PDA

View Full Version : weird but true

awbrown1462
04-07-09, 10:01 AM
The Miracle Drug
<O:pAlcohol Was Involved: A 19-year-old University of Colorado student required emergency assistance in March after spending all evening badgering fellow partygoers to hit him in the face. Finally, at 2 a.m., someone complied, resulting in a broken nose and massive bleeding.

A National City Bank in downtown Pittsburgh was broken into on March 7, inadvertently, when an intoxicated man accidentally tripped and crashed through the front window (narrowly avoiding decapitation).
WPXI-TV Pittsburgh, 3-7-09

According to sheriff's reports, a man reported to Huntsville (Ala.) Hospital on Feb. 18 after having passed out drunk with an ex-girlfriend and waking up with a sewing needle in his urethra.
The News Courier (Athens, Ala.), 2-21-09

Undignified Deaths <O:p

A motorist survived a crash on Feb. 4 near Los Banos, Calif., though his car fell down a 200-foot cliff. After he climbed back to the highway and sought help, he was accidentally hit and killed by another driver.
Modesto Bee, 2-4-09

A 60-year-old man, celebrating his retirement from a transportation company in Ritto, Japan, in December, was killed when three co-workers tossed him playfully into the air and then apparently miscommunicated as to who would catch him.
Mainichi Daily News, 12-16-08<O:p

Gunner 0313
04-07-09, 11:47 AM
:flag:I can't put my finger on it but it's seems all of these instances have something in common. LOL

retread09
04-07-09, 03:34 PM
and marijuana is illegal?

*this marine does not support the purchase or usage of marijuana*

awbrown1462
04-20-09, 09:03 AM
The U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration recently postponed its crucial program to rejuvenate quarter-century-old Trident missile warheads because no one can remember how to make a key component of the weapons (codenamed "Fogbank"), according to a March 2 report of the Government Accountability Office. The GAO found that, despite concern over the bombs' safety and reliability, NNSA could not replicate the manufacturing process because all knowledgeable personnel have left the agency and no written records were kept. Said one commentator, "This is like James Bond destroying his instructions as soon as he's read them." [Sunday Herald (Glasgow), 3-7-09]

awbrown1462
04-20-09, 09:04 AM
In December, John Kaye, a member of Australia's New South Wales Parliament, proposed a remedy for the recent displays of immature partying by some of his colleagues: "Honestly," he told Sydney's Daily Telegraph, "if you are going to have breathalyzers for people driving cranes, you should have breathalyzers for people (who pass) laws." [Agence France-Presse, 12-4-08]

awbrown1462
04-20-09, 09:05 AM
Two adults and three teenagers were arrested in Waterville, Maine, in March and charged with arson, with all the evidence needed consisting of a video the five made, describing their crime, crafted...

awbrown1462
04-20-09, 09:06 AM
Several Florida jurisdictions have restrictions on where convicted sex offenders can live, even those who long ago finished their sentences. As noted in News of the Weird in 2007, Miami-Dade, Florida's most populous county, has only one spot far enough away from places where children roam: the approach to the Interstate 195 bridge to Miami Beach (the Julia Tuttle Causeway). Judges routinely give released sex offenders the choice of either leaving town or camping under the bridge. One man has been there so long that he now has a Florida driver's license with his address as "Julia Tuttle Causeway Bridge." In March, the encampment of about 50 men welcomed its first female sex-offender, 43-year-old Voncel Johnson, who told the Miami Herald that she had so far been treated respectfully. [Miami Herald, 3-23-09]

Ed Palmer
04-20-09, 09:12 AM
:flag:I can't put my finger on it but it's seems all of these instances have something in common. LOL
Yep I think you hit the NAIL on the head
http://i41.tinypic.com/1265i4y.jpg
http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/beer3.gif

MLMonk
04-20-09, 09:15 AM
It's illegal to walk a pig on Miami Beach.
You need a drivers license to skateboard in Orlando.
Oral/Anal is illegal in Louisiana.

There's a website that has all the retarded laws still there.