PDA

View Full Version : From Classroom to Boot Camp

thedrifter
04-14-09, 05:31 AM
From Classroom to Boot Camp
Reported by:
Monday, Apr 13, 2009 @10:20pm

The day got off to a flying start as we head off to sunny San Diego along with 33 teachers and other educators from the Show-Me-State including St. Joseph.

This trip to San Diego is not being paid for by the school district.

The marines themselves are picking up this tab all in hopes of giving educators a better understanding of what goes into their product.

After touchdown it's time to grab the bags.

Not much time for fun in the sun right now though the warmer temps here are already a relief.

"It's kind of nice to see what they're going through the whole time," said Kim Schank. "I'm not going to lie I'm looking forward to the sunshine."

A short trip down the way and we arrive at our home for the next few nights.

Half Moon Inn, encased by a forest of palm trees is a bit of a tease since we've been forewarned our accommodations will be anything but luxurious once we head off to the base to experience what the recruits do.

Our first official get together, a lunch where the finished products of the Marine Corps tells us about what their journey's been about.

"You don't join the Marine Corps, you become a marine," said Staff Sgt. Jared Losh. "That's what separates us from everybody else."

Video

http://stjoechannel.com/content/fulltext_news?cid=61212

Ellie