PDA

View Full Version : Marine!

firstsgtmike
07-06-03, 07:38 PM
This is a page from a folder I am putting together for my children.

Notice that I posted it in a Poolee Forum.

We Marines know who and what we are.

I share this with YOU, so YOU will know what rewards await you.

General James Jones, the 32nd Commandant of the Marine Corps wrote this.

The United States Marine: A Special Breed

At the heart of Marine philosophy is an appreciation of what it means to be a Marine. As Marines, we have a powerful sense of service and commitment, a desire to make a difference.

This sense of service elevates and dignifies our lives; it is the intangible reward for the sacrifices inherent in the Marine Corps way of life. We accept that our first priority is mission accomplishment; we value the individual as the strength of the institution; we hold as one of our cornerstones taking care of Marines.

This sense of service enriches us. The simplicity of our lifelong title -"Marine"- brings forth association with our past and our present, as well as the promise of our future.

Today's Marines are distinguished by the accomplishments of those who have worn the uniform before us. Our predecessors have aptly demonstrated the qualities that historically characterized Marines: honor, courage, and commitment. These attributes are integral to our belief in the Corps and ourselves.

We are one Corps, in which all Marines participate in determining who we are, what we do, and the principles for which we stand.

Marines always try to do the right thing. This is an easy sentence to understand, but its implications are profound. It describes the Marine way, affecting all that we do in our personal and professional lives, driving the way our units interact, and influencing the way Marines relate to one another in our daily activities.

It means that we believe in one another and that we give other Marines the benefit of the doubt. Implicit in this philosophy is the conviction that we do not always need regulations that "spell it out" for us in agonizing detail. If we believe that Marines try to do the right thing, it follows that our policies and directives should reflect that conviction.

Just as we trust one another instinctively in combat, so too can we enjoy the same confidence in our daily lives.

Once a Marine, Always a Marine.

Semper Fi

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-06-03, 10:23 PM
That is outstanding First Sgt!

offhand200
08-15-03, 12:43 PM
Awsome!! Nice to see motivation out there.

JChristin
08-15-03, 12:52 PM
FirstSgt. Mike,

This is another fine example of your class act.

thank you,

semper fi,
jchristin