PDA

View Full Version : Marine Reserve Business Owners

Supersquishy
04-17-09, 04:20 PM
To Marine Reservists here that own business' or know someone who does:

How hard is it for you to run a business and drill once a month plus 2 weeks a year and go to any MOS school, do you shut down or do you "trust" your employees. Pros and Cons please.

charm1110
04-17-09, 05:00 PM
I'm not a reservist so I will just say it's a challenge owning any kind of business or being self-employed. alot will depend on what type of business you're talking about for example if you're a security consultant type with a lot of clients that require 24/7 service you would have to develop employees up to the level of being able to run the business in your absence, that takes time and a lot of money..on the other hand an independent realtor could clear his schedule (with proper planning) and be able to maintain his business while being absent for short periods. In both cases though there are so many variables that could come into play you really do have to be disciplined and focused and committed to your plan. it's not a simple yes or no answer as every business and business owner is different. Anyway hope that helps..Good Luck!

Semper Fi...:flag:

Supersquishy
04-17-09, 05:10 PM
Absolutely, One of the reasons I got out originally was to start my own business, now that I have done that, working 7 days a week 12 hrs a day no time off sux big(not including dealing with customers.LOL) and Im missing the Corps big time. Now I am selling it and I just put in for my OMPF and working with a PSR so I can go Reserves. I was loooking for some info on how others do it and there motivations to keep going in there business and how they manage things.