilded "Marines". Love it!!!

I think my greatest motivation has to be my sister who is coming back from the island this Friday!!! I DEPed in before her but she left before me (older sisters always do things first). So I'm heading down for my second graduation in the past 6 months come wednesday, and in a few more months I'll be heading down there again for my turn =P

And I cannot over emphasive the importance of staying hydrated. I made the mistake of NOT drinking ENOUGH water and that messed me up on a 6 mile run (I almost passed out during and after the run, then got b***ed at by my recruiters for not setting a good example, -and also for being a chick and being punking out, definitely no special treatment which makes me feel great. The tougher, the better).

One of the hardest things for me still is having so much pressure to come back PFC and not wanting to let down so many people. Some days just suck, and ya just wanna quit. XCountry didn't really condition me, and now i'm left to my own for PT, except for Saturday's when we have our poolee functions. I've got good recruiters (99% graduation rate @ boot, *1% ended up in the ER <- just kidding on the last part), I wont fail them, they wont fail me.
*:call:We need some more females to this thread :P lol
*Anywayz in school, so i'm going to actually do some work now, lol
*Keep up the posts everyone, they're a great help
:usmc:-Christine E. Lopez

JWG
04-20-09, 11:24 AM
The imput and positive feedback is great to see, especially when you Marines are saying it as well. This is great breeding ground for MOTIVATION. It is ALL OF OUR RESPONSIBILITY to keep this thread alive and going. For not only us, but future poolee's and wannabe's after us. Believe it or not, the work and things we accomplish on the INTERNET here, are benefiting the Corps by bringing in better knowledgeable and motivated young men and women. Thank you all now, and in advance for this. Great to see. No excuse not to be motivated with this kind of brotherhood and espirit de corps available to us through this site and threads such as this.

Christine, I have much respect for woman like yourself and your older sister. Let her know all of us said congratulations when you see her Friday. Get some!

Motivated,

nrml1
04-20-09, 11:57 AM
Getting ready to go out for my hopefully full 4 miles ever.. amazing, a week after getting thrown into running I'm even contemplating it! I'm sure I'll make it, it'll be awesome! Been feeling kinda weird lately though, aside from the normal hardcore aches I've been feeling dizzy some times. Don't know if it has to do with the changes in my body, low blood sugar or pressure, but today I feel OK so I'm going for distance today not speed.

Dedicated

nrml

rg2o3
04-20-09, 12:30 PM
Getting ready to go out for my hopefully full 4 miles ever.. amazing, a week after getting thrown into running I'm even contemplating it! I'm sure I'll make it, it'll be awesome! Been feeling kinda weird lately though, aside from the normal hardcore aches I've been feeling dizzy some times. Don't know if it has to do with the changes in my body, low blood sugar or pressure, but today I feel OK so I'm going for distance today not speed.

Dedicated

nrml

Good work get some, make sure you stay hydrated, that might be the problem of the dizzyness, and also eat healthy meals, it will help a lot!

chrizzle17
04-20-09, 12:44 PM
x2 on the swimming. I used to be a swim instructor, and lets just say that not swimming laps for the last few years has seen me sink way out of shape. Swimming actually made my friends breathing problems go away once i taught him the proper strokes, and he put forth the effort to swim every day. I think if i had kept up my swimming I would not be having the problems with the run part of the ist I am now.

On a side note, anyone have any problems falling asleep at a regular time? I have become an insomniac over the past month or two, and am wondering how that will translate over to boot camp.

Equipped Possum
04-20-09, 01:31 PM
sounds like everyone is doing well and staying motivated. But what's up with these 2/3 mile runs?
come on guys, it's just pain! it sucks the donkey dong but get over it and go on some longer runs. you will get in shape ridiculously faster by adding 1, 2, or 3 miles onto your workout.
and be prepared to have trouble walking the next morning
im trying to get at least 6 miles a day.
PT PT PT!!!
stay motivated!!

lopez0809
04-20-09, 01:49 PM
Same here chrizzle17, but my reason is because the day's are getting closer to my ship date and also because i work late. Maybe you should start waking up when the sun starts coming up, PT then go about your day. The more energy you use up the more likely you will be able to go out like a light. Early mornings, early nights. That's the habit i'm starting to get into. It works too. The same thing happened to my sister before she shipped and she told me in one of her letters that it messed her up bad. She'd stay up all night and then have no energy for the next day. not a good idea when that's something that you need the most. Insomnia translated into bootcamp is the worse thing that can happen. If it gets worse see your doc. Chronic insomnia is difficult to overcome if you dont develope better habits soon. Hope everything works out for you.

