PDA

View Full Version : Ship date got bumped up!

jpg8402
04-09-09, 11:37 PM
To 20090414. Six days earlier then expected, going to be tough getting all my stuff moved down to my parents place, but I'm excited to go. Can't wait!

Just a few days left, amidst all the moving going to have to try and say my goodbyes haha!

:D

Alisium
04-10-09, 12:12 AM
Congrats! Fill up on subway, pizza hut and taco bell. You'll be missing it. Now your six days closer to earning the title. Finally, hey?

I was supposed to ship in late August some time. I got a call about two weeks after graduation, "Hey, West, how about tomorrow?"

boblasek
04-10-09, 12:58 AM
Same with me just not as close. I was bumped 3 weeks earlier but I still don't leave for another 4 months.

jpg8402
04-10-09, 01:00 AM
Unfortunately, I won't have much time to get to do some of the things I'd like to... but hey its not like I won't be able to at some point right? :)

Wrestler135
04-10-09, 01:11 AM
You are lucky! i would love to leave ASAP. Oct wont come fast enough. But thats really cool man get soon rest.... Good Luck

NoPainNoGain17
04-10-09, 01:21 AM
Thats really cool. Good luck man!

Petz
04-10-09, 01:34 AM
used to be in my day (before sept 11th) a person who was a good individual was able to walk into any recruiting office, fill out the paperwork needed, goto MEPs and ship out all with-in a day... basically, once you leave your house to goto the recruiting office you weren't coming back until you graduated boot camp.

now, pretty much everyone has to wait months.

JWG
04-10-09, 01:35 PM
used to be in my day (before sept 11th) a person who was a good individual was able to walk into any recruiting office, fill out the paperwork needed, goto MEPs and ship out all with-in a day... basically, once you leave your house to goto the recruiting office you weren't coming back until you graduated boot camp.

now, pretty much everyone has to wait months.

SSgt, is this due to increased processes (assuming security wise) due to September 11th or just an increased enlistment due to interest and war effort and takes more time for all the people?

Just interested.

Petz
04-10-09, 01:38 PM
the pay raises... you will make more money as a PVT/E-1 under 4 months than I did as a 3 year LCpl...

the benefits..... the new GI Bill

the economy.... a secure job

the drive.... people want to serve in a war... I don't know why.