PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Question

GavinL91
04-07-09, 10:52 PM
I have a question to ask,me and a good friend of mine are joining after hs,he is probably in good shape and is in rotc,and me im spending everyday working my *** off to get down to weight.Anyway,my question is if we sign up for the buddy system,will we go thru boot together,or will he be a LT and go off to another platoon?

YOU OVERRIDE THAT CENSOR AGAIN WANABEE>>>AND YOU WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO

Pete0331
04-07-09, 10:53 PM
I have a question to ask,me and a good friend of mine are joining after hs,he is probably in good shape and is in rotc,and me im spending everyday working my ass off to get down to weight.Anyway,my question is if we sign up for the buddy system,will we go thru boot together,or will he be a LT and go off to another platoon?

You can only do the buddy program if you both go enlisted.

rvillac2
04-07-09, 11:44 PM
LOL..wtf? He's in high school JROTC, right?
No LT for him, yet.

GavinL91
04-08-09, 03:23 PM
well i guess it will be cool then,thnx

CplHawk
04-27-09, 04:02 PM
When I was in the DEP I became good friends with another HS student; we decided to go in on the buddy program. We ended up going into the same platoon, and since our last names were so close we were even rack mates. Unfortunately, I ended up getting a severe case of pneumonia just before going into 2nd phase; in fact, it was the night before we got on the bus to head up north that the Drill Instructor found me coughing s*** up and sent me to medical. The doctors told me flat out that if I went up north, I wouldn't keep up on all the humps, the crucible, and PT, and that if I didn't get dropped I could "very likely end up dead on a trail." I'm pretty sure he was exaggerating on that last one, but he ended up dropping me to MRP. I only spent a week there and joined up with the next platoon right where I left off, the night before they went up north. The hardest part of boot camp for me was that my last squad bay in 3rd phase was facing the parade deck, and I actually saw my buddy graduate a week before me.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if you go to MCRD with the buddy program, anything can still happen and separate you two, so just go in with that understanding.

- Hawk