PDA

View Full Version : Why, that’s Lt. Dan

thedrifter
04-04-09, 06:08 AM
Why, that’s Lt. Dan

4/3/2009 By Pfc. Michael T. Gams , Marine Air Ground Task Force Training Command 29 Palms

MARINE CORPS AIR GROUND COMBAT CENTER, TWENTYNINE PALMS, CASLIF. —Gary Sinise and the Lt. Dan Band made a fifth appearance to the Combat Center and rocked a packed crowd at the Sunset Cinema March 28.

This free appearance gave base personnel and their families a chance to see a great show on base and an opportunity to meet ‘Lt. Dan’ and get the entire band’s autographsfrom the band members.

Sinise is best known for his roles in such films as Forrest Gump, The Green Mile and Apollo 13, and the hit television show CSI: New York. Despite his busy schedule, Sinise continues to give his time to support the troops stationed in the U.S. and overseas.

The 12-member band played several genres of music that gave those in attendance an opportunity to rock out to music they enjoy. The songs they played ranged from artists like Lynyrd Skynyrd to Evanescence.

The show started with Mari Anne Jayme singing a heartwarming rendition of The Star Spangled Banner.

The band then raised the tempo, singing classic American songs that got just about everyone on their feet and singing along.

During a cover of Lebelle’s “Lady Marmalade,” they called the ladies in attendance to join the band on stage to sing along and dance.

After a few more American classics, Julie Dutchek and Gina Gonzalez called one lucky Marine on stage and serenaded him with Beyonce Knowles’ “Crazy in Love” while competing for the Marine’s attention.

The band plans to come back next year and hopefully for years to come, said Kelly Coe, the special event coordinator with MCCS. “The families and troops love him.”

Gary Sinise agreed, saying he hopes his schedule allows him to come back next year.

“I know there’s not much out here,” said Sinise. “The people seem to enjoy when I come. I hope they see that they’re appreciated.”

He ended the night personally thanking all the Marines he could for their service, shaking hands with fans and signing autographs.

Keep an eye open next March, another great show may be on the way.

Ellie