SlaveToTheCorps
04-20-09, 02:11 PM
Good afternoon, Everyone! What a great thread---hope all is well!!!

KilpatrickF250
04-20-09, 02:29 PM
Went to the gym after school and biked 7.5 miles in 20 minutes then did my 5 pull ups and squeezed out 3 neutrals (c'mon, I was still tired from the bike :D )

The gym after school is going to be a VERY common thing from now on (just got the gym membership last week)

Motivated :mad:

SlaveToTheCorps
04-20-09, 02:37 PM
That's awesome Kilpatrick! My fiance just bought me a treadmill & I live on it...Enjoy the gym!!!

nrml1
04-20-09, 04:19 PM
sounds like everyone is doing well and staying motivated. But what's up with these 2/3 mile runs?
come on guys, it's just pain! it sucks the donkey dong but get over it and go on some longer runs. you will get in shape ridiculously faster by adding 1, 2, or 3 miles onto your workout.
PT PT PT!!!
stay motivated!!

lol I definitely would love to push it and I do, but going balls to the walls is not for me yet because of my history, I've barely been running a week. Just got back from my 4-Mile and did alright, 10 minute mile all the way through, can't risk injury thats for sure. Stay Motivated, keep at it but don't hurt yourselves.

Oh and I can vouch for not being able to walk the next morning.. it was hilarious, my abs, legs, quads EVERYTHING hurt after PTing with the Pool-ees on Friday.

Dedicated

nrml

JWG
04-20-09, 07:25 PM
PT PT PT!!!
stay motivated!!

Running 6 miles a day from my understanding is actually NOT good. Too much strain and no recovery time. Just asking for a stress fracture or some sort of injury. Just read something not too long ago that said running 2-3 miles every other day is safest injury wise, and keeps up your running skills. Add hills and few sprints during runs and you'll improve run time without running the risk of injury.

Just .02 cents. Do with it as you will. Not saying I'm 100% correct. Don't want to see anyone get hurt and go behind in their training/PT.

Definitely swimming. Waiting to swear in this next month. Supposedly the local YMCA's offer free passes to Poolees in the area. Some do, some don't. DEFINITELY get in some swimming if that is the case. I used to do it all the time as a kid and was great in keeping me tone, even at a young age. It's good stuff.

GavinL91
04-20-09, 08:18 PM
Sup guys first time poster in here,well my goal is to lose weight so i can dep after hs.I got school now so i do most of my workouts at class weight training and afternoon workouts.Also i have a thread for posting your weight loss goals.

Tags: Post Weight Loss Goals

Good luck to all !

sparkie
04-20-09, 08:18 PM
JWG,,, A 6 mile day is doable for some,,,,,,, Not for all. First cronic pain and you stop. My mileage was 10, 3 times a week, with no probs. But everyone must find their own place. [ My 3 was 16 min at that time in my life.] Still and all,,,,,,, Great Thread, I'm promoting you,,,,,ain't figured out to what yet.

MarinesFTW
04-20-09, 08:22 PM
JWG you are correct in that its the best way for training for running. But as I said in a different thread a while I have a sister who likes to run ALOT and she runs 10+ miles 5-6 days a week at least.. Shes going to be running her first merathon next month down in Rochester, Minnesota..

sparkie
04-20-09, 08:29 PM
Good afternoon, Everyone! What a great thread---hope all is well!!!
To see you posting again,, Lil Sis,,,,,:iwo:

GavinL91
04-20-09, 08:34 PM
Hell,i try to run 2miles a day,i jog 8 and walk 8 laps and finish with 5 hill sprints.I do this daily at 8 everyday,twice a day on the weekends,then i come in and do 100 crunches before bed,(of course 10 sets of 10 with 5 secs of rest in between.)

Wes40138
04-21-09, 05:20 AM
After work today I am going to do another CrossFit WOD(Work Out of the Day ) I did my first yesterday and I was pouring sweat after 2 mins ! And also I weighed in yesterday 8lbs down , 76 lbs away from my DEP weight . :banana:

NoRemorse
04-21-09, 07:52 AM
After work today I am going to do another CrossFit WOD(Work Out of the Day ) I did my first yesterday and I was pouring sweat after 2 mins ! And also I weighed in yesterday 8lbs down , 76 lbs away from my DEP weight . :banana:

Excellent work there, Wes. Stay on the straight and narrow and get in the pool sometime. The water's fine but the workout's are better.

Now go get the rest of the poolees and future DEPers out of the rack!

Gunner614
04-21-09, 10:12 AM
Good morning everyone, not sure whats so good about it though. It's 0800 and its already 78. Its supposed to hit 96 degrees today. Screw San Diego

NoRemorse
04-21-09, 10:20 AM
You might wanna work on that moto, poolee. You think it sucks now? You're scheduled for a vacation at MCRD-SD. Enjoy the hills...

