PDA

View Full Version : Ed Freeman

thewookie
04-07-09, 10:20 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Ed Freeman
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>
You're an 19 year old kid. You're critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION w:st="on"><ST1:PLACE w:st="on">Vietnam</ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> . Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 - 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.<O:P></O:P>
<O:P></O:P>
You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is 1/2 way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.
Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn't seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.
Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.<O:P></O:P>

He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.
Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.
And, he kept coming back.... 13 more times..... And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in <ST1:PLACE w:st="on"><ST1:CITY w:st="on">Boise</ST1:CITY> , <ST1:STATE w:st="on">ID</ST1:STATE></ST1:PLACE> ......

May God rest his soul.....<O:P></O:P>
I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch about some Hip-Hop Coward beating the crap out of his "girlfriend"

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

temarti
04-07-09, 11:17 AM
Great post Wookie

Gunner 0313
04-07-09, 11:30 AM
:flag:I got that in my email the other day. Sad thing is that he died in August 2008.

GySgtRet
04-07-09, 11:36 AM
but I personnaly know a Marine that was evacuated becasue of Ed Freeman. Col Dick Camp is a very greatful Marine, along with all of the others because of Ed Freeman.

Ed Freeman Rest in Peace Semper Fi

Thanks Wookie.

DocGreek
04-07-09, 11:37 AM
44 years ago, Ed Freeman was willing to give the ultimate sacrifice for the right reason...no confusion in his priorities...no doubt...just a really BIG SET OF BALLS!!!! I certainally HOPE that he lived a good life, and knew how much all of those MEN cared for him. May GOD Bless him, and allow him to Rest In Peace.....DOC

retread09
04-07-09, 03:28 PM
to be half the man he was

thewookie
04-07-09, 03:30 PM
:flag:I got that in my email the other day. Sad thing is that he died in August 2008.

No sheet, huh, darn. I got that email today and figured it just happened. Good story thou...

ssgtblue
04-07-09, 04:21 PM
You know I just dont get why more of the Stupid people in our culture do not know about great men like this..... What in the Hell has happend to our country????

Gunner 0313
04-07-09, 05:03 PM
No sheet, huh, darn. I got that email today and figured it just happened. Good story thou...

:flag:Don't want you to think I was ****in on your parade, just thought it was crap just hearing now about the death of a bonafide hero. This is the kind of stuff that should be plastered all over the news.

thewookie
04-07-09, 05:27 PM
:flag:Don't want you to think I was ****in on your parade, just thought it was crap just hearing now about the death of a bonafide hero. This is the kind of stuff that should be plastered all over the news.

Not at all, Marine, not at all. I don't take offense to much, life's too short and I am a civilian.

It makes the ending of the story kinda funny but the point of the story didn't change by correcting the date it originated. Like you said, its too bad it didn't get plastered in the news back then, but then again, selling papers and pushing media ads is all the news media is thinking about today.

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
04-07-09, 08:38 PM
Yes, the media must concentrate on the issues of the day (sorry SoB's). May Ed rest in peace.