PDA

View Full Version : Wear your seatbelts!

MT3533
04-14-09, 09:17 AM
This is a video from a job I was on last night, PLEASE GUYS, wear your belts...

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/nyc/090413_deadly_crash_in_east_tremont_bronx
<object height="265" width="300">

<embed src="http://eplayer.clipsyndicate.com/cs_api/get_swf" flashvars="swfHome=eplayer.clipsyndicate.com&va_id=905225&wpid=2541&csEnv=p" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="265" width="300"></object>

Petz
04-14-09, 10:16 AM
oh that's great... have that live so the family who hasn't heard yet can see the car, recognize it and freak out!

media people are idiots... they only care about themselves...

MLMonk
04-15-09, 10:21 AM
Here's another reason to wear them..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Saudi-drift-gone-bad_205455.htm

awbrown1462
04-15-09, 10:33 AM
my wife was in a car accident in Feb 07 when the traffic on I65 slowed to 5 mph due to another accident up ahead a Big rig wasn't watching and slammed in to her and 3 other cars and trucks 2 things saved her it took 3 hrs for them to get her out of the car 1. was the cold kept her from bleeding to death 2. her seat belt she could feel the trunk behind her head ( our car was a 4 door) and see could see the head lights of the truck while they tryed to get her out... She is now in a wheelchair and will need aids for walking for the rest of her life

Petz
04-15-09, 10:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear that.

echo3oscar1833
04-15-09, 01:30 PM
Yeah for sure I always wear my seatbelt. In 2004 I was driving around St. Louis on the Illinois side, it was raining, and I was tired. I got ran off the road by a Semi, and crashed into a huge pole along the interestate at about 70-75 miles and hour. The whole car came off the ground on impact, and actually broke the steel pole from the force. I was hurt pretty good, broken collar bone, bruised up, and cut a bit. But me wearing my seat belt saved my life, otherwise I would have ate the windshield and pole with my face. Seatbelts save lives. I can say this from first hand experience.:nerd:

jetdawgg
04-15-09, 02:15 PM
I used to live close to there:usmc:

Alisium
04-15-09, 03:03 PM
oh that's great... have that live so the family who hasn't heard yet can see the car, recognize it and freak out!

media people are idiots... they only care about themselves...

It looks as if that scene has been mostly processed so I'm sure the family involved were already notified.

And the report was pretty vague on the "who's". Can't tell much by the car.

But yeah.

I never move my car without a seatbelt on. I don't understand why people get so angry because it's government requirement.

Old Marine
04-15-09, 03:41 PM
Not saying that all truck drivers are bad, but will say that in my area 95% of the accidents that happen on the Interstate a truck is involved.

Iguess they do not have the drivers they used to have.

jetdawgg
04-15-09, 03:50 PM
Not saying that all truck drivers are bad, but will say that in my area 95% of the accidents that happen on the Interstate a truck is involved.

Oftimes, they are pushing loads to stay in business. So they get very little rest.

Alisium
04-15-09, 04:06 PM

My father owns his own trucking company and I worked with him for a few years when I got out.

The problem with the industry today is twofold.

1. Truckers really aren't grandfathered in like they used to be. Instead they are sent to "schools" which are not much more than meat processing plants that don't really turn out good products.

2. There are a lot of Pakis and other foreigners who are now becoming truck divers. If you've ever been overseas or to NYC you know that Americans are really really safe drivers.

Old Marine
04-15-09, 09:46 PM
Oftimes, they are pushing loads to stay in business. So they get very little rest.

So I guess they are what they are.

awbrown1462
04-15-09, 09:51 PM
I have got help from truckers before so I don't hate truckers for the accident I blame the one trucker and because of him my wife cannot walk anymore without aide and his company will be paying for his mess up I use to work on the Ca highways and saw alot of truck accidents alot of them where the fault of the car