Suck it up, acclimate yourself some more and get some. Then come back and see what moto your fellow poolees have provided for you.

SlaveToTheCorps
04-21-09, 11:18 AM
To see you posting again,, Lil Sis,,,,,:iwo:

Yep, I'm back & more moto than ever...:yes:

How have you been, Big Brother?!?

SlaveToTheCorps
04-21-09, 11:21 AM
Good morning, poolees, civis & of course Marines!!!

It's a lovely rainy morning here in Illinois...felt like Rocky running in the cold weather...just not quite as 'bulky' and manly! ;o)

What's everyone's PT schedule look like today?!? Anyone need a little extra moto?!?

boblasek
04-21-09, 12:16 PM
Its another fantastic day in So Cal! Gonna be another warm one and a nice change for my running. Ran last night and feel really good. Cadences helped a lot with keeping pace and a very big motivation to keep going. Hope everyone has a great day.

rg2o3
04-21-09, 12:19 PM
keep up the good work and keep pushing! will get a lot easier! stay moto!

Hows everyone doing? Hitting the gym today after school to work on upper body today, get those pull ups up! Hope everyones having a good day, and have a hard PT session!

JWG
04-21-09, 08:17 PM
Figured something out.. hard for me to get on in time for the MORNING during the school week. Just not enough time in the morning rush. Woke up at 0630 and headed out the door at 0700 like all school mornings. Sh*t, shower, shave and out the door. Was raining on and off today, but thankfully there were some significant spots of nice sunshine. Today was my day off running, going to do some PT before I shut down for the night and prepare for tommorow. Pool function tommorow, always love them. Fresh batch of motivation for the week. It's like "gas day" for the truck.. but for the soul.. with MOTO. PRICE TAG = SWEAT and LUNGS. Got to love it.

Seen some family I don't get to see much today. Took a few of them out to eat and catch up. I love 'em with all my heart so definitely brightened my day by a mile. Can't complain at all. Found out I'm swearing into the Corps officially MAY 1ST. Leave April 30th for MEPS. Already took my ASVAB and Physical, now get to enjoy the night at the hotel without much to worry about. Can't wait.. been waiting to make this commitment official for at least 5 years now. Worth the wait.

Have a GREAT NIGHT all. I will check in tomorrow. I'm so proud to be on this road. Wouldn't have it any other way. Life would be dull, I say live it on the edge. So many pu$$ies out there now a-days. So I have a great respect for all of my future brother and sister Marines and current brother and sister poolee's wannabe's making the Commitment to Corps and Country.

Rest easy, warriors and patriots.

STAY MOTO!!!

Jon:flag::evilgrin::flag:

BigGunz90
04-21-09, 09:17 PM
I had a PT session today. Not really formal PT, but me and some buddys played extreme vollyball [2 man teams, using the whole gym]. It really gets the heart umping. I was dead tired after that. Finished up with some push ups and came home and got a shower. Hit the books for some homework I still had to get done. It seemed like a pretty good day today.

Night everyone.

PoolieAhrens
04-21-09, 11:41 PM
I missed my PT session today due to work, so my recruiter made me do double at home. haha. Ran 5 miles and maxed out on push ups. See for me, I love running. Anything cardio is my strong point. But my pull ups are still lacking pretty bad.

In January of 2008 I weighed 240 pounds. (6'1") Being big and living in FL sucks because I lived 5 mins from the beach and I hated going to it. So I was determined to loose the weight. Which I did. And to this date I weigh 179 pounds. The only problem was, I lost most of the weight by cardio and eating healthier. So I never focused on upper body as much as I should have. So I can run the mile and a half in 11:14 and I now have over 100 sit ups, but I'm at a meessly 1 pull up. So thats my focus point at the moment.

It's awesome to see how every one is staying focused and knows what they want. I'm glad I took the right path to really start my life!

Capital M
04-22-09, 10:28 AM
Pulled an all nighter this past night to finish up a rather larger paper. Took a break at 5 and ran 3 miles. 20:41. Not my best, but it got my blood flowing and got rid of the caffeine jitters.

JWG
04-22-09, 11:43 AM
I had a PT session today. Not really formal PT, but me and some buddys played extreme vollyball [2 man teams, using the whole gym]. It really gets the heart umping. I was dead tired after that. Finished up with some push ups and came home and got a shower. Hit the books for some homework I still had to get done. It seemed like a pretty good day today.

Night everyone.

