PDA

View Full Version : weight issues

shumate-poolee
04-09-09, 11:20 AM
i am a poolee who worked for eight years after highschool losing 122 pounds to dep in at 227. my body fat is at about twenty percent, i am stuck at 217 and my ship weight without district retention waiver is 207 i am passing my i.s.t. 7 pull ups 56 sit ups 13:07 run time. the meps office wont give me a district waiver why do you think that is and is their anything i can do to get one? i also had four years jrotc and scored a 93 on my asvab i lifted weights a long time have a 18 inch neck a 48 inch chest 34 inch waist 71 inches tall. i am no slouch to be clear but i am stuck. i watch my caloric intake and my nutritional values and do cardio 3 times a day for about forty minutes at a time more on most days i need help before i get pushed back again or dropped

0231Marine
04-09-09, 12:24 PM
You need to fill out your profile first. Then you might get some help.

Hayes
04-09-09, 12:39 PM
i am a poolee who worked for eight years after highschool losing 122 pounds to dep in at 227. my body fat is at about twenty percent, i am stuck at 217 and my ship weight without district retention waiver is 207 i am passing my i.s.t. 7 pull ups 56 sit ups 13:07 run time. the meps office wont give me a district waiver why do you think that is and is their anything i can do to get one? i also had four years jrotc and scored a 93 on my asvab i lifted weights a long time have a 18 inch neck a 48 inch chest 34 inch waist 71 inches tall. i am no slouch to be clear but i am stuck. i watch my caloric intake and my nutritional values and do cardio 3 times a day for about forty minutes at a time more on most days i need help before i get pushed back again or dropped

Keep working out, seems like what your doing has been working, just give it a little bit longer and you wont need that waiver.

TooTall8689
04-17-09, 05:41 AM
Just keep it up. Its not easy sometimes. Im a 6'6 238 pound Marine. I always have to keep an eye on my weight. But I work out alot and I do have a 20:45 run time, so they dont mess with me too much. You just gotta keep after it. Once you get into bootcamp they will take care of you. They got me down to 215 on the island back in 2005. Just stay motivated, you can do it. Take it from a former overweight req. who is now guy they look to for PT. You can do it, just dont give up. They like us big guys to left they big stuff and get stuff off of shelfs...trust me.