PDA

View Full Version : Embarkation

fast5frog
04-04-09, 08:40 AM
Does anyone have any better info on the Embarkation MOS other than whats in the book? I have just re enlisted and they would not approve me for 0311, I had to accept a critical MOS which embarkation was. I am hoping that I will still be able to deploy and get to either Iraq or Afghanistan, I dont want to sit behind a desk all the time.

stein07
04-04-09, 09:47 AM
I'm an 0431. Feel free to PM with any questions you have.

sdk87to91
04-06-09, 02:16 PM
I got switched to Embarkation after I washed out as an air traffic controller. It was just in time for Desert Shield, and it was good for me.
I dont remember if they gave me an official MOS change but we sure did work alot on getting our unit shipped out. I remember the Air Traffic Control vans had to be hauled to Edwards air forc base on air ride trucks, and my Sgt. ordered the trucks, and arranged for the fork lift from another unit to comeover that day. The first truck to arrive was not anair ride truck which theSGt recognized but not me. He had to send it back. He and I were there to help load and lash them down according to specs.
I almost got to go over with some humvees and cucvees, but the President gave an order that only those who absolutely had to go would go. I guess they did not think I had to go.
My Sgt did go over with the unit, however and I believe he was pretty busy getting everything ready to come back at the end. It could be pretty exciting right now with new missions and old ones wrapping up.

Possibly some good skills for civilian life afterwards too.......