Good stuff, bro. I think some of us forget that keeping grades up and working hard on our school work is just as important as PT and running. I'm guilty of slacking of some times on the school side but I try to keep myself in check. Good to see you did your PT/run and decided to do the work we're COMMITTED to do for school and the diploma instead of putting it off and going right to bed. Takes a stronger person to do that.

PoolieAhrens: The things we can do is amazing isn't it? All in your attitude and mindest aka. MOTIVATION. Seen and heard of some amazing weight loss and dedication stories being around the Corps. Something special about this brotherhood. Keep it up, GET SOME!!

My morning was good. Double rations on the waffle PB&J. Sunnier than weather called for, so can't complain thus far. Probably will rain by tonight's pool function. Little rain just means more mud and fun for the crunches and run. Report back tonight. Have a good day, brothers and sisters.

STAY MOTO!!!

mbrazil
04-22-09, 12:22 PM
Ive been sick for 5 days and cant run because my chest is so congested. Normally I would PT through it, but I ship in less than 2 weeks and want to be 100% healthy going in. It really sucks not being able to run...

kpuente
04-23-09, 06:02 AM
It looks like it's going to be a nice day here in Cleveland. There is blue skies and sunshine already. I woke up and ran two miles, did pushups, and crunches. Now im gettting ready for my two classes today. Then this evening I will PT some more.

Right now I am in college. For three semesters, I went to a private college and now im far in debt. I transferred to the local community college this semester. I am not really sure what I want to go to school for. The military has always been a passion of mine as I grew up. So in February I walked into my local recruiter's office. He weighed me in at 281 lbs. He told me what I had to do if I want to enlist. So I walked out and said I am going to do it. Two and half months later I am currently at 254 lbs. I feel healthier and much more in shape. I have a lot of work to get to 216 lbs so I can DEP in. But someday, I am going to earn the title of United States Marine. Some of my friends and family say, I wont be able to and keep dreaming. Thats enough motivation for me right there. Hope everyone has a good day.

nrml1
04-23-09, 08:53 AM
It's been a crazy week, I've been recovering from last Friday's PT and it has been slow going. Still I've managed to continue running, not as much as I'd like but still going. Today I'm going to focus on core exercises since tomorrow I'll be sure to get a good amount of running with the poolees, if you know what I mean.

Dedicated,

nrml

JZfs720
04-23-09, 09:31 AM
Good morning all,
Today is surprisingly cool for a spring morning in North Carolina, but it's beautiful out. It's made even more beautiful to me by the fact that after I looked at my calender, I realized that I have 17 days until Parris Island

goodtimes
04-23-09, 11:26 AM
GOOD MORNING! It's cold and raining... you know what that means. Running and low crawls in the mud. Seriously, I will make the most of this opportunity.

GavinL91
04-23-09, 11:58 AM
GOOD MORNING! It's cold and raining... you know what that means. Running and low crawls in the mud. Seriously, I will make the most of this opportunity.Hell yeah,get your hands dirty!LOL

Me im recovering today after my intense matt drills i did for football.It consisted of a few drills for 15 mins apiece and by the end of that my grey tee was soaked,but i didnt quit and im pretty proud of myself.

Equipped Possum
04-23-09, 01:08 PM
good morning everyone. Sounds like everyone is staying motivated despite setbacks which is good to see. I think I'm losing some of my moto. The poolee functions in my area are non-existant and when they happen they are geared more toward pleasure activities like paintball and football. I LOVE paintball but the purpose of these things is to get us ready for bootcamp and i know that im behind where i should be when it comes to phisical strength.
Finding a steady workout partner has also been hard.
how do you guys keep the moto up when you're working out alone?

mbrazil
04-23-09, 01:21 PM
Its unfortunate to see not all recruiting stations are as involved as some of ours. That is something you should bring up to your recruiters.

As for how to keep motivated while PTing alone...well when Im running Ill sing cadences in my head. That motivates the hell out of me. Or when Im doing pushups or pullups or any type of exercise like that, I imagine a DI is counting off and standing over me.

mbrazil
04-23-09, 01:32 PM
Its unfortunate to see not all recruiting stations are as involved as some of ours. That is something you should bring up to your recruiters.

As for how to keep motivated while PTing alone...well when Im running Ill sing cadences in my head. That motivates the hell out of me. Or when Im doing pushups or pullups or any type of exercise like that, I imagine a DI is counting off and standing over me.

SlaveToTheCorps
04-23-09, 03:08 PM
My recruiting station was always BIG on poolee functions; we went to the beach to do running/training, MCMAP, paintball, challeneged the other recruting stations to sports/things like capture the...

