PDA

View Full Version : Administrators, are Genadmin's available online??

SSgt Ramsey
04-14-09, 08:09 AM
Administrators, are the Genadmin messages available and searchable online??

I'm trying to locate the following:

GenAdmin CMC 270700Z Sep 99

Also, looking for the following SecNav letters:
SecNav Ltr 26 Jun 00
secNav Ltr 27 Jul 99

Thanks...

Petz
04-14-09, 10:39 AM
you mean secnavinst????

you'll need the doc code...

I did a google search and I didn't see anything.

and MODs!! can you set it up so the googlebots and what not can't come and upload the forums to their search engine?? sometimes it makes it hard to do a google search for someone.... thanks.

SSgt Ramsey
04-14-09, 10:42 AM
Petz, that's the only info I can find on the Maradmin's...

I dont' think they were released as Naval Messages with the DTG...

The GenAdmin was a Naval Message though...but the DTG is provided.

I just want to get as much info as I can before I submit my paperwork fro the retroactive CAR...I'm eligible...just have to do the paper shuffle...but being retired and not on Active Duty makes things harder.

Petz
04-14-09, 10:46 AM
yeah I hear you... but as for the GenAdmin... I did a search and that number popped up a lot... so good luck on that one! haha.

the others seem as though you'll have to do what I did and do a MarAdmin by MarAdmin search until you get the one you need. I hate to say that to you man... but that's all I got.

SSgt Ramsey
04-14-09, 10:48 AM
Thants why I asked for a administrator..they usually have a historical hard-copy of them but they may be on disk now...I dunno....I hate not having a Admin Chief available to me now that I'm out....it made life so much easier, the Admin-Mafia lol...

Petz
04-14-09, 10:56 AM
these guys have hard copies?! I didn't know that...

if you aren't talking about an 01 occ field Marine then my question is why didn't you PM a mod to get sent up??? just a dumb question.

SSgt Ramsey
04-14-09, 11:03 AM
Didn't think it was necessary to launch a red-star cluster for the leadership of the site...just a question to the admin folks by MOS that may frequent this site.

Being retired sucks, as you don't have a usmc.mil e-mail addy and usmc.mil isn't always user friendly...and not having outlook sucks also. I feel like Ray Charles walking through Chicago.

I know MMMA is the awards branch at HQMC, but I can't find a POC or e-mail contact, just telephonic...

SSgt Ramsey
04-14-09, 11:51 AM
*Update*

I think I may be on to something....

My old OIC from Combat Cargo was a (then) Captain now LtCol enrolled at the National War College in DC. I wrote through the website asking to forward a brief description of what and why I needed him, and they forwarded it to the Marine Chair of the institution.

I then called HQMC at MMMA and talked to one of the civilians there, and all they need is a brief letter outlined by teh Maradmin endorsed by the LtCol as "proof" and I will be awarded the CAR retroactive to that time period.

Now, I just have to wait for the LtCol and get his mail addy and the rest should fall into place for me.

When I went into Albania, I was a "white coat" on Combat Cargo assisting the refugees etc. into the helo's for transport back to the ships. I was unarmed during this except for a 9mm in a shoulder holster. At that time, the rules to obtain the CAR I was excluded but the guys with 1/8 3 feet from me got them as we took rounds towards the helo's. Go figure.