PDA

View Full Version : Serving british infanteer looking to join The usmc

Johnyg
04-09-09, 09:57 AM
Hello

Im currently a serving lance corpral in a recce platoon of a British Infantry regiment (1st battalion the royal anglian regiment) and was intrested in joining the USMC.

Im 24 have served 6 years, Iraq in 05 afghanistan helmand province 07.

Dont get me wrong im proud to be british but your ethos and military doctrine have always intrested me and would like to serve with another unit.

Is it easier to aquire a green card if i want to join your military? How do i go about getting the ball rolling.

All your help would be grealty apprecieated.

Thank you

Alisium
04-09-09, 10:25 AM
Well check out www.Marines.com.

Here's the "contact recruiter link".

http://www.marines.com/rmi

We have plenty of Mexican and other foreign nationals that come in to serve. I'm sure filling out that form and sending it off will get you in contact with the right person. There's even an option for those that live outside the US.

If that doesn't work, contact the local American consulate.

Also, if you're planning on coming to the US before hand (to visit, holiday, etc), just contact the local recruiter for wherever you end up and they'll walk you through the process.

Wyoming
04-09-09, 11:28 AM
I welcome you and only wish I cold assist.

Now, if only the a's had your determination!

Achped
04-09-09, 12:31 PM
I welcome you and only wish I cold assist.

Now, if only the a's had your determination!

You really are just a disgruntled old man...

Semper Fi.

Alisium
04-09-09, 12:33 PM
Keep us updated. I'm interested to see how it all progresses.

Wyoming
04-09-09, 01:21 PM
You really are just a disgruntled old man...

Semper Fi.

FINALLY, a response.

Excellent, Marine.

Now Cowboy Up, let the nerve ending heal, and get some.

Disgruntled? Naw. Just, as usual, disappointed in any of the 202,000 serving Marines that continuously ***** and moan and use the me, me, me, card.

Oh, and Semper Fidelis to you!

Alisium
04-09-09, 01:38 PM
Speaking of 202,000 Marines. Is the Marine Corps supposed to expand by another 10 grand soon for an overall end strength of 212,000. It seems I read that somewhere.

Johnyg
04-11-09, 03:55 AM
Cheers, will try these options and get back to ya

out