JWG
04-23-09, 08:51 PM
Good day over all. Very nice day out, and tomorrow is forecasted to be even nicer. Can't wait to enjoy the day. Got 3 mile run and some PT and then it'll be time to enjoy the day. Well.. been a decently busy day. About to settle down for the night, hope all is well with you all.

Motivated,

Wes40138
04-24-09, 05:26 AM
Today I turn 27 , I got work until 1530 and then after that , I plan to celebrate @ the gym and I plan on extinguishing my candles with sweat :banana:

MarinesFTW
04-24-09, 08:06 AM
Happy Birthday now go GET SOME!

Its a wonderful day here in Minnesota with a forcast of RAIN OUT THE *** for the next 2-3 days...

JWG
04-24-09, 11:38 AM
Good morning, brothers and sisters! Woke up to 57 degrees at 0630 already. Probably much warmer now, definitely is much, much sunnier. Going to head to the recruiter's office today after school look at signing a job contract and finalize before I go raise the right hand and swear to serve this beloved Corps and Country. Then going to slip in a 3 mile run and some PT. Might wait and do a nice night run tonight. Sounds fun, followed by some bicycling and PT.

Have a great day. Always here for ya'll if you need support or anything. DO NOT HESITATE. I'm sure it goes for the Marines here as well. We're all in this together.

STAY MOTO AND GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Motivated,

GavinL91
04-24-09, 06:26 PM
Good morning, brothers and sisters! Woke up to 57 degrees at 0630 already. Probably much warmer now, definitely is much, much sunnier. Going to head to the recruiter's office today after school look at signing a job contract and finalize before I go raise the right hand and swear to serve this beloved Corps and Country. Then going to slip in a 3 mile run and some PT. Might wait and do a nice night run tonight. Sounds fun, followed by some bicycling and PT.

Have a great day. Always here for ya'll if you need support or anything. DO NOT HESITATE. I'm sure it goes for the Marines here as well. We're all in this together.

STAY MOTO AND GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Motivated,

A man,are you in hs or college,just curious?

nrml1
04-25-09, 01:49 AM
Holy Shiat!

We PT'ed today. I got my arse handed to me but I did better than last week so I'm improving, still I know I can do better, I will do better. I was kind of disappointed in my Recruiter since he seems to be kind of in the laurels when it comes to my interest in the Corps, you know, MEPS, ASVAB or just anything. However, the Poolees at the RSS (among many other things) kept me going during PT, they keep me motivated and push me harder every single time we meet up, they truly think of the RSS as a team and I can't wait 'till I can help another fatbody poolee along like they help me.

Other than that, keeping motivated, still dedicated! I did hear that the Sergeant Major is coming on Thursday to PT with us, since I'm still 'slower' I'm debating going. PT! Mmmm good!

Dedicated,

nrml

Wes40138
04-25-09, 10:03 AM
Today , me and a friend are going to take a hike through the woods . Should get in a few miles through some pretty good terrain , This is why I love Alabama !

GavinL91
04-25-09, 12:54 PM
PT'd today at 1100 and build up a sweet in the warm Georgia sun.Gonna do it all over again at 2000(I hope my military time is down packed.)

Wes40138
04-25-09, 05:19 PM
Well my buddy decided not to go on the hike , so @ about 1310 I embarked on my journey ,solo. And the hike turned into a pretty good hump as I walked about 9 miles in 3 hours . I got to see some of the old coal mining buildings that were used back in the day ( FYI : my hometown was based around the coal mining industry , the last mine was closed about 1952 I think) It was a good day ,I never would have known those things were out there .

GavinL91
04-25-09, 08:36 PM
PT'd today at 1100 and build up a sweet in the warm Georgia sun.Gonna do it all over again at 2000(I hope my military time is down packed.)i didnt pt later on today,i had a steak and a big ass salad,and i couldnt move.I got a **** load of PT next week in football,so i got icehot my legs and hydrate.

JWG
04-25-09, 09:33 PM
Phew. Been busy, sorry for not posting as much. About to hit the rack, just checking in before I do. Woke up around 0830 this morning. Camped out in the woods after a good 3 mile run and finalizing paperwork for MEPS next Thursday and Friday to swear my commitment to the Corps. It's been breezy and HOT.. up in the high 80's past two days. Tomorrow is supposed to be low 80's and breeze as well. Can't complain.

You guys, keep up the great work. PT, PT.. and PT some more. Just STAY BUSY. Time for rest when you're dead! Off to work at 0600 til 1430. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

P.S: Gavin.. I'm still in High School.

Motivated,

Kierstead
04-27-09, 06:14 PM
lately i have felt like i have hit a motivational plateu. im not sure why. any tips on how to get re-motivated?

SmithWD19
04-27-09, 06:32 PM
Good eveing fellow Poolee's. We had a Poolee even this past Saturday (20090425) over at the 4th Assault Amphibian Battalion location here in Tampa FL. I have to say it was one of the best days i've had in a while. We conducted a Motivational Run led by our fellow Marine's. There where also Drill Instructors from PI that came to get us "Motivated" It was the best. I'm shipping out 2009 05 11 so I have just a few more days and I am on the path to becoming a better man and learning the ways of the Marine Corps.

GavinL91
04-27-09, 08:58 PM
Anohter hard day of football matdrills,soaked tee and no quit!

GavinL91
04-27-09, 09:00 PM
Yeah JWG,im still in hs too,just wanted to know.I know its hard to balance out your schedule.

JWG
04-28-09, 11:24 AM
Good morning, brothers and sisters. Another school week. Can't wait to finish the year so I only have to focus on preparing for the Marine Corps and work. Definitely will be nice to have the extra task off the shoulder for a few months.

I hope you all are staying motivated? Kierstead, it happens brother. Motivation can come and go. Some times you have to refuel. Check out the thread in the Poolee Hall about "My Men Are My Heroes." I'm thinking about picking it up soon. Read motivating literature and movies. The movie "300" is awesome for me. The Spartans interest the hell out of me, and the Marine Corps is VERY similiar to them in their logic and mentality when it comes to combat and brotherhood, etc. Just look around at the "nastys" aka. civilians who are not going to be physically fit, fed, clothed, housed and trained to survive and KILL/defend themselves. You will be apart of a Brotherhood that will NEVER leave you. No one else but you and your future brothers and sisters will know that feeling. Think about graduation day. Your opportunity to EARN that TITLE will come soon enough. NOW GO GET SOME PT!!!

Weathers keeping up nicely here in Ohio so far. Head up to MEPS to stay in hotel Thursday afternoon and swear in officially Friday morning/afternoon. Can't wait. Enjoying the weather.. and no complaints at all from me. Stay positive all and STAY MOTO!!!

Motivated,

Kierstead
04-28-09, 03:42 PM
Thanks man. i am getting that book on friday, really looking forward to it. i will also try the 300 movie idea. i like it but never looked at it as a motivational tool.

JWG
04-30-09, 11:27 AM
Hey, good morning all. Woke up at 0635 hours. Had a good breakfast and headed out the door. Recruiter is taking me up to MEPS to stay in the hotel (pool and gym here we come! haha) at 1600hrs. Friday morning wake up and then I'm back to MEPS to swear into the Marine Corps as a Poolee. Can't wait to make the commitment official.

Hope you all are doing good? Let me know how you're all doing. I'll be back as a Poolee late Friday or Saturday. Hope you all are good.

GET SOME!!!

Motivated,

lopez0809
04-30-09, 01:58 PM
Good Afternoon to all :banana:

Glad to back in Philadelphia, came back from Parris Island for my sister's graduation. Man, it was freakin awesome!!! : ) So many Marines and Recruits in one place it made me want to just get out of my civies and into some camis and run with them, lol. It was an out doors graduation so it was awesome but there were few females. There were about 6 male platoons and 2 female platoons. I was like whoa! I had seen an all male graduation before but I hadn't been to a females graduation. Man those drill instructors send a chill down your spine! I loved it. OMG I saw one smile, I think they might be human. . . .lol. Jk, They're not. lol
My motivation had been down but seeing it all over again just sent it through the roof. I went for a run with my sister when we got back home. It was my usual 2.5 mile run that I usualy take my sweet time on and finish like 40 hours later, lol. Running it with her, I did it in 17 minutes. I was amazed. I didnt realize that I had the capability of finishing that quickly. I want to redo my IST. Now I'm going to increase my distances and shorten my time. My sister told me that if I wanted to be squad leader or guide I was going to have to work harder, run faster, and push myself harder than I ever have before. I'm good to go. Bring it. I know Boot is NOT going to be easy but lets's go and get this moving already!! School year needs to finish!!! lol.
When we got back home she gave me 3 things. 1. One of her woodland cami covers. Fit me just right ; ) 2. Her recieving Dog Tag with just her name and social, worst/hardest times for her. 3. Her crucifix she had with her during the crucible. She gave me these things, and it made me feel like very time I felt down I was letting her down and my friends that are being deployed. I love those guys so much. I'm loving all the PT I'm getting as well as the pain that comes with it because while it's there I know I'm doing something right, and when it's gone I'm ready to do it again! lol.
Are the rest of you guys as anxious as I am? I'm good to go! lol.

What are the rest of you doing for PT besides running and pull ups?

Good thing it's almost summer, and the weather's warmer, get some swim time in.

The one thing my sister told me while I was running with her that struck close to heart was that she said dont do it for yourself, dont just do it for your family, do it for your other brothers and sister that are out there deployed that want to come home. The one's who are missing birthdays, holiday's, and the everyday little things that we take for granted. The one's who are missing their son's and daughters first steps. Do it for them and be the one who says "I will" when no one else will. You look around and see those "nastys" and you know they wont stand up. You know you're not one of them. You can feel it in your gut. It's a calling. It's something that will not rest till you know you are one of the Few, the Proud, THE MARINES. It's ingraved in my soul and I know you guys feel the same. That stuff is pumping through your veins, lol. Hope you guys that are feeling "DEmotivated" find that niche and that ultimate motivator that gets you jumping out of bed in the morning and saying "It's a great day to PT ", because everyday is a great day to PT, lol. Now let's go and earn our EGA's!!!! :usmc: - C.E.Lopez

GavinL91
04-30-09, 08:29 PM
Well just go back from my daily 2 mile run.Early i checked the scale the first time in months and it said i had lost 20 pnds in i month,This is my first month working out hard and it feels damn good to lose this weight.

Everybody get some PT!

nrml1
04-30-09, 10:57 PM
Feel like crap today, went to PT at the RSS today and just was not really motivated at all. Actually I went in motivated and left just completely the opposite. But whatever, I'll keep PTing on my own and try to make myself look more attractive to the corps.

I realize I'm a fat ass, I know that and I'm working my ASS off (literally) to tone up, but god dang today was just demotto all the way. But like I said I'll keep at it, I cant wait 'till I finish my semester on 5/22 so I can DEP in, thats going to be so frigging awesome!

Damn, just typing this I feel better and more motto. They have a fleet function next week but I'm not going, gonna take that day and go PT. Keep at it poolees and wannabees!!!

JWG
05-01-09, 10:39 PM
This just makes me reassure the brotherhood and legacy the Marine Corps has. Truly a family and "band of brothers."

Goto http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72968

My reply to above thread:

Not to bring back an old post.. but I thought it was in good reasoning.

Just like to inform I had the pleasure to take the Oath of Enlistment and hopefully the pleasure of going to bootcamp with this Marine's brother who just DEP'd with me. Great young man and will definitely make a great Marine soon enough.

R.I.P LCpl Dryden. The Torch will stay lit, no one left behind.

JWG
05-02-09, 10:18 AM
Good morning all. Just had breakfast. Normal PB&J waffle sandwich. Enjoying the mild temperatures and sun, around 57 degrees and high of 61. But the sun is making it nice and warming. Letting breakfast digest and then out to do a run. Some PT while I wait. Enjoy your days all. I will just leave this morning's post with a quote from another thread, sounded appropriate for motivation.

Best part of the Marine Corps is the sincere care for their brother and sisters before their own selves. We don't just teach it we PERFORM is, selfless service. Just an essence in those souls who are called toward the Marine Corps and eventually have what it takes to earn the Title.

So, I'm here for you all. DO NOT HESITATE to PM me if you're having trouble with PT, motivation, anything at all. It's not just a branch in the military were working toward, it is a life-long.. globally known.. feared yet respected BROTHERHOOD.

GET SOME!!!

Motivated,

JWG
05-05-09, 08:35 PM
Hey all, let's keep this alive. How are all my brothers and sisters doing? Day was good for myself. Personally just waiting for school semester to end. Want to get it over with, one less worry. Pool function tomorrow and going to push myself extremely hard and get motivated before I go.

Check in people. GET SOME!!

Motivated,

Jon

mbrazil
05-05-09, 09:21 PM
One thing I notice about you Jon...

Motivation is your anti-drug.

lol keep it up

SlaveToTheCorps
05-12-09, 01:55 PM
Hey, All!
It's been a few since I've been on...Just wanted to check-in and see how everyone is doing. If you're keeping up the moto & on track to succeed! :o)

Currently, I'm getting in better shape to possibly go back...I'm also having a blast wasting rounds at the range...Just bought a Springfield .45 1911...it's awesome! Also looking into a buying a Taurus .357 just because everyone needs a revolver! :o)

JWG
05-12-09, 08:08 PM
Good to hear you are getting into better shape, sister. Keep up the great work.

Got some fun training for fire fighting coming up tomorrow morning, and a pool function after school. But for now, I have some homework I need to finish. Hope all my brothers and sisters are doing well?

Hope tomorrow is sunny and nice as it was today. GET SOME!!

Motivated,

Jon :flag: :evilgrin::flag:

JSam
05-12-09, 11:14 PM
Well, what the hell, I'll pitch in.

Had PT with our RSS today, as usual on a Tuesday. About a 4.5 mile run, 80 Marine Corp. Push-ups (in total) I lost count on how many crunches/sit ups we did, along with other exercises that I don't remember.
I got my shipdate moved up, since I've finally gotten my stuff for school sorted out, I get to leave in June as opposed to September. :D

Just one more referal to go, and I'll grab that PFC.

It's 0012 here in Atlanta, That counts as morning, right? I'm off to bed.
Keep it motivated, poolees. "Obstacles make me stronger; there's no such things as barriers" -- Sgt "Rudy" Reyes.

---Poolee Sampson signing off.

JWG
05-15-09, 02:16 PM
Hope all of you are doing well. Checking in with ya'll. Today was great. Last pool function we did IST and the 52-card PT. Each suite of card was for a different PT exercise and the number on the card was for the number we'd do. Went through the whole deck and was a GREAT endurance and strength building experience. Stuff we need to be doing every week to prepare. Very motivating!

Got a call and thankfully got off work this Sunday. This weekend the Marine Corps is doing a "camp out" field session. From 0800 Saturday and EXPECTED to return early Sunday evening. Can't wait.. no real details other than that. Like the suprises, haha. Hope you all had a great week and have a even better weekEND. Thank God.

STAY MOTO, GET SOME!!

Motivated,

Hartford
05-15-09, 03:22 PM
Nice and hot out today, just lifted at the gym and am incredibly sore/pumped right now...sipping on my protein shake as I browse Leatherneck. :)

ramos360
05-15-09, 03:42 PM
Well lets see where to begin. I would like to start by saying I hope all you and your loved ones are doing well in health and everything else. Many blessings to everyone here and out around the world protecting us so we can have the chance to join the brotherhood/sisterhood.

I am motivating many Poolee's in my area right now. I run 2.5-3.5 miles every other day and the heat is a major change to what I am used to. Seems harder then the cold but hey I am a Poolee it wouldn't be anything without some type of challenge. I also am trying something out kinda hard to explain but I will try to. When ever I catch myself laying down doing nothing or walking around aimlessly around my house I drop down and do either max out flutter kicks or push ups. I do this on average 15 or more so times a day. It is improving my strength greatly.

Tomorrow my RSS will be going to Fort Indian Town Gap for a thing called "Warrior Fest." Basically it is a day at boot camp. Drill Instructors fresh from Parris Island will be there. Can't wait to see what they throw at us. Going to be a lot of pain and some tears. But in the end I will come out a better and stronger Poolee. Stay motivated and never give up on yourself. Give up once you will forever give up. Push through the pain my brothers and sisters for tomorrow will be a better day. (I hope) lol.

God bless. Stay safe.

Poolee Ramos

JSam
05-15-09, 10:51 PM
Going to the Moment of Truth in the morning. Looking forward to another great IST.
Gonna run till I puke, pull till I can't anymore, and see if I can beat my record for crunches.
Hope you guys are all doing well.

Until tomorrow-- Poolee Sampson

lopez0809
05-18-09, 09:18 AM
Good Morning to Everyone. Hope you all are doing well

Haven't written in awhile here, so much to tell
Went to the summer warrior challenge which was so much fun
God, there were so many poolees gathered in one place from all over Pennsylvania. It was so motivating!!! Those drill instructors were awesome. The one was literally foaming out the mouth. Even though it was tough trying to keep up with everything that the drill instructors were demanding from us it was soooo much fun. And having the brief little intro to MCMAP, and the instructor showing us what he knew. The one kid he was demonstrating on had me laughing. MRE's are actually pretty good, though that omelette one looked kind of gross. Lucky for me I had a chicken fajita one. During the run people were dropping off to the sides and one of the poolees from my recruiting station was trying to die out on me, ran up behind him and pushed him along till my recruiter came and ran with both me and him. Then there was this other female poolee I was doing crunches with, and we were just motivating each other to just keep going, push out 1-2-3 more when it started to burn. I did get sick though. Little cold. A female poolee decided to improperly address the drill instructor so we sat out in the rain for like 30 minutes more. Then my glasses got all foggy and I got lost going to the bus, lol. And then my water bottle got mixed with the rest. LOL. it was a total blast though.

JWG
05-18-09, 07:38 PM
Glad to hear you are all having memorable and enjoyable functions in the pool program. If you enjoy that stuff, just think how the challenge will increase at MCRD. GET SOME! Been a good week so far, ran today and tomorrow is PT and then some relaxation for Wednesday's pool function. Then time to slay thy self once again to improve and prepare for the chance at the Title.

Stay MOTO!

Motivated,